Hey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey!

Well, Im a new player . . playing on Fenrir; I just leveled MNK to 10 and Im having a hard time finding parties in Valkrum Dunes, its been . . 3 days now? And all Ive done is solo'd now and again, but Im looking for someone who could maybe PL me a bit? And also people to jsut talk to cause it gets boring IG when you're just all alone . .
    /t Dokumori or add me on MSN @ shamus_36@hotmail.com

Re: Hey!

woh woh woh.... first off PLing is horrible, all it does is breed bad players. Your level 10 and just starting, PTs will come, but PLing wont help you learn your job, or how to manage hate, or all the other things you need to learn.

The game is fun and rewarding, but don't take the easy way out (aka PL)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Ive had about 14 chars dear, heh. And Ive been playin longer then youu.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerogin View Post
        Ive had about 14 chars dear, heh. And Ive been playin longer then youu.

I dout that........

oh and by the way, wrong section of the forums as well ;p
        Last edited by Kailea; 09-22-2007, 05:11 AM.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Ive been playin longer then youu.
          Well, Im a new player . .
          So either way, you're a liar.

Way to make a first impression.

Comment

Regardless. This belongs in your server forums, and it's unlikely that you'll find some random stranger willing to powerlevel you here.

If you can't get past level 10 without assistance, then you must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              So either way, you're a liar.

Way to make a first impression.
              Maybe OP means he's new on Fenrir? Seems like he's a bit lonely, and finding soloing slow and tedious, while parties impossible to form. Doesn't sound like the "I'm too lazy to make proper party so PL me!", yet.

He's been on Dreams forums since 2004, so not exactly a "first impression"...
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Well, it's a first impression for most of us.

If he's lonely, I'm sorry to hear it. He should make a post about that, and maybe some posters will offer suggestions for that problem.

Comment

You should solo with a DD job till 12 anyway.

Comment

To be honest, PLs are more important in the early levels than they used to be; the over-reliance on PLs has been encouraged by the supposedly-anti-RMT measures taken in key low-level XP areas, and a number of previously popular camps don't seem to be viable anymore without a high-level player to at least kill Goblin Bounty Hunter. Learning to avoid aggro is one thing, trying to cope with a high-level-for-the-area aggressive mob that moves at high speed and likes to do 360 degree turns just so they can aggro anyone within sight range is another entirely.

As someone who is often involved in static duos/trios this has been a point of some annoyance, as trying not to interfere with party XP means going to a less popular camp, and some of these have been hit too; the Korroloka Tunnel GBH's were added just as my SMN duo would have moved to the crab/pugil camp there. Camp is now uninhabitable since there's nowhere to hide from the GBH that spawns there (fortunately, we found a tolerable camp in Middle Delkfutt's Tower once gobs in Lower became unfeasible).

There is something to be said for a stronger code of ethics for people who end up babysitting parties so that they don't contribute so much to skill degradation at higher levels, but the expectation is out there and not entirely unjustified... It's true that coping with the factors that make camps ridiculously unfeasible is something more high-level players could do (imagine asking a WAR, MNK, or THF to PL. ) but if high-level help is needed, and a particular kind of high-level can also make the xp roll in faster on top of that, people are always going to try to get that extra help, and be annoyed when they don't.
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
                    X