X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:
    Archer Ring, Leaping Boots, Emperor Hairpin, Peacock Charm
    In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items.

-SE Development Team

That's just mean's that you are able to wear like for example Leaping Boots, when hunting Leaping Lizzy and be able to obtain the drop, is that true, cause I was told that they are becoming Rare/Ex's intead to stop the monopoly of the items...am I right, or is the other person right?? Thanks in advance.

Re: Question...

Why do you have to ask? Read the thing you quoted straight from the FFXI Development Team. Why would you belive someone else over the official announcement? If you just read it, it's in plain English.
    88.6+2 - Smithing
    60 - Cooking
    60 - Clothcraft
    60 - Leathercrafting
    60 - Woodworking
    54 - Goldsmithing
    40 - Bonecraft

Comment

say your wearing a pair of leaping boots, if you try hunting with them you wont get the boots because you have them on. There still "rare"/ex
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Divisortheory, you are a cock. Thanks Tipsy, all I'm asking is what is being changed, though neither of you's answered my question...Thank you.

Comment

I tend to think that's the way it's going to be, ffxiextreme, though I cannot say for certain.

(>o.o)> I *will* say that things are going to get very heated/interesting in Gustaberg in the next few days.... to say nothing of the howling that will occur in Ordelle's.

:D {fun} {excitement}
          ~ Eagleheart ~ Kujata
          | PLD 51 | WAR 30 | DRG 01 | SAM 10 |
          Smithing | 43.7 || Goldsmithing | 15.6
          San d'Oria, Rank Five
          LS: Heavensent / TheAncients
          Paladin AF:
          Coronet [X] Surcoat [X] Breeches [X]
          Gloves [X] Boots [O] Sword [O]
          (o.o)> There is a God, and he loves you more than you can know. ( ^^)

Comment

sigh. we don't know what is being changed yet. hold your horses, stop speculating stupid things and getting your panties in a bunch. we will know as soon as the update becomes available (/cheer Pebbles).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I'm not a cock, but it really does say it right there. It's from the development team. What more do you want?

****The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:****
              Archer Ring, Leaping Boots, Emperor Hairpin, Peacock Charm

(Read: Non Rare/Ex versions are still in the game)

****IN ADDITION****, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes

(Read: There are Rare/ex versions of the same item)

If you're wearing a Rare/Ex Leaping Boots and you obtain a pair of non Rare/Ex boots there's nothing wrong with that. Also keep in mind that since nobody has actually experienced this first hand yet, anybody who straight up answers your question came to that conclusion based solely on the text from the development team. Which you could have done yourself. It's just annoying answering this question 100 times and then seeing people continue to ask it, when the question is answered in the update details.
              Last edited by divisortheory; 07-18-2005, 01:15 PM.
              88.6+2 - Smithing
              60 - Cooking
              60 - Clothcraft
              60 - Leathercrafting
              60 - Woodworking
              54 - Goldsmithing
              40 - Bonecraft

Comment

Eagleheart, you rock, thank you for answering me. And, you at least think the same as me, you rock more. And neighbortaru, thank you too, though, calm down, I just don't like when people try to make me look like an asshole, when they are the asshole for being rude. *cough* divisortheory

Double Post Edited:
                Oh now I understand more...they are changing those items into Rare/Ex?? That sucks dude...I still got my LL Boots and my Emp Pin Thank you divisortheory, you rock too. =b
                Last edited by ffxiextreme; 07-18-2005, 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

alright, i'll try again.

Before Update - The only leaping boot that exists is not Ex and is dropped from Leaping Lizzy

After Update - Leaping Lizzy will drop Ex Leaping Boots, and non Ex Leaping Boots will be obtainable some other way

After Update - Leaping Boots obtained before the update will not be Ex

After Update - if you are wearing non Ex Leaping Boots and kill Leaping Lizzy, you can obtain a second pair of Leaping Boots. Then you will have in your inventory 2 pairs of boots. 1 pair which is Rare/Ex and 1 pair which is not.
                  88.6+2 - Smithing
                  60 - Cooking
                  60 - Clothcraft
                  60 - Leathercrafting
                  60 - Woodworking
                  54 - Goldsmithing
                  40 - Bonecraft

Comment

I highly doubt the new EX items will even be called "Leaping Boots." (Since that would mean 2 items of the same name.)
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Agreed, it says "with the same attributes" not that they are the same items, so that would mean they would be different (even though the stats are the same).
                      My guess:
                      The originals PC,LL,EP,AR will probably now be dropped in bc's and the new renamed items that are Rare/Ex will now be the only things dropped by the nm's.
                      Atleast I hope the nm's wont drop both kinds, that would just make them even more camped, now that you have even less of a chance to get something you can make money off of, there would be a lot more ppl camping and prices would sore even higher...though unless you were just loaded and didnt want to take the time to camp I dont see why anyone would bother buying them.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Ghey, why can't they just keep it the way it is...sigh... =/

Comment

Trying to curb all the gilsellers and general overcamping of various NM's I would suspect.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                          X