Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there.

Hey all,

Firstly will introduce myself, my names Tom, im 19 and I live in England... and im new here!

Basically got a bit bored of WoW after playing it for around 2 and a half years and fancied a change so i decided to buy FFxi Online.

It seems this game isn't like WoW at all and im in need of some help . I tried finding some beginners guides but none was really any help to me and tbh, im not big on reading, basically i've been leveling a white mage and been leveling by killing bumblebees and such picking up their crystals and selling those on the AH to get me some cash to get new skills.

Anyways just wondering if anyone here is willing to help a noob to this game out, also looking for a leveling buddy since here it seems you need to group to level unlike WoW.

If you are willing to help and/or level with me. feel free to pm me ingame: Xeni

Also my playtimes at the moment can pretty much be all day ^^

- Tom

P.s. Have ventrilo and not afraid to talk! ^_~

Re: Hi there.

hey tom welcome to FFXI and FFXIO, i'm not on your server but if you have any questions i have be able to help you out ^^
    "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
    "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
    "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Hi Tom!

I'm also from Ragnarok, send me a tell anytime!

To send a tell (private message, same as Whisper in WoW), you type:

/t "Player" "Message"

without the quotes naturally

my ingame name is Rohlan, im from portugal, which means we're on same timezone which is awesome, not many GMT friends

so..

"/t Rohlan Help me out foo!" anytime you want :D

And welcome to FFXIonline.com! Glad you found us
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Highly recommend the OP try at least the first link.

p.s. Reading is good for you. Mostly.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Hey, thanks for all the fast replies guys;

To IfritnoItazura, thanks for getting me all that info man, hope it will help. I think part of my problem is where ive been playing WoW for so long and have a vast knowledge/experience with that game, it feels kinda wierd starting from the bottom again if you kinda get what I mean - like ive transferred from a game im pretty awesome at to a game where I don't have too much knowledge, anyways will try read the info you gave me, but the best way I learn is doing things.

So I guess if Rohlan points me in the right direction I wont have anything to worry about .

Thanks again ^_~

Comment

I can help you with the basics, you'll quickly learn the ins and outs.
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
            X