• Show
Clear All

Re: July 18th Patch Notes

no it means exactly the opposite
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Teffie
      Yes, but all the people who would be camping Lizzy and others will be 1-time people. They'll come till they get the EX/RARE Drop and never return. This way everyone can sort of have a "respect" for eachother because people would be camping because they NEED the Item, not becuase they WANT money.

Probably a Camp of 10 people 1 day, will be completely different people the next day.
      absolutely right on ^^ it will be like people camping for other rare/ex things currently in game ^^ like BQ ring etc, cept that you wont need pop items at all ^^
      ~Aquelia
      TaruPrime Powah!
      Chocobo Raising Diary: http://aquelia.waltzforariah.com

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
        "The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:
        Archer Ring, Leaping Boots, Emperor Hairpin, Peacock Charm
        In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items."

so you may get the real things you may not. so now season campers are basically going to pick up an move to another NM. another thing is look for the price of the emp pin an the leapin boots, an sniper rings to go tru the roof. stupid alternative
        That's not how I read it - the way I understand it is that Lizzie will now drop Hopping Boots(tm), an Ex version of old Leaping Boots; and that Leapings will be available some other way (I'm hoping quested or trigger spawn and not just making them BCNM loot).
        Author of POLUtils (with forums here).

Comment

Or, these items will drop more often. I doubt they'll change the monster they drop off of.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:
            In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items.

That's a godsend. I might want to level RNG now since I'd be able to get a peacock charm, leaping boots, and an emperor hairpin without all of hte botters. And...if they change the Emp Pin or somehting to rare/ex, all will be rare/ex from now on, not just the ones that drop from now on. This is to reduce ppl monopolizing off of campnig them.
            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles
              That's not how I read it - the way I understand it is that Lizzie will now drop Hopping Boots(tm), an Ex version of old Leaping Boots; and that Leapings will be available some other way (I'm hoping quested or trigger spawn and not just making them BCNM loot).
              the wording " in addition players may receive" is what makes me think it will be one or the other, an possibly neither. but if it is going to be like how you say it will be. you gotta be kidding yourself if your gonna camp here for 4+ hours to fight a mob who drops nothing. an then keep doing it til you get it?

" yay to nomore gil sellers in ordelles cave"??? that just means they are monopalizing someplace else more.. we didnt win anything with that one.

Double Post Edited:
              Originally posted by Rodin
              In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items.

That's a godsend. I might want to level RNG now since I'd be able to get a peacock charm, leaping boots, and an emperor hairpin without all of hte botters. And...if they change the Emp Pin or somehting to rare/ex, all will be rare/ex from now on, not just the ones that drop from now on. This is to reduce ppl monopolizing off of campnig them.
              you thought camping for 4 hours was torture when it didnt drop an item you can sell. how do you think its gonna feel when you spend that much time on a mob an it drops nothing.

ohh how the M"F'ers are gonna fly
              Last edited by little ninja; 07-18-2005, 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

lots ppl thinking woot ex items i think ill go camp now. and so is everyone else on the server. the camps wont get less crowded. it will take a long time for say 500 ppl to get ex charm etc. argus spawns once a day, and doesnt drop everytime...not too hard to figure out^^.
                Welcome to Bakanarok!

BRD 75, RDM 69, SMN 61, WHM 38, BLM 37, DRK 37

Comment

Originally posted by crazyasian88
                  lots ppl thinking woot ex items i think ill go camp now. and so is everyone else on the server. the camps wont get less crowded. it will take a long time for say 500 ppl to get ex charm etc. argus spawns once a day, and doesnt drop everytime...not too hard to figure out^^.
                  bingo!

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Which is why they have most likely made it so that Argus will drop more, maybe even much more. To make the monster drop an EX version of its item some times, but not increase the drop rate is very illogical. In addition, if they were not adjusting the drop rate, they would not have said "The way [insert item name] is acquired has been adjusted," they would have merely said "When trying to obtain [insert item name], a player may receive a RARE/EX item with the same attributes."

It seems more like a move to lower prices than one to fill camps even more and piss people off.
                    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                    Currently Playing:
                    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

But once they get the item, it's over. No more returning to camp unless they're helping a friend get it too. Sure, the first few days these camps will be packed, but hopefully it will dissipate over time. Hopefully....
                      75 Bst / 75 Whm / 75 Brd / 75 RNG/ 70 Mnk
                      Livejournal: xythalia.livejournal.com

Comment

didnt wana quote this...in addition, players MAY recieve..not will. :E

btw taken from SE site.
                        Welcome to Bakanarok!

Comment

didnt wana quote this...in addition, players MAY recieve..not will. :E

btw taken from SE site.
                          When you foght the leaping lizzy, you MAY have recieved the leaping boots. Now you MAY recieve a rare/ex item. It's the same principle really.
                          Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                          90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

thats where i was trying to get _(__)_. jus tryin to say..jus cuz its rare/ex doesnt mean drop rate will be higher..

btw how do i get rid of all the space under my signatureD:?
                            Welcome to Bakanarok!

Comment

Originally posted by Teffie
                              Yes, but all the people who would be camping Lizzy and others will be 1-time people. They'll come till they get the EX/RARE Drop and never return. This way everyone can sort of have a "respect" for eachother because people would be camping because they NEED the Item, not becuase they WANT money.

Probably a Camp of 10 people 1 day, will be completely different people the next day.

Couldnt agree with you more on this issue.
                              On Ramuh I dont see people camping Lizzy as much now anyway. And soon expect that number to be less.
                              It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                              それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                              Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                              A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

i wonder how long itll take [players to find new mobs that drop the peacock charm/archer ring/leaping boots/ emp pin. or since the way to get them are "changed" whats the possibilty all 4 are now Bcnm/Enm drops?

Comment

Working...
                                X