How the...do you take a screenshot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the...do you take a screenshot?

Im using the compact keyboard and for the life of me I cant find the button to take screenshots!

help >.<

Re: How the...do you take a screenshot?

Print Screen??? are you on PS2/360? cause then I don't know.

Comment

IM on PC.

print screen doesnt seem to take any screenshots :S

Comment

Look in the keyboard config section. There's a list of what button is bound to what (under commands). I believe the default is [ for getting rid of the UI and ] for taking the shot. (Of course, under compact layout, you need Ctrl or Alt, just like every command in that section of the config.)

Or just install a screenshot app.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Which screenshot app. do you recommend? I have the [but it doesnt seem to work at all.

I tried pressing the key + crl/alt and shift and neither of those combinations worked. I tried pressing it alone and it still didnt work.

For some reason though the ] (hide UI) does work.

Comment

You have to hide the UI before you can take a shot. So Ctrl-] to hide the UI, then Ctrl-[ to take the screenshot, then Ctrl-] to get the UI back. You should get a message in your chat log "Screenshot saved." They're saved in POL. I'm sure you'd be able to find them on the hard drive somewhere, but I don't know where. You can just use POL mail to email them to yourself.

I don't know what the cool kids are using these days. I use Fraps because I foolishly paid for the full version way back when. The only other name of an app that I can ever remember is Clipper, but I know nothing about it.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

Cool!

I dont even have to press CTRL to take the screenshot!

thanks for telling me how to do it ^^

Didnt know I had to hide the ui before taking the SS xD

Comment

If you use a joypad, hit START to hide the UI, then hold R2 and press R1. It took me months to stumble into that on PS2. (It took me longer to find L1 = /autorun)

If you're on PS2 or 360, you have to exit to POL and send them as e-mail attachments.
                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

If you use a controller with the PC version, you'll more than likely have to use the Print Screen function or some other setup. Just want people to realize that the controller buttons can be set up to do other things on the PC.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X