A cautionary message for all new players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A cautionary message for all new players

TBH, if you're really having problems in the dunes @ 14 (and FoV is a bit hard @ 14 in Valkurm), go back to W.Ronafure or your home area zones, ie: Sarutabaruta, etc and do some FoV there. You'll find you don't take much of an xp loss, and you'll kill a bunch of EP/DC mobs and still get nice FoV xp. I'm willing to bet you could get 14-20 in a day or so by just doing that in your spare time
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuell View Post
      Dude that is crazy at 6:25 PM what server are you on? Let me ask though how many ppl do you average in your server?
      I'm on Fenrir. Highest number I've seen on this server during JP prime is just over 2000 dropping to as low as 900 at various points in the day.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Solymir and Zoltar; I'll see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Seems a few people are easily hurt on this forum. Snippy. But they must obviously know more than me I wish I twere but smartz.

Comment

I used to average 2k/hour before FoV and /DNC leveling 10-20. Only take on EPs, always eat Attack food. If you have /WHM, always have juices or Tab Refresh. Selbina Milk helps too. Works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            I used to average 2k/hour before FoV and /DNC leveling 10-20. Only take on EPs, always eat Attack food. If you have /WHM, always have juices or Tab Refresh. Selbina Milk helps too. Works wonders.
            Exactly. If someone is only doing 300-500 exp an hour then they are doing shit wrong. I leveled at least a dozen jobs on 3 different characters on 2 different servers from level 1-25 and it wasn't that bad. There were times I would have preferred the mindless drone of partying so that I could only pay half attention but then I would be beating my head up against the wall from the endless idiots you usually end up partying with at those levels. Also, I didn't want to be a leader and make a party. All day I'm in a leadership role and when I want to relax I just want to be a mindless drone. lol
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

People seem to be missing the fact he said he's just hit 14, so he won't even have a subjob yet.

Comment

While that does handicap you to a certain degree, being a returning player you do have additional insight into the game that should help make up for that. It still should not be that hard.
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Mindless drone mode is awesome. That's why I like to just play a DD sometimes, spam my TP crap when I have it, and stand around while people pull/med. It's great,

Besides, sometimes its fun partying with noobs at low levels, they make the game interesting haha.
                  Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

I don't mind partying with new players that are making an effort but when you are level 18 wearing a full fishing outfit and trying to exp or don't have a necessary spell (whm without cure...SERIOUSLY??) or whine non-stop about not having a power leveler....ya....

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                      People seem to be missing the fact he said he's just hit 14, so he won't even have a subjob yet.
                      I've been soloing one of my mules with the eventual goal of solo unlocking Aht Urhgan.

With no subjob. Intentionally.

I'm up to 35 now on the mule. I started in Gustaberg doing FoV pages, originally just for the tabs. I set the HP in Jeuno, with the idea that I could D0 to Jeuno, then Repatriation back home.

Then moved on to Tahrongi until I could do FoV pages in dunes. Once I got to page 5, I just kept spamming it until reaching 33. Then I went to Rolanberry, to spam page 2. When the mule gets a couple more levels, I'm switching to page 4. (Page 3 is cool, but goblins are a long walk form a book.).

Also, since I'm leveling THF, Rolanberry adds farming silk, honey, and bee chips with the TH1.

For what it's worth, at least up to 50, it usually takes about 6 FoV pages to get a level, even if you're fighting EP. That's a level a day for sure, faster if you have a ring and can take on 60+ XP mobs when done with the page.

Also, just to show I know how much harder it used to be, my first job on my main was WHM. I mostly soloed it to 30, all but 2 levels or so. That was when they made the EP exp adjustment, from 15 minimum to 30 minimum. A few levels later, once I had 150 MP weakened, I went to Campaign and took it all the way to 75, learning a lot about aggro and hate along the way. (After 70 though, it was mostly pre-nerf fort bashing.) No way I could have done campaign that early on any other job than WHM, though.
                      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                        I'm on Fenrir. Highest number I've seen on this server during JP prime is just over 2000 dropping to as low as 900 at various points in the day.
                        That is really low then... During JP time we can have as much as 4000 on Ifrit and goes down as low as 1200... Overall it stays close to 2000 for the most part...
                        Emmanuell
                        Odin Server - Transplanted from Ifrit Server
                        95 DRK, 95 BST
                        Bastok Rank 10

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if you've considered the option of changing servers, but Ragnarok is packed and would be more than happy to have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythik View Post
                            I don't know if you've considered the option of changing servers, but Ragnarok is packed and would be more than happy to have you.
                            That is the same thing I suggested and it would make his playing more of enjoyment... The game was designed to be played with others but recently has changed to a lot of solo play too mainly because of FoV.
                            Emmanuell
                            Odin Server - Transplanted from Ifrit Server
                            95 DRK, 95 BST
                            Bastok Rank 10

sigpic

Comment

I checked last night and post server merge at about midnight MST, there were 60 people LFG. That's pretty good.
                              Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuell View Post
                                That is the same thing I suggested and it would make his playing more of enjoyment... The game was designed to be played with others but recently has changed to a lot of solo play too mainly because of FoV.
                                But really, this week is a bad time to be making extrapolations about what things are like at Dunes level. Any time there's an update with new content, people drop everything else to try out the new content, even if it is completely abandoned by the next update.

Campaign is a nightmare right now. 80 people in a zone means mobs that die almost before you can /attack on them, and NPCs only make it worse. I just fought a Garlaige battle just so I could have one that was half reasonable. It was this bad when the update with Union drops came out, and I think some medals came out then too. Now I think everyone is just in it to grind the new medals, plus we just had a server merge here so there are twice as many as there would have been. But 80 people in a campaign battle also means 80 people not leveling subjobs in Dunes.
                                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X