undercutting or price drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undercutting or price drops?

Anyone notice that within the last 7-10 days a-lot of items are selling for around 1/2 of what they were selling for(at least in Bastok). Anyone have any insight into this, or is this just a trend.
    Lastly, any news on Chocobo racing or any gambling(it would be a good way of controlling gill, or making gill)
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: undercutting or price drops?

Not sure about whether its undercutting or dropping prices, but I noticed similar a similar thing in Sandy.

Melon pies (something I have been making for skill ups in cooking) are not worth trying to sell in stacks at this point because 1 pie sells for 1k and a stack for 2k?

That doesn't even cover cost of crystals and supplies. I just ended up sending to my RDM mule for use in parties. (Trying to get her to 20 for her choco license)
    The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

You have to check the amount on sale. If there's a lot then that usually means people are undercutting each other just to sell the item. When there's few you'll find more people overpricing.

Comment

It's probally my fault I've been lvl my cooking skill ..... to try and make some quick cash

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
        To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

No Kurb not your fault. Basic math tell me if 1 pie sells for 1k, then a stack of 12 should go for 12k! But its okay. Been focusing on chocobo raising lately. Working with my other half on developing racing stock.
          The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

I've seen this a little bit myself. One quick and easy source of gil is to fish some moat carps. In Jeuno, the price is usually around 4k/stack. Considering the gil needed to buy bait, and perhaps get a tele to Holla and then rent a bird to ride over to West Ron to fish in Knightwell, I'm looking at dropping about 3-4k (depending on how much bait I get and for how cheap). That means I need to sell at least 2 stacks of moats to cover the cost and make a ~small~ profit. However, the past weak I've seen the price drop consistently to 3k, and a few undercutting at 2.9k. Not worth it at all.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I was lvling cooking and had so much bait i decided the only sensible.(if that word exists in ff11)thing to do was to fish all the insect pastes away 5/6 stacks of paste gone 2.5 stacks of carp 17-20 misses and a lot of rusty stuff

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
              To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                I've seen this a little bit myself. One quick and easy source of gil is to fish some moat carps. In Jeuno, the price is usually around 4k/stack. Considering the gil needed to buy bait, and perhaps get a tele to Holla and then rent a bird to ride over to West Ron to fish in Knightwell, I'm looking at dropping about 3-4k (depending on how much bait I get and for how cheap). That means I need to sell at least 2 stacks of moats to cover the cost and make a ~small~ profit. However, the past weak I've seen the price drop consistently to 3k, and a few undercutting at 2.9k. Not worth it at all.
                At your level (assuming your profile is accurate), you can fish in Rolanberry for Moat Carp. The little pond at E-9 is good for moat carp (and from what I read, it's one of the better spots to go fishing for moat carp). That should at least save you the hassle and cost of trying to line up a Tele.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I forgot about the high level items(I was just looking at things like crystals and some weapons/armor). It also seems that certain items are selling for more in Bazzars (even though the same item can be found 5-10 steps away).(a good example of this is gush greens in Bastok--make $100 each as opposed to $64 at the chocobo stables). Lastly, it seems to me that the only time I care about the price dropping is when I am trying to make quick$(other than that I don't see a problem with the prices dropping somewhat-I mean isn't the point of the game to increase the overall abilities of your characture, and not to just make $---just a thought)
                  u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

Working...
                  X