RMT on the move to sea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMT on the move to sea...

I know this has been done on othre servers, and now it has hit Rag. RMT are making their way through CoP missions... manaburned. I just read on another forum RMT have killed JoL and sold the earring for 80m.

Something seriously needs to be done about RMT there is more then f'ing ever...
    Attached Files
    WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Re: RMT on the move to sea...

No secret, they killed JoL on other servers already
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Mozzia [Community Planner]

Whether they are gilsellers or not, we cannot be sure; however, we are fully aware that there are groups of players that continuously camp the same NMs for long periods of time. We also do not believe that waiting like this for a monster to pop is against any of FINAL FANTASY XI's rules. It must be accepted that some people have more time to put into the game, therefore allowing them to reap the benefits of their perseverance.
      It won't get any better.

Comment

I can't see Sea being viable long term, given how long it takes to farm pop sets, how godawful the drop rate is... I suspect it is an experiment, though I may be proved wrong.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I feel sorry for the HNMLSes that farm in Sea...
          That area I can definitely see being an RMT zone due to the complaints about it.
          Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
          Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

Why would RMTers get to rank 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
              Why would RMTers get to rank 10?
              I would assume these are sold accounts. It might even be possible the names have been changed via (Delete Char > Rename-due-to-name-taken-upon-return)

While i know SE can't do much against gilsellers in the action of farming or camping an NM, i think there are other things that can be done.

As much as i hate to say it, /follow is a great tool for these gilsellers and should be taken out. I don't believe many of these gilsellers work in groups with others, as they would each get less money for the gil they sell if they have to split it. They resort to controlling multiple accounts and utilizing bots.

I've seen this at Sozu Rogberry camp. All on autofollow to the camp, then they all cast spells or do JAs at the exact same time to get the claim..... Convenient.

More and more i see these gilseller parties on /follow on their way to a camp. While i know some people just play this game with multiple chars like this, i think it would be more beneficial to hurt the gilsellers than hurt lazy players.

Comment

Taking out /follow wouldn't do a thing. All they'd have to do is lockon and auto run, it's the same as follow and they can't take out lockon without ruining the game, and I'd kill them if they took out auto run.

Comment

ya thats true, but automated action is the only way we can get these guys...
                  Remove lock-on when not engaged? not sure how that would affect mages tho... dunno if they even use lock-on or should for that matter.

Comment

It's going to be extremly extremly extremly hard to completely stop RMT, actually, probably close to impossable. No MMO in history has been able to stop it completely. Also this would hurt alot of people that like to play legitly. I actually have a pocket 75 WHM that I leveled myself on another account just for the purpose of power leveling my other character. It'd make this alot harder without /follow.

Comment

well, with the new changes with magic resistence, it will render them useless to blow through things with all blm.

but obviously, they'll find another way to do things sooner or later.
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

The new changes will only stop them from blowing up NMs. What's to stop them from getting 4-5 BLMs in a group, and power leveling two DDs?

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
                          The new changes will only stop them from blowing up NMs. What's to stop them from getting 4-5 BLMs in a group, and power leveling two DDs?
                          Autofollow ^.~

Cuz i'm sure they'll be pissed when they have to get 6 different gilseller buddies to split that cash when each has to control a char. There are not as many gilsellers are there are gilseller chars.

Comment

They are all Bastok Rank 10...I think they may have done all the missions together and gotten Rank 10...

Comment

here's an interesting article about "gold farming" in MMOs in general.
                              saw it first on www.digg.com
                              http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...l/15066711.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X