Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,just bought the 2008 edition

Hi,
    i just purcheased and finally after almost 4 hours have installed the 2008 edition for my 360.
    Looks like i have a lot of reading to do before i can start playing.
    Ive tried finding the answer to a couple of questions but cant so if any kind person could answer for me i would be very grateful.
    1.Can i only have 1 character at a time and if i want another i have to pay extra?
    2.If i create a character and then want to start over again is it ok to just delete and the make a new one?
    The reason im asking is my wife wants her own character to play and also i just made a warrior and picked a server by random and now im thinking i should really research to see which ones are best for beginners.
    3.The 2008 edition comes with all the expansions but when i chose to create my forst character i only had a few choices.i did not see ninja,samurai,dancer etc which i thought i would be able to choose straight away considering i have all the expansions.
    Thanks for reading and please answer my questions if possible.

Re: Hi all,just bought the 2008 edition

1. You have to pay extra for additional characters. But because of the way FFXI works, you don't need those other characters for leveling other jobs. You may want some for extra storage, but you can worry about that later.

2. You can, yes. You'll lose any gil/gear/exp you gained, but I'm sure you realize that. There aren't any specific servers that are "good for beginners." There are no server types, so just pick one at random, and I'm sure you'll make some friends there.

3. At the start of the game, you only have access to the six starting jobs (Warrior, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage). At level 30 you can quest to unlock every other job in the game.

Keep in mind that if your wife wants to play at the same time as you, you'll need another copy of the game and something to play it on (PS2 or 3, PC, etc.) If she just wants a character to mess around with from time to time, she can create a character on your account for $1, but keep in mind that in the future should you ever decide you want to level together, you won't be able to split the characters on that account.

Comment

Also, NEVER SHARE AN ACCOUNT WITH ANOTHER PERSON. If they're even remotely serious about trying the game, get a trial disk. Seriously. Nobody likes working on a character for awhile, and then abandoning it so they can play on their own account; and nobody likes having to share time (if you and your wife share an account, only one character can be on at a time; which means you also couldn't play together). It always ends in tears.

Comment

I said that. Just not in caps.

Comment

Thanks Murphy and Feba for you quick and informative replies.
          My wife will want her own character but we wont be playing at the same time.
          I will delete my first character as i will spend a little time deciding on what i want to be race and job.I was just in a hurry to have a look around as i had been waiting for about 4 hours to get the thing installed....hehe

Comment

hi jamiracos ive just got my 2008 game on the 360 also but mine tock 6 hours to download, if u wanna hook up and kill sum things let me know,

Comment

Working...
            X