Any 3D images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 3D images?

I'm wondering if anyone has seen any 3D images of Vana'diel around.

Like that, but FFXI. Some places would look interesting like that.

Re: Any 3D images?

You mean something like this?

or even...

??

Comment

...no...

3D images. Of FFXI. What's to misunderstand?

Comment

don't think I've ever seen any wobbling images like that of FFXI.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I have, when my computer has its anual benny. closely followed by a blue screen and a barage of swearing from your truely for the next 3 hours of a compelte reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            ...no...
            3D images. Of FFXI. What's to misunderstand?
            LoL but those were 3D he did show u..

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, let me explain.

When someone says 3D image, and they show you a stereoscopic image, they're probably talking about stereoscopic images but don't feel like going to the trouble of spelling out stereoscopic over and over when it should be very obvious.

Comment

A gif of the same picture alternating from two or more different camera angles isn't a 3D image it just confuses the eye long enough to give a sense of depth otherwise devoid from a 2D image.

Comment

There's no such thing as a 'true' 3D image, unless you want to find a way to download a sculpture. Any form of stereoscopy is a 3D image.

From wikipedia, "Stereoscopy, stereoscopic imaging or 3-D (three-dimensional) imaging is any technique capable of recording three-dimensional visual information or creating the illusion of depth in an image. " Illusion is pretty much the entire point.

Comment

Really need to find a tool that allows you to load screenshots in and alternate between them as the gif does in order to make your own as I haven't seen anything like your linked pic relating to FFXI to date. To be honest the thing is a little too close to "fit inducing" to look at for me at least. Or, you could try taking digital pictures of RL environments and create your own version of the other screenshots listed because I can't see the quality of in-game screenshots doing the work much justice.

Comment

Isn't a hollogram a true 3D image? Just a though.

Comment

If by hologram, you mean baseball card type, then no. If you mean Star Trek Holodeck type, then technically yes, if you consider it an image, but i'm fairly sure those don't exist, at least in any form the average person would see. And again, it wouldn't be possible to display on a computer monitor.

Comment

I played a holographic game once.

True story.

Apologies for the derail.
                          Last edited by Grizzlebeard; 03-26-2007, 06:07 AM. Reason: Because...

Comment

Working...
                          X