This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to help me out?

I just started the game, and I'm a little confused as what to do in the game. I've talk to some NPC about a mission, and I accepted it, yet what now? i don't even know how to fight or where anything is. I think I started in Wind-something or other...

Is there some sort of new player tutorial that will at least show me the basics?

If there isn't, coud anyone lend some time Saturday (the 20th of Aug) to spare a few tips on how to get going.

I come from playing SWG, WoW, and EQ2, and I thought I'd give this a try. So far, I'm appauled by the graphics (they look really bad on my system...), yet I don't want to leave the game based on that. I'm looking for a game which will take me a while to complete the first level up to the top.

Thanks for any advice

Re: Anyone want to help me out?

ive been playing this game since 04 and just recently came back with my same character. when i first started macros and skill caps were a mystery to me lol ur in for a long journey cuz the game takes patience and time. and on top of that it sounds like u started in Windurst which is pretty hard to navigate around (thats just my opinion) I say windurst woods should be kinda like ur main place to do all ur business. you should get aquinted with AH (auction house) cuz thats where u make money and buy things (armor, items, scrolls etc) missions shouldnt be done yet at ur level get accustomed to how the game works, id say start some easy quests to get fame. Also go out of Windurst woods and fight near the gate (make sure to check monsters) then after u hit a decent level (close to 10) start ur first mish alone. later missions are gonna require groups so once u hit lvl 10 start partying with people and make some friends to help ya out. if ur really need further help try to find an LS (linkshell/clan) they help too. well id show u around if i was playing on Sat but i cant so i wish ya luck man ^_^
    Sotama The Rune Shield Paladin

Paladin/Warrior

Ex-member of the once greatest LS ever

Forsaken Dragons

Comment

Things in FFXI are less descriptive than in other games. In the cutscenes for a mission or quest, usually enough information is given to get you started, at for newbie quests/missions there's usually enough information to get the whole thing done.

I would recommend you to Allakhazam for help, but now that they've been bought out by IGE, I'd rather not support them. Somepage has some good info, or MysteryTour.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
      Image by Askannyi
      LoneGamer.net

Comment

http://www.ffxiclopedia.org has all the quest and mission info you need. You can use the mission and quest links right off of the main wiki page at FFXIclopedia, or you can type in the quest/mission name in the search box on your left. Good luck

Comment

You guys realize you're posting on a topic over a year old?

08-19-2005, 09:27 PM

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire View Post
            You guys realize you're posting on a topic over a year old?
            Doh!

Comment

Yay! a thread to kill.

Since the topic from OP is old and definatly expired by now.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
              X