Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odin has had it! Less populated servers, place your bids for the masses!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odin has had it! Less populated servers, place your bids for the masses!

Admittedly, my source is Odin: If You Don’t Leave, I’ll MAKE You Leave Petfoodalpha.com, which has a bunch of negative things on it, with a quote I can only assume came from BG (arguably the most negative thing on the page).

BUT!

This being DiV, I feel it is our duty to take this in a more positive direction. Specifically, this thread is for you to post all the reasons why your/some other server is so great and why everyone should go there, and/or why everybody should GTFO/stay off of Odin. I'll start with my "advertisement" for Carbuncle:

New and veteran players alike! You want a dynamic atmosphere with slightly crazy characters that ensure that no two playtimes are ever the same? Then drop by the Carby! Particularly if you are wanting to escape the overcrowded problems of the Odin server, us Carbunclers (*tentative demonym) will be there waiting in the shadows . . . to glomp you in to the light!

Local celebrities:

Ascii - if you ever go through the Dunes, you're likely to hit Selbina, and if you do, you are just as likely to run in to this character. This Elvaan male is shrouded in mysteriousness, occasionally disappearing to apparently add more holiday items to his storage, but you will always see him faithfully wearing his Otoko Yukata, sitting ever vigilantly by Selbina's gates. He is rumored to be the "King of Selbina," and while his Bazaar stand is placed in quite a convenient place for the levels you'll be going there, a common criticism he receives is overpricing his items, so always remember to buy your food/items off the AH first, but should you forget, there's Ascii.

Chinchilla - co-host of the popular podcast Pet Food Alpha (to which I happened to provide a link at the top of this page . . . ), on which she aptly demonstrates the general craziness of Carbuncle. An avid endgamer, she knows well that no server is immune to the occasional drama, and can be quite blunt when stating facts or opinions. Still, don't be afraid to send her a friendly tell! Anybody brave enough to personally burn a bee earns a place on the epic list, for me at least. (I'm not the most comfortable person around bees at all.)

So, anybody else have anything about their server they'd like to share?
    Last edited by Yellow Mage; 12-18-2008, 03:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Re: Odin has had it! Less populated servers, place your bids for the masses!

Diabolos is a horrible cesspool of scum and villainy. Endgame drama got so bad that two of the larger shells up and server transferred at the beginning of the year. Yeah, don't come here....

You guys buyin' this? Seriously, we got rid of our drama queens, (mostly), don't need new ones.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

I heard the problem is Odin players are hiring illegal Lakshmi immigrants to do gardening and synthing for them.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Just for kicks and giggles...

Bahamut:
        Frequently on the high end of the economy (for as much as you're willing to trust it), plus one of the oldest servers in the game. This means it's ripe with Japanese and US players alike.

But, we have Cadmium, ever popular bazaar mule of Southern Sandy, sitting always in the way on the steps to the mog house. We're also home to Thefoodstore who hasn't been on in quite some time, admittedly. Plus, there's ME! And that's always a good thing to have on your server.
        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Heh, kind of sad when Bahamut of all places has to advertise.

Joking aside, thank you very much for your contribution King.
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Nothing positive to say about my server. My fond name for it is Midramasormr.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well Remora seems to be pretty free of the Drama - at least that's what I hear.

Dynamis isn't too farked up

Nyzul groups are always available

Whitegate is NOT crammed shoulder to shoulder....

Plenty of people at all levels throughout the zones....

Life is good on Remora!
              sigpic

(\ /)
              ( . . )
              C(")(")
              ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

SE, if you take me and put me on Titan (again) or some place like Pandy... I swear I'll come to Japan just to slash some tires.

Also, I find it funny LBR is thrown in the pot as a reason we're overpopulated. Yeah, we have a respectable amount of people in the LS, but as an LS we have a fair bit of turnover and its treated just like any other social LS most of the time. Some people collect the pearl just to beg for help on shit.

And I swear, I'm passing out a few pearls by myself per week, only to not see 50% of these people again.

I'd actually feel bad about our HNMLS scene getting split up because from what I understand, the majority of it is rather cordial toward one another. They'll actually share Ixion or a Grand by alternating dibs with other shells rather than fight like children over shit. We still have asshats in the endgame scene, but at least they're diluted in appearance amidst the overpopulation.

Comment

I used to be on Fenrir.

That's three awesome things about it right there.

Comment

Seems that a lot of people there have a problems using spell check, or just spelling in general.
                    And stay away from Diablos, it's mine. Rawr

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Endgame on Hades is entertaining ... get plenty of lulz out of the stupid shells that keep claiming kings and failing at killing them (hellz yeah wipe to Tia at 1% and raged Fafnirs!)

I think the overall population is ... weird. Lots of dipshits and idiots here, and a lot of people say that Hades is the worst server, and for good reason. Want people who really don't know their jobs? Come here. Of course, you'll look really good in comparison, so that's your choice, rofl. Also, newbie population is booming because lots of newbs and noobs alike on Hades.

However.

Hades is my home, and I wouldn't really want to consider going somewhere else. Quirky freaking place, it just wouldn't be the same on another server. Not sure how well outsiders would/do fit in, but well, Hades isn't horrible. Plenty of good Dynamis shells around, and oh. BRING CURRENCY IF YOU COME HERE, WE DON'T HAVE ANY.

Shells especially.

Seriously though, Hades isn't that bad ... I guess ... but don't come if you're retarded, we have enough retards already. XD
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Kujata seems ok now

Comment

Come to seraph!
                          Plenty of Dynamis and limbus shells; see here for details
                          People always looking for nyzul runs.
                          End game kings, really only 2 shells. 3 if you count just land hnms.
                          1st is Imfamous and biggest atm with worse reputation and wonder why people are in it
                          2nd is kind of laid back, knows their stuff, and always willing to take new members.
                          3rd been kind of diving down in rep and being a high source of drama
                          4th just split into 2 shells with bank stolen, yet again.

Theirs also a lot of sky shells, and sea shells. Basically no 1 shells for all high level activities here.
                          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I would advertise for Cerberus, but then I'd be doing people a disservice. Nothing there worth much.

I would advertise for Kujata, but I only recently got back, and need to reaquaint myself with the local scene to get a feel for what needs to be advertised.

Therefore, I advertise for the top two servers period, servers that none other can hold a candle to, two servers that are supreme and unchallengable in their awesomitude.

Can you guess which ones they are?

You can't handle this sheer amount of awesomitude! Don't even try!

Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-19-2008, 01:01 AM. Reason: Honestly, it doesn't matter. You're getting shifted whether you like it or not. At least pick one so you know where you're going, and GTFO of Odin!

Comment

Originally posted by OMGetc
                              Also, I find it funny LBR is thrown in the pot as a reason we're overpopulated. Yeah, we have a respectable amount of people in the LS, but as an LS we have a fair bit of turnover and its treated just like any other social LS most of the time. Some people collect the pearl just to beg for help on shit.
                              I love that some idiot on allah said this in passing and now everyone thinks your ls is the reason. Clearly is the JP population on our server that is overcrowded. The worst thing SE did was let people jump servers. We got so much crap from other worlds.
                              Thanks Kazuki.
                              Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Working...
                              X