FFXI Unofficial Trailer by Aydemir Films Machinima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Unofficial Trailer by Aydemir Films Machinima

Our main download sources are unavailable at present, but we have a .WMV version uploaded at one of my sites.

[ame]http://files.filefront.com/ffxi_unofficial_trailer_wmv/;4354140;;/fileinfo.html[/ame]

This film was made possible by the people of CaitSith, and DeviFoxx of Quetzacoatal.

Wow, long time since I've come back to this thread. I'm editing this post to include a YouTube link. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJcjb0eh3TE"]FFXI Unofficial Trailer[/ame]
    Last edited by KatoArabel; 09-13-2011, 12:03 AM.

Re: FFXI Unofficial Trailer by Aydemir Films Machinima

Nice video. <Cheer>

Comment

W O W!
      That's all I can say. Did you do anything special to your graphics settings. Some of the CS that you used looke better in that movie then they do for me ingame.

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
      Rest of my sig

Comment

Wow, that was amazing! Really professional, great style; I'd say this blows anything S-E's made out of the water XD
        "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men" -Shungaku
        Sig by Tsuko~

Comment

It's a great video, but lacks gameplay footage. It'd be nice to give people a view of what the actually game is like more than how pretty the cutscenes are. Other than that it's very well done.

Monoxide (Tarutaru):
          BLM: 32 WHM: 44 MNK: 4 WAR: 12 || BST: 18 NIN: 14
          Dymitro (Hume):
          WAR: 25 THF: 30 WHM 10 BLM: 9 MNK: 16 NIN: 16 PLD: 21
          Kyhah (Mithra):
          RDM: 13 WAR: 6

Comment

Two reasons why it's 99% cutscenes:

1. Less lag that way, and even then, FFXI is very CPU dependent, even with FRAPS running.

2. I was aiming for more of a cinematic feel of the whole thing. Including gameplay footage would kill the atmosphere/mood of the video.

Comment

Great video Hope to watch more of your videos soon!!
              I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

Unfortunately, there will be no more FFXI productions coming from me. The game seems to have grown belligerent towards me and I'm beginning to consider cancelling the subscription in favor of another RPG.

Comment

Very very nice video, as has been noted before, quite superior to anything SE has yet produced.
                  The beginning sequence as you faded in the characters while showing various text was quite artistic, I loved it.
                  I agree with your use of cutscenes, it added a much more dramatic effect to the video, as the cutscenes allow much more camera movement, which made the video seem more lively.

Might I ask again about the beginning sequence, the lighting effects of going over the character and then fading out, was that done in Model Viewer or such, or another program such as After Effects?

Once again, very nice video and you have my compliments. ^_^

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.
                  -Mary Kay Ash

My videos!
                  www.vanadielroyalguard.com

Comment

Originally posted by KatoArabel
                    Unfortunately, there will be no more FFXI productions coming from me. The game seems to have grown belligerent towards me and I'm beginning to consider cancelling the subscription in favor of another RPG.
                    Sad news Why has it grown belligerent?

PD: I may return soon hehe :p
                    I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

The characters in the opening and ending sequences were done using digital compositing technology that you see in Star Wars. (The act of overlaying an object over another while appearing as if it's part of the same image)

I used ModelViewer with a green screen, and used Vegas' chroma-keying filter to remove the green and overlay the characters.

Comment

How exactlyu did you get the text on the video, I can't find anything in premeir that will allow me to do this (Trying to make a movie myself, and I'm completely new at this).
                        -Baka Inu!
                        Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                        Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                        Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Well.. im downloading it with 12.2 kb/sec.. 19% right now Im looking forward to see it though.. and the replies sound good. ^^

Double Post Edited:
                          I just finished downloading...

@_@ !!!!!!! IT FREAKING RULES! >< >< >< >< >< >< Im gonna show it to all my friends tomorrow!!! wooooooooot !!

Okay, now my comments. Compared to Official Trailer
                          This video is very good. To be an actual intro movie, it needs a little more of "real" vanadiel, what you get to see as a low level. But the better thing of this movie is, you get to see a LOT more CoP etc, telling a low level more what to expect, and even at high level they will know they have so much to explore yet. Also, a little downside is that the Mithra DRK character plays the main role in this movie... But yea, on the other hand, its not a real trailer, but your own personal one which makes it rule! ^^

Thank you for showing this. It impressed me 9/10 if it would need rating ^^
                          Last edited by Kittyneko; 11-17-2005, 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Trunks, I use Sony Vegas 6.0. It's sort of like a mix between Premiere and Adobe After-Effects. Very useful for creating something in a single application. Very user-friendly, too.

Also, that "Mithra DRK" you saw was intended to be the centerpiece through which the player views the world (the cutscenes). It makes better sense that way.

Though Devifoxx (The Elvaan) was seen in a couple of CoP shots.

Comment

amazing it's really good the syncing is awesome, the point of a trailer is to grab people not really telling the truth but what to expect.
                              alot of people do it, but anyways better then alot of other videos i watched.

Comment

Working...
                              X