This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New song?

Whats the new song they are talking about? "added with update" <--- which one ? last one? i Couldnt find any music file
    Sorry about my english
    http://ivalice.hnmls.com

Re: New song?

wow, it's vocals on my favorite theme -- I really wanna know how you get to hear this song ingame ... Hope you don't have to complete CoP, 'cause that is just so not worth it for me :S
    Tonks

White Mage, Black Mage, Bard

Comment

heh, more easter eggs for ppl to uncover.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

It's probably the ending theme to CoP, but I could be wrong. I do know that there were two new songs added in this last update and both of them were unconvertable due to S-E's new sound format.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
        Personality Tests

Comment

It's music137 and music900 - both are in Sound, not Sound3, so it's unlikely they're CoP-specific.
          Unfortunately, because they're in ATRAC-3 format, you'll probably only be able to hear them in-game (of course, you can just swap them around with, say, the Jeuno BGM file and listen to them that way).
          Author of POLUtils (with forums here).

Comment

The one is the CoP final cutscene music, the other is the CoP final battle (stage 2) music. So barring file switching ...
            Averter of the Apocalypse~
            Unique quests complete: 330-something, keep losing count.
            Mission plot lines complete: Windurst, Bastok, San d'Oria, Zilart, Promathia.
            Maps not yet obtained: Promyvion-Dem, Promyvion-Mea, Promyvion-Holla, Promyvion-Vahzl, Sacrarium.

Comment

It's weird that they put those two music files in Sound and not Sound 3. So I'm assuming then, that the final CS of CoP features the new song S-E talk about?

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
              Personality Tests

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles
                It's music137 and music900 - both are in Sound, not Sound3, so it's unlikely they're CoP-specific.
                Unfortunately, because they're in ATRAC-3 format, you'll probably only be able to hear them in-game (of course, you can just swap them around with, say, the Jeuno BGM file and listen to them that way).
                What is the name of Jeuno BGM file? Thank you.

Edit: Nevermind. I grabbed your POLUtils program and figured out what I needed. Nice software!
                Last edited by Lakario; 07-26-2005, 08:14 AM.

Comment

thank yo pebbles
                  Sorry about my english
                  http://ivalice.hnmls.com

Comment

They aren't even in Atrac-3 format. I happen to have a sony made MP3 player thart came with software that can play mp3s and atrac. It cannot play music137 and music900.

It's some weird proprietary format it seems.

Double Post Edited:
                    Off the official pol site:

New Song Added with Version Update

(7/26/2005)

Information about the new song added in this update is as follows.

Composition: Nobuo Uematsu Arrangement: Naoshi Mizuta

Orchestra music provides the backdrop for Izumi Masuda's beautiful vocals. Ms. Masuda is an accomplished performer, creating a new genre that may only be described as pop-opera, a blend of both styles of music. Only the most resourceful adventurers in Vana'diel will be able to uncover her grand piece.
                    Izumi Masuda's profile may be viewed here. (English only)
                    Click here to listen to a sample of the new song.
                    Last edited by fastcart; 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Title: Sergeant Major
                    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart
                      They aren't even in Atrac-3 format. I happen to have a sony made MP3 player thart came with software that can play mp3s and atrac. It cannot play music137 and music900.

It's some weird proprietary format it seems.
                      Let me rephrase it then. The files are in BGW format, which has a 48-byte header containing some basic info (# of channels, sample rate, sample format).
                      All BGWs up til the July patch has the sample format set to 0 (ADPCM data). The same goes for the sound effects (slightly different header, but same general info), except that a few of those (the larger ones, usually) had their sample format set to 1 (Raw PCM, the same data you'd find in a WAV file).
                      The newer ones have their sample format set to 3. Comparing it with the data .at3 file that is part of the Fabtasy Earth content in the JP POL Viewer leads me to believe that sample format is ATRAC-3 (the .at3 file is actually a WAV file with an ATRAC-3 stream, encrypted using a simple 4-byte XOR key).
                      So they're not an ATRAC-3 file (that's actually an OGM container with an ATRAC-3 stream) as such, but they do contain sound data encoded using the ATRAC-3 algorithm.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation and that's nice and all, but I just wanna be able to hear it without going to the CS replay goblin in Lufaise. ^^ I may have to Frap it and rip the audio. But that's a last resort.

Title: Sergeant Major
                        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Well, you could rename music227 and rename 137 or 900 as that - you'll hear it every vanadiel day from 19:00 to 06:00 (in selected areas, while Summerfest lasts) ^^

Comment

This song is amazing ;o im goin to see the cs again XD
                            If anyone can get it plz share T_T

Main : Sephiro
                            Mules : Sephira Eviljin Sephon
                            COP missions = Complated

Comment

Heh I've got the goods. Follow the link you will find 2 links to the music 1 just the music other a music video with cutscene.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...0435559&num=22

now /praise me lol
                              Jobs whm 75 blm 75

Comment

Working...
                              X