X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interestin feature on gilfamers

Originally posted by Shiro_Hayate
    Actually, World of Warcraft fixed many of the equipment problems. Many many (almost all) good high level weapons, even low level weapons, bind to you when picked up. In other words once you pick it up you cannot trade them. Also, most people don't even buy gold because it's not that hard to obtain gold. But then, when things are so easy....the game gets boring fast.

Also, the best items involve you reaching the highest rank on the PvP ladder and they cannot be sold either. I don't know if Blizzard was a genius or not, but this solved a lot of the gilfarmer problems that we have here.
    There's more then one way to make real money out of a game. Say a hired assissnation of a player, or hired players for other various tasks. Even getting a group good enough to defend off an area to were you can only get through if you've paid for it.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

WoW choose an extreme path where money has almost no value and no point to buy them. It solve gilbuying problem but I don't think we'll be too happy if FFXI goes the same path heh.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
        There's more then one way to make real money out of a game. Say a hired assissnation of a player, or hired players for other various tasks. Even getting a group good enough to defend off an area to were you can only get through if you've paid for it.
        That requires the paid players to actually have knowledge of the game =P Believe me that will never happen in these games. In order for players to be successful in defending, PvP, or assaulting in Battlegrounds they must have made mistakes at one point and it takes time to learn from those mistakes. It's either that, or players will start becoming "trained" like the military and if it ever gets to that point I'm not touching games anymore.

Besides, Lineage 2 adena farmers attempted to do something of what you said (holding off an area, not letting people pass through unless they payed adena/life cash via paypal). Guess what happened, hundreds of people rushed in to kill the farmers including myself.

Comment

WoW choose an extreme path where money has almost no value and no point to buy them. It solve gilbuying problem but I don't think we'll be too happy if FFXI goes the same path heh.
          Yea WoW solves the Gil/gold problem to a certain extent.

But if you read into the article, WoW RMT is hot right now. This could be because of the Bigger player base, the easy of farming, or something else.

Which puts into question, that our way of thinking is still a little off from the masses.

I didn't expect lineage2 to be so high on gilfarmers either.

It also stiffles the economy, but you can't have it both ways.
          Last edited by kuu; 07-09-2005, 06:51 AM.

Comment

"He says once someone even traded him a wedding ring worth $2,000 for WOW gold. " WOW
            In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
            And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
            Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
            Yeah, It’s true.
            It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Why would you buy gil for a single player game ;p?

Gil sellers are pretty annoying, but I guess the first step to take them out is reporting the chinese fishing bots. SE is apparently cracking down.

Comment

I think that going after the sellers is a bad idea in anything you are trying to limit. Sellers make money by selling their gil, so they'll do whatever it takes as long as it's still profitable to continue. They'll get new accounts, PL them up, whatever. On the other hand, a buyer who has gotten their account banned has lost their character, everything they earned, and the gil and money they put into buying the gil. If there's a pretty high chance of getting caught when you try to buy gil, people will stop buying. It's too dangerous to risk getting banned for the average buyer. Knock out the supply of buyers, selling ceases to be profitable, and selling stops.
                Koyasha, Paladin, Red Mage, White Mage...
                Future Grandmaster Everything,
                Twilight Star of Isil`Elenuial

Comment

chinese fishing bots
                  I am sure not only chinese people fish with bots...=/

Comment

I had an idea before, but I think people thought it was too tough on everybody. If SE set up their own gil selling accounts and advertised on all the popular websites they could undercut the real gil sellers while catching gil buyers. It's a win/win/lose situation. They may be wiping out certain players, but all the hardcore players would agree with it. They would also need to wipe all AH records as an added bonus to mix things up a bit.

Double Post Edited:
                    Originally posted by Jei
                    Money has all the value in the world in WoW. You need it to buy mounts, and any equipment worth using. Equipment from quests are usually cheap knockoffs an most of the time are rarely used. Bind on pick-up equipment always has a better counter-part somewhere but can be helpful. Since you could literraly go through the game without armor no problem there's no elitest attitudes like in FFXI. If WoW was elitiest everybody would want the best equipment and thus skyrocket prices for it.
                    Last edited by Impaction; 07-09-2005, 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                      Money has all the value in the world in WoW. You need it to buy mounts, and any equipment worth using. Equipment from quests are usually cheap knockoffs an most of the time are rarely used. Bind on pick-up equipment always has a better counter-part somewhere but can be helpful. Since you could literraly go through the game without armor no problem there's no elitest attitudes like in FFXI. If WoW was elitiest everybody would want the best equipment and thus skyrocket prices for it.
                      That's called endgame. Elitiest can be considered worse endgame WoW for some people. Soloing doesn't require much, but when you get stepped on in PvP or like and add insult to injury... Of course most of those are not sold for gold. But There is just as much teasing, showing off, and cheating to get them.

Who do you hate more, someone who has a peakcock from gilbuying and shows off, or someone who got an osode and left the LS right after and shows off? Sometimes they are two sides of the same coin.

Comment

I still say fuck the gil sellers.
                        RDM75| DRG75

Comment

Working...
                        X