Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Player Help and LS info

Hey guys,

I played for a month or so (casually) over a year ago but I quit because I was also playing WoW at the time and the guy I was playing with I had to kick out the the apt because he couldn't pay his rent.

I've decided to give the game another shot but have a slight problem.

I am currently a 18mnk, 14whm, 8blm. Before I quit I must have given everything I had to someone else because when I loged on I had no equipment, no items and no gil.

What's the best way to proceed from here? what is the best way to make some gil quick to replace the gear I've lost?

I was told that I should just go mnk and beat everything up in sight which is all fine and dandy but I don't really wana play monk. I wana get BLM to 15 so I can go WHM to 30 then pick up schollar and SMN to be sub-jobs for my WHM.

I tried killing some stuff as BLM but I had to recover every 2-3 mobs, I wish I could party with someone but i am afrade people will think I'm uber nub since I've got no gear.

Also: Are there any friendly LSs out there with lower level characters or who are leveling up new jobs who might be willing to take a new member?

See ya in game.

Re: Returning Player Help and LS info

I have everything you need right here:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...subjob-tp.html
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Suck it up, farm on Monk. You can't party naked, and you won't get very far soloing naked either.

SMN isn't a very good WHM sub. It offers very little. It gives higher max MP and Auto Refresh, but SCH's Sublimation, Light Arts, Dark Arts, and Stratagems are better overall. There's also Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward, but both are expensive, Earthen Ward is gimped when subbed and Aerial Armor is often wasted if your DDs are subbing /NIN. On the other hand, you're going to want BLM at 37 because of Sleepga, Erase, and Tractor.

Comment

Look at it like removing a bandage. You can keep trying to farm and solo on BLM, going ridiculously slowly and struggling for every piddly drop, taking forever to level and hoping that by the time you eventually scrape your way to 15, you have enough to afford continuing with WHM.

Or you can switch to MNK and go through mobs a hell of a lot more quickly, so you spend less time farming up a base level of gil to get you back on the road toward the gear and spells you need, and when you do get back to BLM, it doesn't take nearly as long to get through those seven levels.

Option two is almost certainly going to take less time overall. Keep in mind once you've farmed up a base level of gil, farming is no longer the only option; you can fish or HELM or play the AH, too.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Farming is farming, levelling is levelling ... sometimes you can do both at once, but it's not really something to count on, and you will ALWAYS need to farm (or something) to pay for gear and spells. Of course, on WHM you're going to have to spend mostly on spells, gear won't make a big difference for quite some time...

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            Earthen Ward,
            Don't get it subbed. It's like 40-something.

I find /SMN to be superior to /BLM because of the extra MP, and I haven't yet had a situation where I've needed to Sleepga anything on WHM. If I thought I would, I'd sub BLM, but hasn't happened yet.

SCH is clearly the superior subjob, of course, but I wouldn't say that SMN is a terrible sub. You have to know when to use each one.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I'm looking to join a social linkshell as well. Any thoughts?

My monk is 75 and he's anxious to do end game, lol!

I'm on the Leviathan server, rank 6 Bastok.
              |Please assist!|

Comment

Working...
              X