• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to hire a powerleveler

title says all pm me ingame or on here to discuss further

also if this is not allowed please tell me and i will remove this topic

Thanks

Re: looking to hire a powerleveler

Depends what the "Hire award" is, if its real money then that is definately not allowed... besides being power levelled solo you do not learn the dynamics of party play you need for the later levels, its not worth it.

This game is tough for some people, but think of it as a challenge and the achievments you make along the way, power leveling is like sticking a cheat disk in for unlimited HP, you learn nothing other than to swing your weapon.

Comment

Jarre, I'm fairly sure he means the other meaning for power leveling, where you hand your character over to someone, they play on the character and speed levels them to whatever the level cap is in the game you're playing, and then they get paid. Which is also, very much against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
        Jarre, I'm fairly sure he means the other meaning for power leveling, where you hand your character over to someone, they play on the character and speed levels them to whatever the level cap is in the game you're playing, and then they get paid. Which is also, very much against the rules.
        Yeah...I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that on FFXI. Mainly because the person leveling the character will get paid and then say..."Hey I still have the password to this account." /hack /stolen /steal equips. I wish I would've been at home, I'd have made a "Safety Not Guaranteed" logo about it.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Yeah, I was suspicious of this topic from the moment I saw the word "hire" since what could a newcomer possibly hope to offer an intermediate or experienced player in terms of a reward? Even players still fairly new to the game would know there wasn't much to gain here.

Plus, seeking out PLs these days is really, really lame. We have Fields of Valor, Level Sync and such. I think the only PLs I even see happen anymore are from the ones with dual-boxed accounts. And if that's in a PT I'm in, I'm probably going to be out of that PT really fast since that never works out anyway.

Comment

Do you have a 75 job and know the proper mechanics of an EXP party?

If the answer to these are no, don't "hire" a PL. The last thing I want to see is people getting to 75 who have no idea how to play their job. We have enough of those already. >_>
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
              DThe last thing I want to see is people getting to 75 who have no idea how to play their job. We have enough of those already. >_>
              Guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by murphie View Post
                guilty.
                t.t
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Closing the topic.
                  If the OP isn't looking for some sort of actual money transaction to pay for his levelling and intends to pay with gil, then he can PM, explain his case and I'll consider it. Otherwise I'm considering this the end of it.

EDIT: Spoke with OP, was assured it was only for gil. Topic reopened, but I'll be keeping my eye on it.
                  Last edited by Caspian; 05-09-2009, 07:19 AM.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

hey guys yeah no RMT here

basically im fed up of not getting PTs in Dunes :/
                    ive sat there for AGES upon AGES waiting for a party

If you have any alternative leveling methods or areas please let me know, i am currently level 19 RDM

i was using Hiring a PL as a last resort and was advised by Caspian to seek alternative methods as its frowned upon and i understand why now.

So this is no longger a thread requesting a PL but more help to alternative leveling areas

Thanks

Comment

Solo Easy Prey mobs while abusing Field of Valor training regimes to score extra EXP every game day. Field Manual - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki Make sure you have an up-to-date sword and armor, a size 2 shield (the large wooden ones, not the smaller rounder metallic buckler types), Meat Jerky, and purchase the Refresh effect from the Training Manual. You can go after a DC mob if you have over 100 TP before you engage it so you can make the fight shorter (Fast Blade should be doing more damage for you than Burning Blade.) Don't bother enfeebling or nuking EPs, they shouldn't last very long or hurt you too much so that's MP better spent on Cures so you don't have to rest.

It's rather dull work but it's steady progress. Just mow down as many easy mobs as you can. Fields of Valor and EXP rings should help make it more bearable.

Comment

While I don't know any "oh, while I'm waiting for a party, I may as well solo here" spots for that level range specifically,

Campsitarus-- The guide to FFXI xp camps! ^^

. . . is a great resource to get a general idea of good party locations for certain level ranges. The best advice anybody can give, though, is to get out there and find out what works. There are even general guidelines that could be followed solo or in a party laid out in the Field Manuals across Vana'diel.

Field Manual - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Fulfilling their training regimes will not only get you the experience points you would have gotten normally from killing those mobs, but extra experience and even some gil as well. You also earn "tabs" that can be spent at these Manuals for various bonuses, like a one-hour long 1MP/tick Refresh. Note, however, that there is a detail that states that in order to complete the regimes and earn the bonus exp, gil, and tabs, you have to be able to get exp off the mobs in the first place (which I'm sure you were looking to do anyway), and these regimes may only be taken once per Vana'diel day.

Good luck, and happy leveling.

. . . One more thing before I go, though: you do have a support job ( "subjob" ) at this point, right? Because if you don't the very first thing you want to do, before everything else, is get one.
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                        Matthew 16:15

Comment

hey guys thanks for all your help :D
                          yeh i do have a sub job i leveled WHM to level 13 so im sorted til level 26

ill try these FoV ideas and see how they work :D

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                            . . . One more thing before I go, though: you do have a support job ( "subjob" ) at this point, right? Because if you don't the very first thing you want to do, before everything else, is get one.
                            And once you get the ability to have a SJ, Level it. I've seen alot of peeps running around lately as 18+Jobs with a level 1 subjob.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Tio be honest with empress ring active yu can still get 75-100 for gobs and higher teir quadav int eh highlands and 75 for sheep right up to lvl 19 gobs in general are lvl 14-16, once you hit 20 go to selbina get teh ferry accross to Burbimu and go to the outpost and fight hares and mandys for 4 levels, tough at teh start but with regen/refresh and food from FOV and the exp for the low level mobs your fighting you will level up ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X