I need help with a lot of things in the Fenrir Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a lot of things in the Fenrir Server

If anyone could help me out with leveling/items etc. I am having a hard time killing things, & just doing things in general... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Let me know ASAP
    Last edited by IM_ELeCTaBuzZ; 01-27-2009, 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: I need help with a lot of things in the Fenrir Server

You waited a whole 30 minutes for a reply before you posted again? This is a forum, not a live chat. People read and post here when it's convenient for them. For quite a few of us, that means while we're at work. Patience.

What exactly are you having problems with? It may be easier to get live advice and tutoring from someone who's right there, but we can supply no end of advice here anyway if you give us some idea what we're working with.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

can i haz free stuff plz!?!11?
      Cleverness - Hades
      75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
      DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

To the OP, could you please be more specific? What's your highest job level, and on which job? What specific items do you need help with? What weapon are you trying to kill the mobs with? Or maybe it is magic? I can't think of any more questions since I don't know what issues to address yet. Oh, what's your starting nation?
        Last edited by Solymir; 01-28-2009, 06:51 AM. Reason: Mispelled word
        "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
          You waited a whole 30 minutes for a reply before you posted again?
          OP's message was posted at around 2:00, I was sleep at that time lol.

OP make sure you check out FFXIclopedia which is a resource website that has alot of information on FFXI, and Final Fantasy XI Auction House - FFXIAH.com which keeps a log of the Auction House in Jeuno.

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
          To the OP, could you please be more specific? What's your highest job level, an on which job? What specific items do you need help with? What weapon are you trying to kill the mobs with? Or maybe it is magic? I can't think of any more questions since I don't know what issues to address yet. Oh, what's your starting nation?
          Hopefully he didn't do something dumb like I did when I first started. Apparently I started off as Warrior and didn't know I had that Onion Sword, so I just H2H'd everything until I realized it about 1-2 hours later.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
            Hopefully he didn't do something dumb like I did when I first started. Apparently I started off as Warrior and didn't know I had that Onion Sword, so I just H2H'd everything until I realized it about 1-2 hours later.
            Ditto. Except I was doing this as WHM. It was a while before I even found out how to bring the main menu up. And the first time I left Windurst was through the Port gate, when usually newbs fight outside the other two gates.
            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Ok, I seriously don't understand why you are having problems. I recently decided to level a job on one of my mules. The mule had 100 gil and no jobs leveled. So I was totally new just like you. I didn't even have the starter gear that you do, so I wore a santa hat and a body piece I got at the Easter event....no pants, no shoes, no weapon. I talked to npcs and did quests in town and got a few gilz that way. I went out and killed some bunnies, bats and worms with my fists because quest NPC's in Sandy take those for gil in repeat quests. When I had enough for a weapon I bought it and went out and easily leveled to 11. Between guessing the right combination and getting some items to sell and items for equips plus all the other drops from the mobs, I had enough to gear myself in basic stuff and go off to the Dunes for parties.

The game is SOOOOOOOOO much easier now for new players that I feel no sympathy for people that start. It's the old "back in my day" type of thing but I'm sure many people on this forum remember what it was like to level up back in the day and it sure wasn't pretty. Less exp from the mobs (and I only killed Easy Prey and Decent Challenge mobs), less drops from the mobs, no chests to be dropping, no exp rings, etc. all make for a hair pulling, smash the keyboard time. So suck it up and get out there and earn you way in the game just like most of us did when it was even harder to play.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I completely agree with TGM that the game is much easier now for new players than back in the day. But there will always be newbies, and some newbies will have some trouble finding their way in this new world. Most of the time they get frustrated, post what seems like an important question to them at the time, and then less than 24 hours later will have figured it out on their own. I bet when the OP comes back to this thread he/she will tell us they've over come those first obsticals.

One quick "when I started out" story. This is my first MMO, and the first month I played this game I was by myself just soloing in South/North Gustaberg. I never thought about doing a goolge search about the game. I had never heard of Allakadoesn'tmatter, Burning Ifrit, FFXIOnline or any of the other various FFXI sites that existed at the time. My wife watched me play, and I got her to try the free trial. Then for the next 2 months we duo'd everything together. We never asked others to join us, didn't even realize there was this whole idea of doing 6 man parties. We were both in our early 20's on our respective jobs, me on Rdm her on Blm, with no support jobs. The game had started to get a lot tougher, and was kinda frustrating. Finally one day we meet someone while we were hanging out in the Dunes and he explained the whole support job concept. That day, was a real eye opener. That was probably the real beginning of the rest of our Vanadiel lives. We started talking to others and learning more, and more. We soon got our support jobs, and learned how to play with others.

When a newbie comes in here and says they are having trouble, I always remember those first 3 months where I had no clue what the heck I was doing. I don't know if I have met or will ever meet another player that is more of a noob than I was then. Just the fact that those that come here and post in their first few hrs, days, weeks of playing puts them way ahead of the curve on me.

Edit: Just in case anyone is wondering why I don't have a 75 Rdm. I quit Rdm shortly after finding out how the party system works and being in a few. I decided I wanted to be a DD, went with War, and never looked back.
                "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

I don't mind new players asking for advice but it rubs me the wrong way when they want you to give them gil/items. It's NOT that hard to make a little cash when you are new. You don't need scads of it and you don't have to be pimped out. I started playing FFXI when it was JP onry and I didn't have any online help.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Stop making factual comments that I have to agree with.

Comment

Working...
                    X