Screenshots on 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots on 360?

I was looking at the keyboard config menu on the Xbox 360 FFXI, and I notice it clearly states there's a button that "Takes screenshots." when I press it, it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm guessing the 360 can't take screenshots and they for whatever reason left the key in there when they ported it.

I was just hoping to find some confirmation, is there some sort of bizarre 360 screenshot function I didn't know about?
    BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
    Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Re: Screenshots on 360?

You need to press Back to hide the UI first.

Comment

So you really can take screenshots on the 360? So then I guess you can just use the windows media center thing to transfer between 360 and PC?
      BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
      Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

I'm guessing it will be saved in your picture on your dashboard, but yeah, you should be able to transfer them easily. You can with everything else.
        "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

If all else fails, you can always email them to yourself through POL.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Hit select, hold down the left trigger, then press the right trigger.

It saves to your POL account, not your xbox, go to POL > Navigator > File Manager > Screenshots, from there you can email them to yourself and extract them on your PC. Unfortunately you can't get shots of chat log/equip on 360.

Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

SChweet Pic Callisto

Comment

On my 360, you hold the 'back' button, (maybe it's called the select button, I don't remember), then hold down Right trigger (R2, whatever you want to call it) and then hit the right bumper (R1, whatever you call it). I haven't changed the controls or anything, but mine seems to be different than Callisto's method.
                I have a related question:
                Is there a way to get the screenshots to you PC in full resolution? I play on a HD set, but whenever I take a screenshot and email through PO, the screens come out in very low resolution, and very small? I'd like to be able to get them to my PC in full resolution. Anyone know of a way to do this? Perhaps the windows media thing?
                Last edited by neenja_jenkins; 04-10-2009, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X