This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasures of Aht Urhgan - The Land of the Sacred Serpents

Hello! First post here in the video section so I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the movies done by myself for our Asuran LS, Heaven's Inferno.
    Anyway, continuing my tradition of story/mission movies, after finishing the CoP ones, here is a sort of recollection of all Treasures of Aht Urhgan c/s, including some Assault footage.
    Being self-taught I'm pretty sure it may seem sub-par compared to other more famous movies, but I did my best (the fact that there are no BCs or NMs mission-related doesn't help too). Anyway, here it is: The Land of the Sacred Serpents.

P.s. I apologize for taking advantage of the hosting possibilities here, but I got no public mirror at the moment (due to 1. too limited bandwidth on the LS site, so movies are LS-members only there and 2. filefront being down).

EDIT: forgot to add, spoilers included so watch at your own risk.

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan - The Land of the Sacred Serpents

Hello Ryumihyoh,

I liked your music selection for the video alot. It was very upbeat and lent a sense of exploration that fits venturing into Aht Urgan for the first time. I think you had pretty good pacing for it as well.

Being self-taught I'm pretty sure it may seem sub-par compared to other more famous movies, but I did my best (the fact that there are no BCs or NMs mission-related doesn't help too).

I think you did a good job. Being self-taught is the best way to learn, in my opinion. I am self taught, and I think I do a pretty good job myself. =)

Constructive Criticism:

In the future, if you do another exploration video like this, the main things I would do to improve it is uses /names to remove names (assuming this wont hurt your game play), and when you edit together, to crop the video so you only have the center portion on the screen, so we don't see the interface. Then you could type out in large text any pertinent text you want us to read. This gives you more control over what you present, and makes it look more polished.

Once again, good job on the video!

REGENSHIRE / CARBUNCLE SERVER - TheAMC Linkshell / Creator of The Final Fantasy Opera & Seeds of Discord
    BRD 75 / WHM 44 / BLM 22 / RDM 18 / WAR 18

Comment

I'll take a look at it when I'm not so sleepy.

Nice to see someone who is in TheAMC. I rolled with them briefly when a bunch of you guys were in the low 50's. Then I went on a long break.

Tell Tanz and the others I said hi.

/hijack off
      66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
      Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
      01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
      01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
      O)
      01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Originally posted by AngryUndead
        Nice to see someone who is in TheAMC. I rolled with them briefly when a bunch of you guys were in the low 50's. Then I went on a long break.

Tell Tanz and the others I said hi.

/hijack off
        /hijack on

I will. Check out the The Final Fantasy Opera if you get a chance. Its our (TheAMC's) first LS production, and I think it is pretty darn good.

/hijack off

REGENSHIRE / CARBUNCLE SERVER - TheAMC Linkshell / Creator of The Final Fantasy Opera & Seeds of Discord
        BRD 75 / WHM 44 / BLM 22 / RDM 18 / WAR 18

Comment

Originally posted by Regenshire
          Hello Ryumihyoh,

In the future, if you do another exploration video like this, the main things I would do to improve it is uses /names to remove names (assuming this wont hurt your game play), and when you edit together, to crop the video so you only have the center portion on the screen, so we don't see the interface. Then you could type out in large text any pertinent text you want us to read. This gives you more control over what you present, and makes it look more polished.

Once again, good job on the video!
          THanks for the reply, first of all
          I usually not do it since FFXI is somewhat too limited camera and action wise, save using extensive alterations that are beyond the scope of my videos. I also leave the text since I film the cutscenes and /names, well it doesn't help while playing, that's why I don't use them 8P
          I'll point you to the three movies I'm most satisfied with (spoliers, obviously):

PM8-5/ZM18 (Apocalypse Nigh)
          PM8-4 (Dawn)
          Windurst Mission 9-2

I'm not very satisfied with this movie (The Land of The Sacred Serpents) due to the lack of story of ToAU so I had to "fill the gaps".

Comment

Working...
          X