This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy growth!! AHHH!!!!

Seems that every day, I see items grow in prices from 10k-2mil, this is becoming an outrage. I think that we as people who want to enjoy this game shouldnt be acting greedy just becuase we can buy gil and its no skin off your back for an extra 1mil or even 20k.This only gives people more of a reason to drive the prices higher and higher when they see people buying for more each day . I sent a POL message to SE with this complaint, knowing they dont control or cant interfear with the AH's at any cost, but many people i know have thought of some ideas that can help this problem ^_^, some one suggested NPC's to balance the buy/trade.

Post some ideas of how we can save FFXI and this horrible growth that should never happen again! ^_^
    All you need is courage in your heart and hope in your eyes." Koyu

Re: Economy growth!! AHHH!!!!

I think the thread that aegina made about how to solve this has alot of pretty good ideas in it. I know what you mean though. Less than 2 weeks ago Monster Signa was 800k, yesterday I checked it at 2mil.

Comment

I don't know if you people noticed but they changed money cap to 999mil.... -.- That's the worst thing they could do now ;/
      Gokulo
      ~~ Tarutaru~~
      |RDM75|WHM38|BLM38|SMN62|DRK37|NIN37|

Comment

It's the players that are driving up the economy. On some items, it's specific people that intentionally drive up the price to make more money and further drive up the price. And what does everyone else do? Pay the inflated price instead of saying, "hey, I can make due with the NQ version. I don't HAVE to get HQ".

Eh, oh well, no sense in twisting the knife. Greed will persist in both the sellers and the buyers, the only person's actions we have the power to control are our own, so please make what you feel is the right choice. You can't expect anything more.

Comment

Yeah I tried an experiment that lasted all of 3 days to lower prices on high dollar foods.
          I was .. I sold whitefish stew for 5k instead of 15k. Price stayed that way until i couldnt online 1 friggin night. next time i onlined they were 30k per .. wtf..
          baka haijin >.>
          It's Official Promathia Hates me....
          それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
          Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
          A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

My opinion on how SE can get control of the economy is and has always been (even before prices got completely insane):

When you list an item at the auction house, you should receive a message that states something like "You may list the {item} for a price ranging between XXX,XXX and XXX,XXX gil. For how much would you like to list this {item}?"

Yes, it would take a massive amount of work on SE's part to set an upper and lower price on EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the game. That's what they need to do though.

When I mentioned this idea to someone ingame that I was talking to about these insane prices, the knee-jerk response was "Well, people will still bazaar stuff for whatever they want." Well, yes, that's true. But the auction house controls pricing in XI and I think everybody knows that. The other option would be for SE to go ahead and implement something like this in bazaar pricing as well, but that would mean people would no longer be able to stick stuff in their bazaar for 999,999,999 gil to ensure that they don't put it in the mog house or throw it out by mistake.

The ability to buy high-end items from an NPC *sounds* like a great idea until you realize it's screwing over the crafters utterly. And while the knee-jerk reaction to *that* is "Screw em, they make enough money as it is" ...They took the time to raise a craft to that level and I think they should be allowed to make $$ off it now. The only fair way to implement the "buy high end items from an NPC" thing would be to CHANGE the item that the NPC is selling every day. One day he sells a scorpion harness for 5 million. The next day he has a vermillion cloak for 5 million. Day 3 he has a haubergeon for 2 million. Day 4, a peacock charm for 5 million. And so on and so forth so that no single crafting group is specifically "targeted" and no item comes around more often than once every couple weeks. The other good part about this thought is that it removes MASSIVE amounts of gil from the economy, something we desperately need.
            召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
            San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Admittedly the best player implemented solution to solve this player created problem is to active try to soak up as much gil from the market as we can. Individually we're limited to how much time we're on, how many items we can auction, how much we can possibly bazaar, etc etc, but as a group of sensible players we could then become the gilsink that's needed.

It means the economy will get much worse before it gets better. How does that work? We can follow the trend right now and jack prices, siphoning the circulating gil out of the economy, and yes that means we'd intentionally be increasing the inflation.

The second part is, "but won't that hurt us as we'll still have to buy stuff". Since we're becoming the "gil-sponges" we'll be able to afford stuff, but that's not the goal, the goal is for us to control spending sensibly. After we begin soaking up gil, we have to be responsible and not go on shopping sprees and blowing gil all willy-nilly on the AH or bazaars, that will bring us back to where we are today.

How do we use the gil sensibly? How do we still operate in this economy? When I need equipment, I'm going to bug LS crafters. That way I know the money is going to possibly another gil-sponge. When I need supplies for a synth, I farm for them. When I sell supplies to another LS gil-sponge, I sell at pre-inflation pricing. When I sell supplies on AH or bazaar, I sell at super-high-inflation pricing. An example would be petrified logs, the price on AH has gone up to 50k each, that's great more gil leaves the open market faster, but if a fellow LS gil-sponge needs them, I sell at pre-inflation price of 20k.

Sounds simplistic, yes, it does and it is. It'll take more than 5, 10, 20, or 100 people to pull this off. With a couple of hundred people comprised of HELM farmers and crafters, they can begin working to jack prices higher, monopolize parts of the market, siphoning gil. Meanwhile as this is at work they can still obtain items they need at relatively cheap pricing by trading amongst themselves.

Theoretically, the rate of purchasing at inflated prices will decrease, forcing the general market to lower it's pricing on items, deflating the market. But this only works if we each work together to refrain from re-introducing gil into the open-market as much as possibly and support each other in providing supplies and gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Gokulos
                I don't know if you people noticed but they changed money cap to 999mil.... -.- That's the worst thing they could do now ;/
                Its always been that high. And all this price raising is part of the econmy (like you said) growing. Gil buyers have alot to do with it also, but when things like SH go up in price and the market rises, those who farm their gil are being rewarded and those who are buying their gil are being screw'd over. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit
                  Its always been that high. And all this price raising is part of the econmy (like you said) growing. Gil buyers have alot to do with it also, but when things like SH go up in price and the market rises, those who farm their gil are being rewarded and those who are buying their gil are being screw'd over. Think about it.
                  Almost makes you feel sorry for the guy who droped all that money on 10mil gil to get that l33t gear, only to log in to find out the price went up 20mil.

Almost...

Comment

Klvino's idea of basically setting up a server wide cartel to control prices seems to make the most sense but the problem like he said is getting it all organized and then finding people trustworthy enough that won't abuse the system we are trying to set up. What it all comes down to is we have to make the Windurst Mafia!

Comment

/hang on to her precious amemit mantle +1, ochiudo's kote, leaping boots, emperor hairpin, brown belt, and a wide variety of items that used to be only 100k now cost over 2 mil

MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/growl, /snarl

Comment

the fix i want out of s-e is to make price caps on all items, and to make all items dropped from all nm's to be 100% drop as well as rare/ex (or just rare or just ex, depending on the item)

to be honest, i'm not sure if it would really fix the problem, but i think it would be enough of a temproary fix to make the game bearable again.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                        I live to entertain!

Comment

/hang on to her precious amemit mantle +1, ochiudo's kote, leaping boots, emperor hairpin, brown belt, and a wide variety of items that used to be only 100k now cost over 2 mil

MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/growl, /snarl
                          I thought you quit? Pass em over to a needy noob like me ^^

oh yeah, I GOT BARD WOOT!

Comment

I did pass them over, they belong to SilentLine's LS bank :D

Comment

Working...
                            X