This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do u use dial up for ff11?

i was wonderin if u use dial up for ff11 what your connection speed is to see if i can play
    43 Rdm / 31 War / 25 Pld / 22 Thf / 22 Blm / 18 Smn
    All my lvled jobs not alot but atleast i can lvl rdm fast

Re: Do u use dial up for ff11?

Lots of people I know use dial-up and it plays fine.

Comment

I used Dial up in beta. Nothing too different than it is now with Cable.

Comment

I use Dialup when im at home for the summer. The differnce isn't that noticable, unless you are doing things suck as Stuning.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

I used to use dial-up (56k), and it's no big deal at all except for downloading patch updates, they suck. One might have problems with things like voke spam NM camping such as Spook, but you'll still win those too, just might take a bit longer.

fk yes

Comment

I used to use dial-up and now use DSL. The only noticable differance is in download speed for patches...take 3-10 times longer on dial-up. Also cant use any extrernal programs that use bandwidth like BT while playing FFXI on dialup
            Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

About the only thing I would be concerned about with dial-up is being in a congested area. Like I could not imagine doing Dynamis on dial-up. Has anyone?
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I've seen ppl use 56k in dynamis because their cable or dsl was out at the time and they hated it. I think they said it was bearable, but they lagged horribly.

Basically I think the conclusion is the 56k is ok for exping (in low to moderately crowded areas). If you like to hang out in lower jeuno, or plan to do dynamis or hnm then 56k is a real pain and should be avoided if possible. But, if you have no choice then there are steps you can take to make sure you get the best performance possible (like closing browsers and making sure you don't stream audio and whatnot during dynamis, etc.)

Title: Sergeant Major
                SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

I used to use dial-up (56k) at one time, but now I share an ADSL connection (the equivalent of the american type DSL connection) with my brother.

I found the dial-up connection at a disadvantage because of the phone line getting tied up with the use of the internet, and when friends or relatives wanted to call, they couldn't get through for obvious reasons.

Also, I don't know if this happens for anyone else on dial-up, but for me, when I used to have it, all connections to the internet would automatically get cut off at 12:00am midnight, and then you were able to use it again at 9am every day. (until midnight)
                  I use the internet quite a lot until around 2 or 3am, and if I still had the use of dial-up now, especially since I started playing FFXl, (I made a couple of friends in the game who are on a different time zone, thus my midnight is still their early evening, and I would really miss staying up to hang around with them on a dial-up connection) this would be rather annoying, and would get in the way.

I'm rather glad I have more free time for ADSL now, even though it still slows down sometimes, and not allowing me to log into FFXl.
                  So this is where I have to restart the router at every slow down rate.
                  :cool_shad
                  (\ /)
                  ( . .)
                  C('')('')

Comment

dial up on 56k was always fine for me....just had to gimp every setting, turn to complete lego mode for it
                    Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Originally posted by ClydeArrowny
                      dial up on 56k was always fine for me....just had to gimp every setting, turn to complete lego mode for it
                      Don't forget robot setting.. err animation framerate setting.

Comment

i used isdn for over a year and never had any problems with it >.>
                        less dcs and about 50-80ms lower pings with isdn compared to my dsl now -_-
                        only patching the game sucked XD
                        and i never gimped any settings....

LiveJournal

Comment

There are two types of lag associated with large groups of people.

Video (System Performance)
                          Can be partially remedied by decreasing system specs.

and

Net (Slow Internet Connection Speed/Packet Loss etc...)
                          Can be partially remedied by getting a better or more reliable connection.

Comment

I was quite surprised after recently changing from DSL to dial-up. I expected the worse but I actually havent noticed any difference at all. Even with DSL I lagged in lower Jeuno. I was really surprised that for some reason I am zoning faster than most the others I am with which doesnt make sense.
                            To die by the sword...hurts like hell!

Comment

zoning faster? That is weird.

Title: Sergeant Major
                              SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                              Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                              Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                              Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Working...
                              X