This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Races on Phoenix

I am excited about getting my Chocobo license and was racing people for fun =^_^=

I was wondering how many people would be interested in getting together for an organized Chocobo race...

I was thinking something like 1000gil to enter plus the cost of renting Chocobo's

the race would start in Bastok and in in Windurst via the great Jeuno bridge

winner gets 55%
    2nd place gets 25%
    3rd place gets 10%

The remaining 10% would be split between the judges,
    since they would just have to stand around in Bastok and Windurst

So who would be interested in such a venture???

we would also need 2 or 3 people to volunteer as judges. 1 for Bastok to start the race, maybe 1 for the great Jeuno bridge to make sure everyone passes by the midway point, and lastly the judge in Windurst to call the winner.

and then there is always betting :p
    "curiouser and curioser"
    ~alice

i'm down to help, or even race..

does the choco equipment make you ride faster, or just longer?
    Ashmaker Gotblut - 0/34
    Orcish Barricader - 1/14
    Orcish Wallbreacher - 0/12
    Hundredscar Hajwaj - 0/3
    Thousandarm Deshglesh - 1/4
    Valkrum Emperor - 1/8
    Leaping Lizzy - 1/7
    Spook: 5/15
    Crypt Ghost: 2/10

Comment

wow someone's actually posting here. each piece just lets you ride a chocobo a little longer
      Ryuujin - Hume (account hacked thus deleted)
      l RDM-29 l WAR-16 l MNK-2 l BLM-2 l SAM-31 l BST-2 l RNG-1 l WHM-2 l THF-1 l SMN-7 l

------------------------------------------------

Ryuujin - Elvann (deleted)
      l WAR-30 l THF-15 l WHM-1 l RDM-1 l BLM-1 l MNK-1 l SAM-36 l BST-1 l RNG-1 l NIN-1 l DRK-1 l PLD-1 l

------------------------------------------------

Ryuujiin
      lWAR-18 l THF-1 l WHM-8 l RDM-1 l BLM-5 l MNK-9 l

Comment

You're going to need more judges then that. You need to make sure people don't teleport or Warp. Supposedly, someone could warp from bastok to jueno, and grab a chocobo from upper jueno, and still go through the bridge as you described it. Then teleport to Mea, and buy a choc there. Then go to windurst, and probably pull it off in 10 mins(yesterday I took a choc from Bastok to Jueno and took close to 20).

If you want my opinion, I would do it from San d'Oria -> the N Gustaberg bridge. That way you could do an easy photo finish by standing on the bridge. For this you would need 5 judges, one to start, one at Holla teleport, one at Dem teleport, one at Pashow->Konstadt entrance, and one at the bridge. The sandoria judge is there to call go. Essentially the two teleport judges stand and make sure no contestant buys a chocobo.

The Pashow/Konstadt person makes sure no contestand goes through that route. (Jueno->Bastok is shorter then Sandy->Bastok)

The the bridge guard simply needs to make sure that no contestant crosses the bridge from the bastok side. And also be ready with their screenshot ready for a photo finish.

If you make a 6th judge, he could be at the Bastok stable making sure no one rents one from there.

As far as rules:

1 - no one starts till whoever says,
        2 - you must be on a chocobo from start to finish(this makes warping/teleporting/dieing and home pointing/airship illegal.)
        3 - Judges decisions are final.

P.S, if you need a judge, ask me ->Seydlitz in game.

Comment

As an Official representative of the Vana'diel Chocobo Racing League... I wish to inform you that the server Pheonix does have a racing league already setup.

For official rules... goto Http://vcrl.onlineff.com

Feel free to use any courses and rules that you wish.
          ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

I found out the VCRL was on phoenix shortly after making this post... i have signed up in there forums but not heard anything yet.. as the official representative you need to get on the ball and organize some races... (sorry just a little happy to have a choco)

and as far as cheating is concerned. the best way to avoid it i can see is not more judges but the racers would all join a race party/alliance.. each of the three judges would be party leaders.. when on the same map as you you could see there position on the map.. when not in the same area you can just keep track of there location. so if someone suddenly went from north gustenberg to jeuno.. obviously a cheater...
            "curiouser and curioser"
            ~alice

Comment

Ok - first of all... The VCRL is not in charge of setting up races, the Server leader is. So whomever is running the races on your server needs to organize them. The only thing that the VCRL does is make sure that people are racing fair and there are no complications.

Second, to prevent cheating - we have 2 GMs currently on standby for the races. Thier names will not be said because if they are accused of beiny unfair, then the stability of the game's GMs trust is questioned so it is better not even mention their names.

Comment

so how do i find out who the leader is our server? i couldnt find any info on the vcrl website.. and the only updates in the forums are people signing up????
                "curiouser and curioser"
                ~alice

Comment

at the moment - our primary server has been down for repairs... more info will be added once the server is back online. Since we are currently running off of my own personal server as a backup... I am not able to update anything at the moment.

Our server should be back up on Saturday morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X