Help With Sandy Mission 2-3 Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Sandy Mission 2-3 Please.

I don't think there is anyone at these forums from the Fenrir server, is there? Am I the only one? In this case, I may want to change to a different server, but I'm not sure which NPC to speak to ingame.
    Anyway, I've been longing to do mission 2-3 for Sandy "Journey Abroad" and nearly had some luck in doing this mission with someone from my LS a couple of days ago. But unfortunately for me, things took a turn for the worst and I got pushed away from doing it.
    I haven't been able to find anyone else to do this mission with me and there doesn't seem to be a lot helpful players on Fenrir.
    Is there anyone here who maybe helpful enough to offer to do this mission with me if I was to change to another server? I'll admit though that I haven't done a lot of asking around ingame and feel very shy to ask out for help. I don't know why, but I just kinda feel more at ease posting this on the FFXl forum than ingame. Maybe I should try put my mind to it though. would that be wise?
    I could have a go, but if I don't find anyone to help me, then like I said, would there be anyone here willing to help me with this mission please?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: Help With Sandy Mission 2-3 Please.

Don't use a threat that you will change to another server as a way of rallying people to help you. There are almost the SAME number of people in each server. You, apparently, just haven't found the right crowd (linkshell) to join yet. Just give it time....I went through about 5 seperate linkshells before I found "the one". Since I've been patient and played the waiting game, I'm a pearl sack holder of one of the best all-taru linkshells around: plenty of 75's around and a nice variety of jobs/levels.

Just give it time! If you can't find anyone here, just keep partying, and somebody will give you a linkshell that will better suit your needs.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Just an FYI you can't change servers at will unless you delete then re-create your character.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
        Just an FYI you can't change servers at will unless you delete then re-create your character.
        What he said.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

moving this to the fenrir forum, which is really where you should have asked if you need help in game.

Edit:
          done!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I never realised that I would have to delete my char if I changed servers. I presume this is common knowlege. How long has it been known for?
            I don't think I like the idea of deleting and starting over.
            It feels like a lifetime since I first started and have put quite a bit of work into what I have done already. If this is the case, then I will stick with Fenrir and try and have some patience instead. (even though it has been getting nowhere for ages)
            Hopefully I should get somewhere with this one day if I just stick with it.
            Speaking of servers.....
            When I first started, it was as though I got put on Fenrir automatically and didn't have a choice of which one I could start on. (I wonder how it works) I presume it's the same for every other player too, right? I think it would have been a nice idea if the game gave you an option at the start, letting you choose which server to start on, but I guess I just got used to being on Fenrir through the time I've spent there.
            (\ /)
            ( . .)
            C('')('')

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
              I never realised that I would have to delete my char if I changed servers. I presume this is common knowlege. How long has it been known for?
              I don't think I like the idea of deleting and starting over.
              It feels like a lifetime since I first started and have put quite a bit of work into what I have done already. If this is the case, then I will stick with Fenrir and try and have some patience instead. (even though it has been getting nowhere for ages)
              Hopefully I should get somewhere with this one day if I just stick with it.
              Speaking of servers.....
              When I first started, it was as though I got put on Fenrir automatically and didn't have a choice of which one I could start on. (I wonder how it works) I presume it's the same for every other player too, right? I think it would have been a nice idea if the game gave you an option at the start, letting you choose which server to start on, but I guess I just got used to being on Fenrir through the time I've spent there.
              That's pretty much the way it's always worked. Unless you have acquaintances on a server to get you a World Pass when you start, then the server selection is random. You can just keep deleting and re-creating your character in the beginning but that isn't a very feasible option. While it is a great system for population balance it definitely has its drawbacks.

There may have been a server migration offered before the NA launch, but beyond that the only one offered was around the time of CoP. At that time an established character/account could be transferred to either Hades or Remora depending on which server they started on. It was a one time move and could not be reversed.

Btw, just something I noticed, you have your font color set to red. That's great on the lighter colour schemes for FFXIOnline; but for individuals like myself who use the dark scheme, it makes your posts illegible unless we highlight them.

Comment

I'm from Fenrir, sadly I don't play too often anymore.

The best way to find people to do 2-3 with you is making a /sea and filter so it shows San d'Orian citizens rank 2, then send them a tell asking if they want to try fighting the BC (which I asume is what you need to get done).

I usually play after 8 PM central (if I play that is ) so if I'm online and you need help for the BC fight send me a tell, that fight is fairly easy and it's capped at lvl 25 so getting gear for it isn't difficult.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I like the 2-3 fight a lot. I actually did it for an old friend the other day. The irony is he was sort of my role model when I started playing and since then he's started over. So now I'm taking him through everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X