Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account stolen, items cleaned out. . .

Recently my account was hacked into. :depress: Many valuable items were stolen including Scorpion Harness +1, Flame Ring, Bat Cape, Kirin's Osode, Fuma Sune-ate, and other end game Ninja and Thief gear. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is anyway way to recover my items. I called SE. . . they said the security of the account if your responsiblity. wtf?!
    If anyone has any suggestions on how to get my stuff back, could you please reply. Or if this has happened to anyone else, what was your conclusion? Thanks in advance~

Razz~

Re: Account stolen, items cleaned out. . .

It was probably a keylogger planted on your computer so you should either virus scan for it right away to find it and remove it. I'm sorry about your account, best of luck in getting back to where you were but I highly doubt SE is going to refund you in any way =\.

Gotta love Manaburn parties

Comment

thats very sad but friends are more important than items. you can still have fun without the best items

i'm sorry for your loss
      63/63 maps obtained

Comment

SE is not responsable for your account man, you are, they cant control what others do. To have you r Username and password taken, was ether due to you doing something stupid, downloading something you should not have, or giveing your info to someone you thought you could trust, any way you look at it, it is not up to SE to protect your stuff.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Reminds me of Diablo 2.

h4x.

Comment

Razzik I knew you on Shiva, You're the thief who got me my Hornetneedle IIRC. I'm going to sound harsh here but I'm being honest:

You got dicked over, it sucks, but deal with it. Moping on a non-server-specific forum will not get your items back. The only way you get your items back is through the hard work you got them with the first time. You got em once, you can get em again. It could've been a LOT worse, such as them dropping every rare/ex item you own, taking your gil, NPCing all the non-uber non-ex item you own, setting your HP in Cape Terrigan and repeatedly throwing your NIN and THF at the goblins, raptors, and cockatrices to delevel them heavily, then deleting your character. You'd reactivate the character after a long hard frustrating conversation with SE Support on the phone only to come back to NOTHING. You got off rather easy as hacking goes, I've seen a lot worse. Some BRD on Shiva server like 6-12 months ago got really hacked and they dropped all her AF and rare/ex items in addition to taking all her gil/items, she logged back in to 0/80 mog safe and 0/60 item slots.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
            RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

sadly, there is nothing that can be done about your lost items. either cowboy up and keep going or quit.

and next time, be more careful with your information. don't give out your POL Id+password to anyone and don't use any 3rd party programs you find off the internet (especially the "cracked" ones).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

3rd party programs are illegal anyways, so if you did use them, SE's going to get mad at you, not the hackers. ( if you dont use them, then SE's still incredibly stupid =P )

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea-D
                  SE is not responsable for your account man, you are, they cant control what others do. To have you r Username and password taken, was ether due to you doing something stupid, downloading something you should not have, or giveing your info to someone you thought you could trust, any way you look at it, it is not up to SE to protect your stuff.
                  Stuff like this happens all the time in MMORPGs. Yes it is his responsibility, but things like this do happen and sometimes it is out of his control.

And no, SE is not responsible for his account, however, but they should be able to replace most of his items/restore his account and be able to trace where any of the items subsequently went.
                  Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

thanks for replys~
                    I know who stole my shit now...
                    He admited to me, but he wont give it back

Comment

If you know for sure who did it, it's possible you might be able to get some response. If not restoring your lost items than at least bringing down some justice on the person who did it to you. That's several major infractions of the EULA.
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

if he admitted it to you in the logs, the GM can use those to punish/get your stuff back.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

And remember, SE will never ask you for your password.

And if you give it to someone, that's your own stupidity.
                          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

This is what happens if you mess with the gay mafia

Comment

Razzik, who dun it? I can pull some strings with my buddies on Shiva and make his main job level drop a good bit for you...

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
                              RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

Working...
                              X