This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Tutorial NPC for New characters

As from the Sept 2008 update, any new characters registered after the 8th September 2008 will be able to obtain quests from the new Tutorial NPC's. If you started your character before the update, then you will only get the tutorial text and not any of the quests.

NPC's are at the following locations.

Selele Windurst Woods (K-10) Gulldago Bastok Markets (D-11) Alaune Southern San d'Oria (G-10)
    It has not been tested but I am assuming you can only use the NPC of your home city.

Bastok -

Quest 1

Talk to the relevant NPC for a small introduction.
    He then asks to to get signet from the gate guard located to the left hand side of the gate (Rabid Wolf, IM) oncer getting signet talk to Gulldago again.
    Reward:- 6 Meat Jerky's.

Quest 2

He asks you to go outside the gate and kill something. if your lvl 1-3 I'd suggest the Tunnel worms or wasps directly outside. kill one, return to the NPC and talk to him.

The NPC will award you with 3 items. A fire crystal, Lizard Tail and a pot of Honey. synth these materials together by selecting the fire crystal in your items list, select use the select the lizard tail and honey and click ok. You will receive a sweet Lizard meal.

SWEET LIZARD = HP+5, MP+5 and Dex +1 duration 30 minutes. (Lvl 1-3 cooking) does not stack.

Speak to the NPC again for the next quest.

Quest 3

The NPC asks you to find the auction house (check your map and you can find it in those areas) all you have to do is click on the Auction house booth, you don;t have to buy anything. (even if you have touched it before you must touch it ocne the quest is given to get the reward).

The NPC gives you a voucher for a chariot band.

At the gate talk to the following NPC

Rabid Wolf, IM (Bastok markets)

Click on him, select "I want to spend my conquest points" select "Common items" then select either a Chariot band, Empress band or Emporer Band. Personbally I select empress band as its cheep to refill and the 50% bonus for more exp duration is very good, that with the 7 charges as well.

Speak to the Tutorial Quest NPC again for the next Quest.

Quest 4

The NPC asks you to kill mobs to obtain LVL 4. you can do this withe outside the gate or go to Zehran Mines and do the First mission while your in their.

Once you have obtained lvl 4, go back to the quest NPC. and he will give you a re-raise earing. equip this, use same as chariot band with the difference that if you are KO'd it will ask if you wish to be raised. Search FFXIwiki for information on re-raise if your stuck.

Speak to the NPC again for the next Quest.

Quest 5

The NPC asks you to head to the Konschtat Highlands and kill a single mob. You need to be about lvl 10-11 to solo one or lvl 7-8 if with another person. You only need to kill one strolling sappling in the highlands to pass the quest. (For the windurst NPC it would be Tahrongi Canyon and for the SSandoria NPC it will La Theine Plateau .)

The same type of mob can be killed

Note:- It has been found that when partying only one player is seen as passing the quest. Not enough testing has been carried to to find out whether this is the party leader or the person with the last blow. Solo is the guaranteed way.

Return to the NPC. You get rewarded with 800 experience points.

Talk to the NPC again for the next quest.

Quest 6

The NPC then asks you to obtain lvl 10. You will probably have already obtained it with the walk to kill the sappling for quest 5. Once obtained talk to the NPC and they award you with 1000gil.

Talk to the NPC for the final quest.

Quest 7

The final quest is to go and get a tele crystal from one of the crags in the areas you went to to kill the sappling. (Konschtat Highlands I-7 the northern portion of the crag.

It might be best to do this when you have to visit the crag for Mission 2-1. if your below lvl 14 you may want to use silent oils to avoid the veteran and onyx quadav that could mince you if solo.

Once you have touched the received the Dem gate crystal head back to the respective tutorial NPC for 1000 experience points and 3 free chocopasses.

San-D'oria
    Alaune
    Type: Tutorial NPC

Quest 1

Talk to the guard Aravoge, TK (Just to the right of the tutorial NPC in front of the gate. And talk to him and ask him to cast signet. Once done, return to Alaune and talk to her.
    Reward:- 6 strips of meat Jerky

Quest 2
    Eat a strip of Jerky then talk to Alaune again.
    She asks you to get a weapon skill, to do this fight rabbits and tunnel worms outside the gate until your weapon skill reaches 5 and you gain a usable weapon skill. Use it (Its in job abilites menu) on a mob and then go back to her for your reward.
    Reward:- slice of hare meat, chunk of rock salt and a fire crystal. Craft it as she explains. and you get Salted Hare.

Salted Hare
    Food Effects: (30 minutes, All Races)
    HP +10
    Strength +1

Quest 3
    Talk to Alaune again and she asks you to find the auction house, on return she gives you a voucher. find Aravoge, TK (southern sandoria) at the gate where you got signet and exchange it for a ring. Click on him, select "I want to spend my conquest points" select "Common items" then select either a Chariot band, Empress band or Emporer Band. Personbally I select empress band as its cheep to refill and the 50% bonus for more exp duration is very good, that with the 7 charges as well.

Quest 4
    Equip the ring then wait 15 seconds, select Item, then the ring, then use. to activate it.
    Alaune now wants you to get to lvl 4 do this outside.
    Reward:- Reraise earing.

Quest 5
    Alaune asks you to head to the La Theine Plateau .) nd kill a single mob. You need to be about lvl 10-11 to solo one or lvl 7-8 if with another person. You only need to kill one strolling sappling to pass the quest. Go back to Southern San D'Oria and talk to Alaune again for your reward.
    Reward:- 800 experience points.

Quest 6
    Alaune then asks you to obtain lvl 10. You will probably have already obtained it with the walk to kill the sappling for quest 5. Once obtained talk to Alaune again.
    Reward:- 1000 gil

Quest 7
    The final quest is to go and get a tele crystal from one of the crags in the areas you went to to kill the sappling. La Theine Plateau .) The crag is located at K8 and you want to go to the platform to teh right of the chocobo renter.

Once you have touched the received the Holla gate crystal head back Alaune for 1000 experience points and 3 free chocopasses.

Windurst
    Selele
    Type: Tutorial NPC
    Location: Windurst Woods (K-10) Leviathan's Gate left hand side

Quest 1
    Get guard to cast signet.

Talk to Harara, W.W (Just to the right of Selele to the right of the gate. And talk to him and ask him to cast signet. Once done, return to Selele and talk to her.
    Reward:- 6 strips of meat Jerky

Eat a strip and talk to her again for next quest.

Quest 2
    She asks you to get a weapon skill, to do this fight rabbits, mini mandagoras and bees outside the gate until your weapon skill reaches 5 and you gain a usable weapon skill. Use it (Its in job abilites menu) on a mob and then go back to her for your reward.
    Reward:- Bird egg, pot of honey & a water crystal.

She then explains synthesis and asks you to synthesize those items.

On sucessfull synthesis (your not always sucsessfull) you get a mug of honeyed egg.

Mug of Honeyed Egg
    Food Effects: (30 minutes, All Races)
    MP +8
    Intelligence +1
    MP Recovered While Healing +1

Quest 3
    Talk to Selele again and she asks you to find the auction house, on return she gives you a voucher. find Harara, W.W (as quest 1) at the gate where you got signet and exchange it for a ring. Click on him, select "I want to spend my conquest points" select "Common items" then select either a Chariot band, Empress band or Emporer Band. Personbally I select empress band as its cheep to refill and the 50% bonus for more exp duration is very good, that with the 7 charges as well.

Quest 4
    Equip the ring then wait 15 seconds, select Item, then the ring, then use. to activate it.
    Selele now wants you to get to lvl 4 do this outside.
    Reward:- Reraise earing.

Quest 5

Talk to Selene again and she asks you to head to Tahrongi Canyon and kill a single mob. You need to be about lvl 10-11 to solo one or lvl 7-8 if with another person. You only need to kill one strolling sappling which are plentiful near the entrance in that area. No mobs agro near the entrance. Go back to Windurst Woods and talk to Selele again for your reward.
    Reward:- 800 experience points.

Quest 6
    Selele then asks you to obtain lvl 10. You will probably have already obtained it with the walk to kill the sappling for quest 5. Once obtained talk to Selele again.
    Reward:- 1000 gil

Quest 7
    The final quest Selele gives you is to go and get a tele crystal from one of the crags in the areas you went to to kill the sappling. Tahrongi Canyon The crag is located at I-6 and you want to go to the platform to the right of the chocobo renter.

Once you have touched the received the Holla gate crystal head back and talk to Selele for 1000 experience points and 3 free chocopasses.

It is worth noting that before each quest is given, the NPC will provide tutorial information about various aspects of the game which is worth reading if you've never played before.
    Last edited by Jarre; 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM.

Re: The New Tutorial NPC for New characters

This is a really cool little addition. Definitely something to add to the list of advice for brand new players.

Does the NPC in the opening cutscene mention these guys in addition to/instead of the NPC you give the Adventurer's Coupon to?
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

I didn't notice it, but then to be honest i wasn't paying much attention. Maybe someone who wants to try these quests can check for me.

Comment

Main thing is to get new players to talk to these NPCs. If these NPCs are hidden or blended in somewhere it does little good. If the opening intro says to go to it, then it is awesome.
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
          Main thing is to get new players to talk to these NPCs. If these NPCs are hidden or blended in somewhere it does little good. If the opening intro says to go to it, then it is awesome.
          I made a quick mule when this addition came and it's kinda hidden, kind of not. The npc that starts the tutorial will walk towards you and force you into conversation when you go to leave a gate. However, It automatically seems to stay on 'no' or whatever the cancel option is. I was just pressing enter and suddenly, nothing happened, no quest, no thing. So it's very hard to miss.

I do wish that I had this when I started out though. :> Free stuff + direction is good.
          FFXI: Confetti
          Sylph Server
          (Oh, and by the way, I'm a girl.)

Comment

brother made a mule tonight.

NPC is right next to one of the main gates in each city. Also the cupon for chariot band is usable for any of the exp rings.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

This sounds really dumb , but im a new player and i dont know how to find G-10

Can you possibly include how to find these npc's using the map system the game gives us ?

Comment

I don't understand. The grid system is right on the map, how can you not find the npc's general area?
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

All i see is H-9 in the top left of my map , and when i move my curser it doesnt change ..

i feel so dumb LOL ..this game is clunky to understand in the beginning so im sorry for not understanding this map system

Comment

Southern San d'Oria/Maps - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Letters are along the top and bottom, numbers along the left and right. When you open up your map in-game, your current position is shown in the upper-left corner of the screen, and you can scroll to the edges or just do mental math to find where you need to go (e.g. if the letter of your current position is before your destination, you need to go East, if the number of your current position is before your destination, you need to go South, etc.).
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

O MAN !! i feel so dumb , this map is really easy now lol

sorry >>

Comment

Are the intro quests entered into your quest current and quest completed logs?
                        PSN ID: Kelshan
                        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                        sigpic

Comment

No .. the game showed me the Northern gate , but i didnt know the Npc's at the other gate (southern)had my quests .

Comment

For Quest 2, instead of fire crystal, Lizard Tail and a pot of honey I received a water crystal, bird egg, and a pot of honey. It makes honeyed egg which is +8 MP. Maybe the difference has to do with in what city you start (Windurst for me).

Comment

Yes I was waiting for someone froma nother startign city to experiment. anyone done the sandoria one? I ahve a feeling it might have somethign to dow ith rabit meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X