Puppetmaster damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppetmaster damage

Everyone that says lolpup should literally go kill themselves after this picture is spread throughout the internet. Puppetmaster is an amazing DD.

It takes only 2-3 fights to get the automaton ready to be able to do this damage.

***My PUP was only messing with this too. The marid died instantly and I wasn't even at 100% power***

Once the automaton is ready to hit like that, there is no stopping us.
    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Re: Puppetmaster damage

Impressive. How consistently can that be done? You say "once the automaton is ready," meaning that, from that point on it's ready to go?

And I do apologize that I'm not schooled in the way of the PUP, if this is a very ignorant question then please ignore it.

Comment

Yes, once the automaton has 1% - 5% HP and no MP left, WHILE using Valoredge (Melee) Head piece and Harliquin (Overall/beginning) frame, it is ready.

Just get 100% TP on the actual puppetmaster and then 100% on the Automaton.

Pop up 3 Fire Manuevers WITH Attuner, Fire Holder, and Tension Spring and lastly an Inhibitor (All attachments for automaton) also, I almost forgot, Optic Fiber.

This will maximize your damage.

Seems like a lot, but can be done very fast.

Puppetmasters become very dominant and the highest DD to date.

I am finally able to laugh in other jobs faces like they have done to all of us PUP's since it came out.

~Guren

Comment

Uh oh... It looks like the Marid probably wasted poor Muffin after that. I haven't had any doubts about PUP's maton damage for some time. Even the old weaponskills (on Ranger) were enough to tear hate off PLD tanks and earn the poor little maton a one-way ticket to the boneyard which is a significant problem due to the recast time. Keeping your maton timed so that it doesn't die is the trick.

The classical problem people always have with PUP is that they focus on how lackluster the Master is. Puppetmater is a pet-centered DD job. A good PUP cannot let his maton die. Loss of maton tanks PUP's damage. PUP is a hard job to play because of this. Extremely careful enmity management is the PUP's job. The maton is quite fragile even with it's new tricks like shadows. Good tanks are also a plus--a PUP can't shine with a crap NIN.
        Last edited by Sabaron; 03-19-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

With ventriloquy meritted you can just use that and take hate off the automaton.

Plus, 95% of the time everything dies that it touches.

I one shotted that Marid. (Technically I had to melee it once more)

Still, I was at about 60% Strength. I have hit over 3.8k on each. Magic Motar and Light are always the same damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
            Yes because it's just so much superior than this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8EQqaD0es0]YouTube - The Legendary Kraken Dark Knight VS Ul'yovra[/ame]

or this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqxQNeqe5z4]YouTube - Pure Pawnage[/ame]

Now granted, SE recently toned this down (sucks for DRKs who put the effort into it. IMO SE once again showed major ignorance on their part and rather than nerfing the problem weapon [*cough* relic knuckles *cough*] they went and nerfed haste.)

Not that this isn't freaking awesome for PUP, 'cause it is. But don't go making BS claims.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

DRK can only pull that off once every 2 hours, also requiring a Bard to 2 hour and either KC or relic scythe, neither of which are relatively easy to obtain.

A naked PUP using lv1 Cat Baghnaks could still do this skillchain with their puppet, and even if you're to assume the puppet dies afterward every time that's still at least every 20 minutes.

Not that I necessarily agree with PUP now being the top DD, but it's not like every 75 DRK is running around with a KC/relic scythe and pulling this stuff off on every pull in a merit party.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

This requires a very specific condition that, in endgame fights and dire situations, can be completely nullified by AoE. Its a neat trick, most of the time it won't be used.

In the event the community starts levelling it like mad just to exploit it, expect a swift and just nerf. I'm actually surprised SE would allow a desparation manuver like this in the game.

Comment

Yeah but that's not the point. My point is that DRK is still technically the most powerful DD in the game, and no one can dispute that, conditional or not.

I don't see any PUPs (or any other job for that matter) dealing 27000+ damage in only 23 seconds.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    I'm actually surprised SE would allow a desparation manuver like this in the game.
                    Kalokoko says screw you.

Comment

The fact still remains, in terms of overall damage, PUP can out parse a Dark Knight easily. The fact that a DRK can do that with Kraken Club is not important because that is once every 2 hours and needs much help.

Puppetmasters using Magic Motar is very easy too. Even with the AoE puppetmaster can work well around it. All we have to do it drain the MP and let the automaton get hit by the AoE to drain its HP, weapon skill, and repair.

With that said, PUP still remains an incredible damage dealer and can be done even bare handed. I tried doing this with no attachments exept inhibitor. The magic motar still did 1.8k damage and a 1.8k light.

Now that is very cheap in gil to make that steady damage. With about 50k more into the job you can breach 3k in damage and 3k in the skillchain.

Puppetmaster most likely will -Not- get nerfed because of the extensive amount of work it takes to set it up. Yes, once it is set up, it is absolutely amazing. The factor in the matter is the time it takes to do it.

I just love puppetmasters and all the puppetmaster fans on FFXI. Stay true to your job and help prove puppetmasters can do great along the side of other jobs.

~Guren

P.S. - Edit - Even without Magic Motar, with the new Ranger Automaton weapon skill, the ranger automaton can parse even higher then it did before! I have hit up to a 2.3k WS on the automaton. No, that was not on a Greater Colibri, that was on a Hilltroll Warrior.

Puppetmasters still have the ability to spam hateless Blizzard IV's for massive damage as well.

Cast -> Deactivate -> Activate -> Cast and so on. With the good attachments PUPs can get, I have been able to over nuke a good black mage with great equips on. Blizzard IV with even 2 Ice Manuevers up makes it on par with an actual black mage. With 3 Ice Manuevers it is overkill.

Yes, the puppetmaster is as good as the player. No one should judge an entire job on how some players play the job. I have seen many paladins play to 75 and get full relic and do many amazing things, but the paladin was not even the greatest of tanks. Every job has a bad point and not just PUP. This is the fact I am trying to prove.

Thanks for reading everyone. I really want to help motivate all the players to give PUP a chance more often if they see one seeking.

~Guren
                      Last edited by Guren; 03-20-2008, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
                        Thanks for reading everyone. I really want to help motivate all the players to give PUP a chance more often if they see one seeking.

~Guren
                        Well to be honest, boasting like this:

I am finally able to laugh in other jobs faces like they have done to all of us PUP's since it came out.
                        kinda defeats the purpose. To me it borders on being full of yourself, and that's just as bad as those saying lolpup in the first place. PUP has not been the only job to be treated that way and jobs that were on the top in the past were knocked down just as easily. I know you're pleased about the boost, but don't use it as an excuse to try to lower other jobs. Just because they boosted your ws abilities doesn't mean they might not nerf something else to compensate for it if it gets abused.
                        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                        Originally posted by Balfree
                        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Understood. I am also a Dragoon though and even us Dragoons did not get this kind of treatment. I have gone afk for like 6 days and not one invite.

Comment

Puppetmaster most likely will -Not- get nerfed because of the extensive amount of work it takes to set it up. Yes, once it is set up, it is absolutely amazing. The factor in the matter is the time it takes to do it.
                            Which is nothing compared to acquiring an Apocalypse or K Club, and yet SE still nerfed Haste because of people using Rune Chopper to set up their haste builds. I'm thinking SE's going to nerf this @ some point as well.

And you require to be within 1~10% HP? That's pretty damned risky against some mobs. Good luck even getting a chance of using that on something like Omega Ultima. (Don't even think about AV)

Again I'm not trying to diminish PUP here; I think this is very, very cool. I just find you're being blatantly and outrageously arrogant and as Nan pointed out, just as bad as the lolpup people.

Besides there's just something satisfying about seeing a DRK essentially selling their souls for insane god-like power

What Apoc/KC DRK does is real accomplishment (at least in the case of Apocalypse) and a just reward for the ludicrous amount of time and money it takes to get that far. IMO, it's awesome that both jobs can deal out this level of damage and as such both should be happy with that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              Which is nothing compared to acquiring an Apocalypse or K Club, and yet SE still nerfed Haste because of people using Rune Chopper to set up their haste builds. I'm thinking SE's going to nerf this @ some point as well.

And you require to be within 1~10% HP? That's pretty damned risky against some mobs. Good luck even getting a chance of using that on something like Omega Ultima. (Don't even think about AV)

Again I'm not trying to diminish PUP here; I think this is very, very cool. I just find you're being blatantly and outrageously arrogant and as Nan pointed out, just as bad as the lolpup people.

Besides there's just something satisfying about seeing a DRK essentially selling their souls for insane god-like power

What Apoc/KC DRK does is real accomplishment (at least in the case of Apocalypse) and a just reward for the ludicrous amount of time and money it takes to get that far. IMO, it's awesome that both jobs can deal out this level of damage and as such both should be happy with that.
                              Wrong, we tested a new way to use it effectively. Use massive HP minusing gear on the PUP and then role reversal at the start. Right away you will have instant low HP on automaton. Once he does Magic motar you can Ventriloquy to get rid of hate and then repair the automaton and do it again.

Amazingness is over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X