This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacock Charm locations-

I was gonna post this on the Items Q&A Section, but since this isn't really a Q&A... I'll post here. Move if in wrong sections, mods (please)~

So, everyone should know now that Peacock Charm drops from BC40 Under Observation. One of my friends got 5 drops out of 6 of his runs (luck?), that's 150mil on his server. But this picture, a Hakuhaku dropped a Peacock Charm... dunno if it's real or not (can't check if its p-shopped here) but wow, if this is true then the price will drop DRAMATICALLY. Post your thoughts~
    Attached Files
    Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Re: Peacock Charm locations-

Wow...cant wait till I get back in game. I got like 250 beast man seals I'v been saveing up for something like this.
    Hakuhaku are the same things that drop eyes for the O. Hat right? If so then one of 2 things will happen, the Hakuhaku will be over camped to the point that people going for there O. Hat wont be able to get the eyes or because ever melee and their mom wants a O. Hat the price for the Charms will go through the Floor.

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
    Rest of my sig

Comment

Is it Rare/Ex from the HakuTaku?

Comment

My japanese is to weak to figure out the screenshot, but the Rare/Ex version is named Peacock Amulet.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

this would benefit my poor butt!

Comment

Really, this would be a bad thing if true. Gil sellers or whoever else would just farm those eyes all day every day, synth clusters, have a courier take them to an alliance waiting at the ??? and kill it every time it popped...until the servers get shut down.

Now, if they want to have it drop the Rare/EX version sometimes, like the Bomb Queen sometimes drops Avengers, that'd be fine I think.

FFXI Blog

Comment

Originally posted by truenoir
              Really, this would be a bad thing if true. Gil sellers or whoever else would just farm those eyes all day every day, synth clusters, have a courier take them to an alliance waiting at the ??? and kill it every time it popped...until the servers get shut down..
              If the drop rate is as good as it seems, the price will drop dramatically...
              RDM75| DRG75

Comment

クジャク�護符 = Peacock Charm
                白75 | 黒64 | シフ25
                白AF 6/6
                é»’AF 6/6
                シフAF 0/6

Comment

It'd have to drop pretty low to not be worth farming from an NM you can kill every 20-30 minutes (based on kill time and ??? repop). While sure, if it puts enough into circulation that they drop to 50k or something that'd be one thing...but at 1mil or so it'd still be well worth doing. Even a 50% drop rate, if you kill it 48 times a day, adds up.

Though of course you could consider that gil sellers could have been farming eyes and making cluster all this time for 800k-1mil a pop anyway, and from what I've seen they don't.

FFXI Blog

Comment

So the Cock Charm drops from the BCNM Under Observation?

EDIT: What do you do in the BCNM Under Observation?
                    Last edited by Tipsy; 07-24-2005, 10:03 AM.
                    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                    Yeah, It’s true.
                    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Hmm......someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty darn sure that

Hakuhaku is the NM from where you get the Optical Hat from and this NM is only popped from getting the 5 Eyes from different eyes in Sea Serpent Grotto (2), Den of Rancor (1), King Kanaper's Tomb (1), Ifrit's Cauldron (1). Even after gathering the eyes you need to have a Alchemist with 70+ (I think 70+ skill) to synthesis it into a Cluster, which you then trade to a ??? in Den of Rancor to pop. If I remeber correctly. . . I doubt gilsellers will even be able to do this (at least for some time) because usually it takes an alliance plus 1 PT (Alliance for the NM and 1 PT for the adds). The NM also spams -ga spells and Hex Eye so. . . I don't think gilsellers are ready for it yet (as in the don't have the skills nor equipment to tank and handle the NM, even though it is a easy fight)

Oh and you don't have to wait for 10 mins to pop the NM, you can pop it one after the other, but most prefer to charge their WS for Spirits Within to take it down faster.

Comment

Heard this was fake but, unsure. Just throwing in some speculation into the mix.
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

. . . I don't think gilsellers are ready for it yet
                          Sadly gilsellers have organized ohat runs on Quetz before and been successful. Usually the gilsellers have to recruit others who are to interested in getting their own hat to care who they are helping. :sweat:
                          Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

New screenshot. Peacock Charm is a VERY HIGH (even 100%?) drop rate from Hakuhaku.
                            Attached Files
                            Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

The Haku one is fake, the Under Observation one is real.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s/img_0026.jpg

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Working...
                              X