Penance Robe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penance Robe

If anyone has a Penance Robe they're willing to sell please contact me on here or in game or whatever. I am wanting it because I want free carbuncle w/out using a light/apollo staff and I don't do Limbus. (Or if anyone knows a better option please tell me. ^^)
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Penance Robe

I saw one in Rolanberry Fields Duty Free on Asura a few months ago for 56mil. Hope you've got gold lined pockets--Tier-0 HQ's of Veteran sub-skilled (Leather Primary, Cloth sub) synths are not easy or cheap to come by.

[EDIT: Add]

I would say your best shot at getting one of these is to acquire roughly 50-100 synths worth of materials for one and commission it from a 100+3, 60+1 Leather/Cloth master crafter.
    Last edited by Sabaron; 01-03-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Your best option is using Apollo Staff + Carby Mittens, & a YinYang Robe. The Penance robe is NOT worth it. Oh and don't forget the Evoker's Ring.
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
        Your best option is using Apollo Staff + Carby Mittens, & a YinYang Robe. The Penance robe is NOT worth it. Oh and don't forget the Evoker's Ring.
        That doesn't help me get free carbuncle w/out apollo/light staff (which was the whole purpose).

And if they are anywhere near 56m no way I can afford one...ugh....

I guess if it really is that much I'll just get a vermi instead (I can't get a Yinyang robe cuz I don't have the patience/time to sit out there all day waiting for ToD).
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm 42 right now after doing a 37-42 exp party for 7 hours. I started getting my gear so that i can go out and level and not have to come back to jeuno at all, soloing when im not in a pt, etc...
          I got the Austere Hat and Robe (hat 30k, Robe 100k), and when i checked for the gloves, the damned things are 400K!?! Because of the 250k Tarasque Skin, only obtained from a Tarasque in Ifrit's Cauldron, which is also an NM 72-75 Lizard, in which you have to kill placeholders in order to get an 'egg' (not sure of the name, just what i got from the very vague allakhazam forums), in which he still might not drop it.

Good luck with farming the matierals....it's next to impossible unless you can get a THF out there to kill him and hopefully get the drop.

I don't have carby mitts because, after dying 6 times trying to get my offering (still trying for this), i still can't get anyone to go out and try to farm up a Prelate's Key. And then after that the NM...whew...
          sigpic

Comment

Penance robe is 56m, vermy is what, like 5 m now? I'm sure you could afford the vermilion robe and Apollo staff.

Why do you not want the Apollo staff? All summoners have at least a couple of HQ staffs. You better get your ass in gear to get some of those staffs. Unless your whole purpose was to get Carby for free at level 50.
            Hacked on 9/9/09
            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I have all HQ staves.

I want to be able to have free carbuncle with Carbuncle's Pole out.

Obviously if Carbuncle's Pole is equipped, my Apollo's is not.

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinoe View Post
                i still can't get anyone to go out and try to farm up a Prelate's Key.
                Why dont you use the maguc agro tric at the door. Ive never farmed a key, i found that trying to get magic agro at the door is quicker than farming a key.

Comment

I thought that you needed the key regardless (in order to fight the NM). Someone told me that the door-aggro thing didn't work anymore...i just assumed they were right.

looks like i'll have to jump on my level 31 no-gear warrior and go play in front of that door for a while to get the offering. test out how the door works, then sit in jeuno and beg a bit ^^
                  sigpic

Comment

Shinoe i think you are misinformed. The offering you get from the temple of ugglepath(sp). To get to the temple where you can find the offering you go to Yhoater Jungle and zone into the Den of Rancorn. Than from there Hug right wall (dont forget sneak for those nasty puks) this will take you into the temple.

Now you need to check the doors. Beware because even at 75 you will get agro from the tonberries there. What i did was go with my NIN37 and used tonko and utsusemi to check and if i got agro i would zone.

Zone to den of Rnacorn at J-7

Than follow this path to get to the temple of Uggelepath

This will take you to L-9 in the temple. You can see where the offering spaws on this map.

The first doors arent that hard. Its the last 2 that are a bitch to get too.

Once you get your offering you need to get to the place where you can fight carby mitts NM. This where you need to go trough the door where i use the magic agro trick.

Good luck ^^

Comment

ahh, cool beans.
                      the images arent showing up, but thats because ffxi atlas is blocked at work. I'll have to check it out at home.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X