• Show
Clear All

• Nation

Just wanted to know what nation everyone thinks is the best to start out in
    san, d oria
    bastok
    windurst

Re: Nation

I started in bastok, and i started well in it.
    But i noticed one, important point.
    IN windurst, or better, in sarutabaruta, there are more monsters than ronfaure and gustaberg. Just for make you an example, i can make 10.000 in a day by farming in sarutabaruta. But still i felt good in gustaberg.
    Signature, ah!

Comment

Thre are actually benefits from all city's that coincide with what race and what job you want to be. Also, if you plan to start a craft right away, you'll want to choose a city accordingly. Being Hume WAR like you are, your best bet would prolly have been Bastok, even if Windurst is better in every way =P

That's beside the point, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kildem
        I started in bastok, and i started well in it.
        But i noticed one, important point.
        IN windurst, or better, in sarutabaruta, there are more monsters than ronfaure and gustaberg. Just for make you an example, i can make 10.000 in a day by farming in sarutabaruta. But still i felt good in gustaberg.
        I disagree, although I do like the silk from crawlers near windurst.

I have farmed 6 or so jobs on Vomp hill in South Gustaberg and I HIGHLY recommend it. You can go from level 4ish all the way to 12 on the hill, then head to Valkurn Dunes.

I'm on all the time, if you need any help getting started (and no I don't mean 'give me gil' or 'powerlevel me'.

Comment

Originally posted by framerate
          I disagree, although I do like the silk from crawlers near windurst.

I have farmed 6 or so jobs on Vomp hill in South Gustaberg and I HIGHLY recommend it. You can go from level 4ish all the way to 12 on the hill, then head to Valkurn Dunes.
          I did id too since i am bastokan, what am i saying is that i found sarutabaruta the richest place for farm. And since we are all broke when we start, i reccomend windurst for farming. I get 10.000 gil from the enemies there, but not the same in gustaberg or ronfaure.
          Attached Files
          Signature, ah!

Comment

So changing home country from Windurst to San d'Oria wouldn't be a good idea for a Tarutaru RDM? I just returned to FFXI after being away for over a year and I noticed the other day while visiting San d'Oria that its more populated than Windurst. A friend of mine was offering to help me switch citizenship. I know I can use the Consulate to get a Signet casted on me but I'm wondering now after reading this thread if it would be a bad idea to do this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Protes
              So changing home country from Windurst to San d'Oria wouldn't be a good idea for a Tarutaru RDM? I just returned to FFXI after being away for over a year and I noticed the other day while visiting San d'Oria that its more populated than Windurst. A friend of mine was offering to help me switch citizenship. I know I can use the Consulate to get a Signet casted on me but I'm wondering now after reading this thread if it would be a bad idea to do this.

Thanks
              The nation you choose at the beginning of the game won't affect much of anything in the game at all.

These are really the only things that your nation will affect throughout the game (if I'm missing something, let me know):

1. Where you level
              This will only affect you the first time you play your character because once you do the chocobo quest at LV 20 you can travel to any nation without much of a problem.

2. Missions (stoyline)
              Each nation has its own storyline.

3. Conquest Points rewards
              All nations have their own conquest rewards. This isn't a big deal though, because you could always buy something with your conquest points, sell it to AH for gil, and then use that gil to buy the equipment you want.

Here are some links to the rewards for each nation:

San'dOria
              http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/list...ation=sandoria

Windurst
              http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/list...ation=windurst

Bastok
              http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/list...?nation=bastok

I wouldn't switch to San'dOria just because its more populated. You don't have to be a San'dOrian citizen to LV in it. You can grab signet for Windurst in Northern San'dOria.

IMO, it's just too much of a hassle. You should probably only switch if you have a friend you want to do the missions with or something important like that.
              "From the void all things are born.
              To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

if you want to exp very fast then bastok is the place. do to having mountains on both sides mobs are very close to one another. so you can basically see what mobs are where when your fighting. then around 6-8 you go on vomp hill an its the same thing. run around on a narrow path slaughtering things.

money wise bastoks mobs have nice drop returns. bee's drop bee chips that fetch around 20k, an beewax thats 60kish. so the money drops are there as well.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Thanks tomfin10 for the advice. The links to the rewards of the Nations is especially helpful.
                  Last edited by Protes; 04-06-2006, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X