Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Player looking for a Server!!! (and linkshell :-) )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player looking for a Server!!! (and linkshell :-) )

I played back in 2004, got to 30rdm, 15blm, and then stopped playing. I've forgotten EVERYTHING about this game in terms of how to play it. My character has since been deleted, but I've always missed the game. I'm purchasing the Ultimate Abyssea version, and I'm trying to find out which server to join in order to have the greatest chance of meeting people (i.e. most populated). I'm a US player, but I play at weird times, so US-player heavy isn't vital, though more concerned about english speaking. Any help would be great, I'm holding off on creating a character until I have some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Re: New Player looking for a Server!!! (and linkshell :-) )

Eh if you ever come back, feel free to join Ragnarok. I have an LS I run personally, we're small but we do events and help out newer players.
    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Is this to anyone? I posted a post but got nothing on mine... I am playing on the 14 day trial just sorta buying time to see if I want to come back. This game is all about being with other people...

Thanks

Comment

Yeah. My LS is open to anyone who wishes to join. : )
        Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

I purchased it, am just holding off till I had a couple of responses :-) I do own the the ultimate abyssea edition now though

Comment

Congratulations! :] Like I said my LS is open to anyone!

Comment

If you're new I would suggest joining one of the linkshells that someone on this forum has. I'm on Valefor but to be honest, most of the players are deep in endgame and pretty established and self sufficient so getting help for anything can be highly frustrating ("Just solo it" tend to be the most frequent thing I get told when asking for help with farming AF3 seals for example) if you don't already massively outgear the content. Then there's also the Japanese playerbase on Valefor which tend to assume anyone not speaking Japanese is instantly American even if you speak in German, Spanish or Japanese. Speak in any other language and they will hate you. That's if they even respond to you at all.

Basically Valefor has turned into WoW. Sure there are nice people out there (I've met some awesome people in Valefor) but unless you can get a permanent group of friends you play with nearly daily don't expect to get much done unless you were already very well established and self sufficient.

Yyg, Cid, Hayde and Jarre were basically the only reason I logged into the game at all really but Cid's playing GW2, I haven't seen Jarre and Hayde in game for ages, and Yyg's work schedule means that I have to get lucky and be on just as he has some free time that he wants to spend ingame.
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

What FW said, I joined Valefor some months back. Didn't get much of anything done, it's hard as a new player to really get up top. But I've been there and I know the struggle and I don't stray from the path that the new players still walk. I'll help out as much as possible and my good friend Raydeus just moved to my server 10 seconds ago so we're about to embark on a good journey! So please, feel free to come to Ragnarok, I'll help out as much as possible.

Comment

I'd say come to Valefor but Fire hit the nail on the head. As much as I'd love to help out in any way possible, my work schedule keeps my play hours pretty scattered. Cerberus is another of the servers populated by members of this forum. Squiggs and Romyro are the big names there. They get stuff done but similarly to us on Valefor, are deep into EG. That being said, it sounds like the population on Cerberus is much more vast and eclectic while the population on Valefor is small and clique'.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, but whatever you choose... feel free to ask the members here on the forum any questions you have. Not many of us actually still play but ALL of us are able to help you with our collective history in game.

Good luck and have fun!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                    I'd say come to Valefor but Fire hit the nail on the head. As much as I'd love to help out in any way possible, my work schedule keeps my play hours pretty scattered. Cerberus is another of the servers populated by members of this forum. Squiggs and Romyro are the big names there. They get stuff done but similarly to us on Valefor, are deep into EG. That being said, it sounds like the population on Cerberus is much more vast and eclectic while the population on Valefor is small and clique'.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, but whatever you choose... feel free to ask the members here on the forum any questions you have. Not many of us actually still play but ALL of us are able to help you with our collective history in game.

Good luck and have fun!
                    Yeah. A lot of the forum members don't play anymore as the Mod said, but they're very smart when it comes to the in-game mechanics, so on and so forth. I'm getting there but I am not as wise as some of them are, so poke in and out, ask questions. Doesn't hurt to learn a thing or two from the wise.

Comment

Hello I just came to Valefor and was wondering if I could join your LS melody and how I would go about finding you. Lol =]

Comment

Originally posted by hydroplain View Post
                        Hello I just came to Valefor and was wondering if I could join your LS melody and how I would go about finding you. Lol =]
                        There are two problems here.

1) The LS was in Ragnarok, not Valefor.

2) I say was because it is no more, Melody already quit the game and the LS was already falling apart when I moved to Ragnarok.

So you may want to consider re-starting in Cerberus as people here mentioned, because Valefor and Ragnarok are very meh servers.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Ok I can do that, what do you recommend on Cerberus? Sadly I was just there and switched realms Lol.. And yea, I messed up with the valefor thing, wrong realm name again.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            There are two problems here.

1) The LS was in Ragnarok, not Valefor.

2) I say was because it is no more, Melody already quit the game and the LS was already falling apart when I moved to Ragnarok.

So you may want to consider re-starting in Cerberus as people here mentioned, because Valefor and Ragnarok are very meh servers.
                            Words cannot describe my emotions. Shinigami shall do it for me.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw6wczrGPE1r0ql8k.gif

Comment

Working...
                            X