This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More problems..

Why is it me always having problems? Lastnight I was on my way to Jueno when I had just got out of Jugner forest and into rollanberry fields.. I got dced. which is normal for Phoenix cause it happens every so often. I tried to reconnect but it wouldnt let me and saying my DHCP server wasn't responding.. I'm like "Maybe it's the game.. I'll go to bed and try it tomorrow." Same problem still..

I grabbed another game and tested to see if I could connect. Well no such luck.. I don't know if the game screwed my router up or my router screwed up. No one messed with anything considering it was around 2 am and everyone was in bed except me.. It's probly my router but I don't know..

Just incase.. We're using SBC DSL, Linksys wireless router-B, wireless router-B gameing adapter, and we have it set to PPPoE.. Which it was set to and was working for the passed 2 weeks just fine off of. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.
    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle,but by the size of his heart.

LEEEEROOOOY!!!

Re: More problems..

you can go to www.dslreports.com and do a speed test and theyll tell you if everything is ok or not.
    Another good site is www.pcpitstop.com

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

probably your router... wireless routers always give me problems with games like ffxi

Originally posted by SevIfrit
      we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Probly.. But I checked the DHCP stuff. We never configured it.. We didn't have to last time.. This shite really pisses me off..
        A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle,but by the size of his heart.

LEEEEROOOOY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpanther
          Why is it me always having problems? Lastnight I was on my way to Jueno when I had just got out of Jugner forest and into rollanberry fields.. I got dced. which is normal for Phoenix cause it happens every so often. I tried to reconnect but it wouldnt let me and saying my DHCP server wasn't responding.. I'm like "Maybe it's the game.. I'll go to bed and try it tomorrow." Same problem still..

I grabbed another game and tested to see if I could connect. Well no such luck.. I don't know if the game screwed my router up or my router screwed up. No one messed with anything considering it was around 2 am and everyone was in bed except me.. It's probly my router but I don't know..

Just incase.. We're using SBC DSL, Linksys wireless router-B, wireless router-B gameing adapter, and we have it set to PPPoE.. Which it was set to and was working for the passed 2 weeks just fine off of. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.
          i dont know about your areas sbc dsl. but in my area i needed to get there router. after that it worked fine. i suggest connecting straight to the modem an seing if you fire up. if thats the case. contact sbc tech department. on my other computer my linksys went out as well. disconnected it an went right to the modem an it worked. linksys = crap in my op.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Well I dont want to have to be in the same room as my computer.. It's all the way across my house ina hot room with no ac.. Unless you hooked it straighjt with the router then went back to whgat you were doing.. But i guess ill give it a try...

LEEEEROOOOY!!!

Comment

well first thing you should have done was to figure out if it was isp, or router. since i have a worthless linksys. my bet says it went poopy on you. i dont know if it goes poopy. but mine worked for around 6 months before it went crap on me. i tried reseting it to factory setting an nothing. odd how it worked fine, an then oneday it stopped, an its not like i changed anything with the router or modem.

as i was saying earlier i know my g/f bought a router for her sbc. when we couldnt get it to work. she called an found out she needed a router they provided. we hooked the one they sent us up. an its worked fine for over a yr.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

And you happen to play with router during thunderstorms...or any storms for that matter, It'll really mess up your router. After dc'ing and not being able to connect to FFXI or the internet Time Warner suggested not using our router=Problem Fixed. Even If you play on Ps2 the same problem will happen.
                → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                ∧____∧
                (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

Hey! Careful with the disess on Linksys. They are owned by the industries leading in network technologies (Cisco Systems), Cisco upgraded it a lot from the old Linksys before they bought it. If you are using 802.11b version then you are using the one before Cisco and well it has some quality features in it but not as good as Cisco are. If you have the 802.11g version then you are getting Cisco improved version and it is very nice.

Anyways with any network router/switch you absolutly want to make sure they are on a UPS with a surge equalizer (Think that's what it was called) if you want it to have a good long life (Life span of at least 14 years). Routers/Switches can be ruined real easily by static electiricty, low surge, and high surge.

When they get messed up the first problems to occure is the Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) not activating right. This is consistent regardless of what router you have. An attempt fix is to clear the circuits of all energy, to do this unplug it from the outlet and leave unplugged for a minimum of 45 sec. do for 1 min. to be safe.

Now before plugging back in remove all Cat-5 connections, plug it back in, then plug the Cat-5 connections back in starting with the one to the cable modem. This should allow it to get a clean start with it's DHCP tables and should kick right in just fine. If you plug it back in and notice the power LCD to be flickering rapidly then the router was destroyed by a surge or some other extra energy, if that's the case well you're screwed it'll have to be replaced.

If you wonder why I take offense to the diss, it's because I'm Cisco Certified. That test isn't easy and I don't really appreciate 4 years of effort (2 for CCNA, 2 more for the other specifics, and even more if I progress higher) to be tossed around in such a casual manner.

To further add, some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) do actually proprietaries their internet access in which only their routers with the qualifying Media Access Control (MAC) Addresses will work. No substitution, well unless you know how to clone the MAC address, but still need one that works in the first place.
                  Last edited by Macht; 09-19-2005, 04:08 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

lol sorry about that macht. i have the older version. so when i say its crappy. i am referring to the old version. i dont know what happen, but i prob had a serge when i wasnt home. but oddly i can remember being on game the whole day before it went poopy.

i did try everything possible to get it up an runing. unplugging it. resettting it. an making sure they were they were using the same isp. notta =(

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                      lol sorry about that macht. i have the older version. so when i say its crappy. i am referring to the old version. i dont know what happen, but i prob had a serge when i wasnt home. but oddly i can remember being on game the whole day before it went poopy.

i did try everything possible to get it up an runing. unplugging it. resettting it. an making sure they were they were using the same isp. notta =(
                      Well if you are assigning the IP addresses then the DHCP is not needed. DHCP is the protocol to give any connecting device an IP address automatically, then that device is populated onto the DHCP table so when another system needs to find the router knows were it is. DHCP is only needed for Dynamic Networks, Static Networks you might as well disable that because it'll just interfere then.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

well after it went out, an factory setting it, an unplugging it didnt work. i went with its poster of steps to fix it. an i think thats something it told me to do. i dont remember due to it being 6 motnhs or so ago. i could be off.

Comment

Working...
                        X