Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the original source of the famous DRK Kraken Club vid?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the original source of the famous DRK Kraken Club vid?

I remember that the original source also had a couple of other videos on there including WAR Genkai 5 ;P.Now I was wondering if anyone knows the specfic address?Or was it lost due to all of the multiple hostings of the DRK Video?
    WAR AF2
    1.Dynamis - Jeuno
    Warriors Mufflers[o]
    2.Dynamis - Windurst
    Warrior's Mask[x]
    3.Dynamis - Xarcabard
    Warrior's Lorica[x]
    4.Dynamis - Beaucedine
    Warrior's Cuisses[x]
    5.Dynamis - San d'Oria
    Warrior's Calligae[x]

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?20268

http://www.kitanet.ne.jp/~genus/adma.html is the original adamantoise site, dunno if it's still there or not. *checks*

Nope it's gone )=

Comment

http://www.burgerpunk.net/videos/ff11_adma01.wmv
      Ridill + Adaman Hauberk :D

Comment

Comment

every time i watch that i think to myself.

Damn i'm glad i'm a Dark Knight! =D

Comment

how the hell did he do that and what was he subbing....looked like the mnks hundred fist but you have to be nin to duel weild....im confused on this one

Comment

Kraken club is the club of all clubs
              and has very low delay

(BRD 2HR) March + March + Haste

this is probably what happened..
              more than 1 BRD maybe...

he definately subbed nin since he casted Utsu while fighting
              and because he was wielding 2 weapons...
              jeez.. LR+BW is dangerous

Comment

Whoa! lmao!!!
                Kraken Club + Soul Voiced March X2 (Or was it Minuet?) + Haste + Blood Weapon = Dead Adamantoise..
                That dude raped it hahaha!
                -_-

Comment

that was freakin awesome.
                  harr!

Comment

He hit that thing HOW many times?!
                    Name: Zedro
                    Race: Elvaan/Male
                    Job: PLD/WAR
                    Level: 50/25
                    Server: Ramuh
                    Linkshell:BCNMAssassins, ShadowKnights, Revolution, DWT etc.

Status of import: Cancelled!!~
                    Status of NA : Active

Comment

Understanding the Kraken Club

Kraken club is the club of all clubs
                      and has very low delay
                      Wrong. It's got a normal delay.

how the hell did he do that and what was he subbing....looked like the mnks hundred fist but you have to be nin to duel weild....im confused on this one
                      The reason why it seems like the DRK is attacking nonstop with it is because the Kraken Club randomly attacks 2-8 times per turn.

I think Phraust on Allakhazam explained it best:

If [the Kraken Club] decides to hit any more than 4 time(Which it does regularly) The delay on the club is spent... So once it's done with 4 hits, it goes on to the next set of hits. It does just keep swinging.

every time i watch that i think to myself.

Damn i'm glad i'm a Dark Knight! =D
                      The Kraken Club is actually a terrible weapon for a DRK...not only do DRKs have a crappy club skill (E), the club also has a tendency to generate massive amounts of hate over time -- hate that a defensively-fragile DRK simply doesn't need. If you watch the vid a few times, you'll notice that the Adamantoise actually comes fairly close to killing the DRK at one point, even though he was using Utsesumi. He only survived because his allies were spamming cures on him. The BLM was also occasionally nuking.

The player in the vid probably rarely uses the Kraken Club as a DRK, other than for showing off.

Here's the stats on the Kraken Club for anyone interested:

Kraken club
                      (Club) All Races
                      DMG: 11 DELAY: 264
                      Occasionally attacks 2 to 8 times
                      Lv. 63 All Jobs
                      All Nations: Rank 10
                      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                      Chains of Promathia: Complete
                      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

DRK is not, but a PLD/NIN or WHM/NIN will absolutely shine with this club.

Comment

no they wouldn't

Originally posted by Thachsanh
                          DRK is not, but a PLD/NIN or WHM/NIN will absolutely shine with this club.
                          Due to the very low damage on the weapon itself, without DRK's souleater, the club would do almost no damage to a high Def mob such as the admantoise. Souleater damage however, ignores defense, and trade HP directly for damage. The DRK's 2 hour ability, blood weapon, drains that damage directly back to the DRK, restoring the HP lost to the Souleater. This is what allowed that DRK to do what he did in the clip.

Comment

I don't mean to nitpick but the kraken club isn't a horrible weapon for DRKs, its only used in certian situations, and adamantoise was paralyzed for a good portion of the fight. The thing that almost killed him was his own two hour sucking away his life.

For those that don't understand the video what you see is a dark using the kraken club (a low damge club with the ability to occasionally hit 2-8 times.) and his souleater + blood weapon abilities. The key here is the quick swing, low damage club. This item minimalizes the ammount of health drained off by soul eater and maximizes the ammount of health regained, allowing him to do maximum possible damage with his two hour, with little risk to himself.

He isn't using the club for the club... he is using it as a delivery tool of his damage.
                            http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?18900

Comment

yeah sorry^^
                              i meant it had low delay between attacks because of the rapid swings..
                              sorry for the miswording

i want to try something like that...
                              Hundred Fists + Kraken Club has to be worth something...
                              but w/o Souleater it would land only knicks and bumps on that overgrown turtle

Comment

Working...
                              X