Christ I need a Break Either that or Divine Intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ I need a Break Either that or Divine Intervention

Title says it all.Last night as I was lfp /farming for ages and soloing I asked myself Why bother? after 2 brutal years of long breaks and college stuff I said feic this and turned the game off in sheer annoyance.

I've tried it all to spice up the game I changed jobs took a break from tanking
    Tried to do CoP BCNM NM Hunts Farming crafting guests
    I was so bored I actually PL'd n00bs...N00BS

As I type this I'm lfp with my White Mage for ~45 mins
    Does anyone know of anyway to make this game fun again? If so tell <me>

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
    To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Re: Christ I need a Break Either that or Divine Intervention

New Jobs. They open up all sorts of unique ideas. Pick up one, and take it as far as you're willing to go.

for example, I was originally a White Mage, as well. Took it as far as 66. After 3 wasted whm tests (I never saw Maat once, because PoL would crash as soon as I entered the battlefield), I quit for about 6 months. Got a new computer, fresh install, farmed another test, and now I'm 0/1 on Maat. I may have lost, but at least I saw him.

During that time before I left, I fell in love with PUP. So much that I wanted to level a different sub than WHM, but not necessarily enough to level MNK or WAR. So, I began leveling Bard to 37, to use as a sub. I never stopped leveling Bard, and now I'm 65, almost 66, and I'm planning on taking it to at least 70 (and the Maat fight at 67). From there, who knows.

However, I've found that, while I'm looking for a party, doing oddball quests, maybe even a mini-mission (like that 1-2, 2-2 or 3-2 that you probably skipped over) helps pass the time substantially. You could even pick up a craft. But most importantly, the best thing to do is to find something that gets your interest, pick a goal, and then go from there. Don't have a lot of free inventory space? Neither did I, up until yesterday. I took out as much stuff as I could from my Safe, Storage, and Locker, and used it. I had a number of low-level Chest keys (Maze, Nest, Citadel), and I used em. I had a number of other rare/ex consumables, like a Rusty key for a Windy quest. Did that entire quest line just to use up that item. From there, those items gave me other questions on what to do, and I did them.

All else fails, leave FFXI open with the tell sound on, and go watch TV or play a game on another computer.
    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
      New Jobs. They open up all sorts of unique ideas. Pick up one, and take it as far as you're willing to go.
      Originally posted by Kurb View Post
      I've tried it all to spice up the game I changed jobs...
      He tried that.

Kurb, I really don't know what else you can do. If you tried so many things already, maybe a break is what you need.

Oh, and by the way, I think you meant you PLed newbs, not noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurb View Post
        As I type this I'm lfp with my White Mage for ~45 mins
        Does anyone know of anyway to make this game fun again? If so tell <me>
        What was it that you found to be fun about this game to begin with?

If your answer is "leveling", then perhaps the solution is to try and put together a static party.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

No one can make the game fun for you. If you can't find doing something you like, quit. It's a game, if it's not entertaining you what's the point of continuing to pay for it?
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Hmmm lots of good suggestions here i like this static idea
            well thanks for the pointers lads

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
            To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

Working...
            X