X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose Beseiged, How To

This picture says it all.

Re: Lose Beseiged, How To

Good lord! Seraph sucks at besieged, apparently. I would contribute something, but I'm only a lowly black mage.

P.S. I'm going to assume that there are a lot of Draugars, or did one draugar do an all-powerful AoE attack that fully wiped everyone? o.o;
    Last edited by Mog; 07-15-2006, 11:21 AM.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

blood saber doesn't do that much damage to one single person. blood saber rarely does more than 200 damage to each person. their blind AOE does a little bit less.

its likely that tp move from qutrubs, or the astral flow ability from the SMN lamiae (in besieged, beastmen may use thier 2hr job abilities at anytime), or from -ga spammage from the blm lamiae/draguars/qutrubs.
      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

The Draugers have a Curse AE as well as a few other nasty ones. They're pretty much killing machines, but that flooded my chat log right after I decided to get the hell out. There's probably a dozen more names that I didn't get a picture of.

Comment

How many undefeated servers are there still? I know Lakshmi hasn't lost a Beseiged yet. Last I heard I think it was under 10 servers that were still undefeated.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

undead swarm, when it comes to besieged, uses KISS method (keep it simple stupid).

they have tons of blm-class mobs (-ga madness), mobs with brutal AOES (blood saber, black cloud, mangle, curse, grave reel), and lamiae with tp moves that do a lot of damage. the smn-class lamiae is capable of using astral flow that can do massive AOE damage, along with their elemental pets that go -ga crazy as well.

Best way in winning is to kite the skeletons to a deserted area of Al Zahbi and beat them with as few peeps as possible, take the bhoots to another deserted part of Al Zahbi to be defeated, and take the qutrubs and lamaie/merrow straight up.

Beastmen don't like long, drawn-out besieges. The longer it takes for them to get their job done the more likely they will retreat. Beastmen prefer it when they only have to kill 2 or 3 generals to break the seal, not all 5.

Comment

Draugar don't curse. It's the damn bhoots (ghosts) that curse everyone and then use unsilenceable ancient magic and ga3s.

Draugar do have the annoying habit of healing themselves to full whenever they blood saber 30 people, though. One or two parties (preferably with Earthen Ward) dragging them to isolated areas to kill *would* be really useful, but I've never seen anyone actually do so. Then again, maybe I just didn't see them because they were in an isolated area.

As for the server records, FFXIclopedia has a page of Beseiged server records.
              Bahamut, Titan, Ramuh, Phoenix, Carbuncle, Sylph, Valefor, Leviathan, Diabolos, Caitsith, Quetzalcoatl, Siren, Unicorn, and Lakshmi are shown as undefeated, although some of their data is old (particularly Sylph and Caitsith).
              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Whoo! Ramuh is 150-0!
                And Undead Swarm is the most powerful, in my opinion. Especially the Qutrubs, which took 20 minutes to kill from my experience.
                Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
                Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

I've been trying to gather info on every loss so far (see the Besieged Server Records talk page) and I've gotten everything up to last week accounted for with dates and armies lost to except for Hades (if any of you are from Hades, please post the info I'm missing there or PM me here, or put it on my talk page on the FFXI Wiki).

Here's what I know as of today. The only servers never to lose besieged (yet) are:
                  Bahamut
                  Titan
                  Ramuh
                  Carbuncle
                  Valefor
                  Leviathan
                  Caitsith
                  Quetzalcoatl
                  Siren
                  Unicorn
                  Lakshmi

Fenrir & Odin each also belong on this list. They both lost only one Besieged, but it was due to server maintenance (thus, their losses are technicalities). And only 4 server losses out of a few dozen so far could be attributed to technicalities.

Comment

This was tonight. only 150 peeps in Al zahbi for level 3 undead swarm around 17:45 CDT, and the undead made short work through -ga spammage.

Comment

Originally posted by zoogelio
                      I've been trying to gather info on every loss so far (see the Besieged Server Records talk page) and I've gotten everything up to last week accounted for with dates and armies lost to except for Hades (if any of you are from Hades, please post the info I'm missing there or PM me here, or put it on my talk page on the FFXI Wiki).

Here's what I know as of today. The only servers never to lose besieged (yet) are:
                      Bahamut
                      Titan
                      Ramuh
                      Carbuncle
                      Valefor
                      Leviathan
                      Caitsith
                      Quetzalcoatl
                      Siren
                      Unicorn
                      Lakshmi

Fenrir & Odin each also belong on this list. They both lost only one Besieged, but it was due to server maintenance (thus, their losses are technicalities). And only 4 server losses out of a few dozen so far could be attributed to technicalities.
                      WOOT!

Comment

i zoned into the one that Carbuncle lost....

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
                        BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
                        BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Comment

The undead besieged is the only one i ever die in. pretty much 3 spammed spells = dead on the spot. i think the worst one i saw was when i mob i guessed ninja 2hred. because my chat log showed around 1oo people dead.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

since the update, the trolls have really gotten nasty. new bombs that love to use that AOE that inflicts burn (especially the big bomb). we barely pulled out the win on the level 5 troll attack on saturday. they managed to get into the hall of binding, except 600 peeps were in al zahbi (instead of the usual 00 when they normally get into that place). our server managed to keep that first NM for claiming the AC, while small group of peeps managed to kite the other nm (one that is the pld class that loves to use invincible) to the other side of town. this forced some mobs to move away from the hall of binding where they were defeated one by one until it was all down to that one NM (the one trying for AC eventually got defeated) and couple bombs that were being kited. in besieged, only a NM troll/mammol ja/lamiae (not an ordinary mob like bomb, raptor, etc.) can actually gain possession of the AC and only if they're not being resisted by someone.

Once all NM in besieged are defeated, the beastmen army will always retreat.

Comment

Working...
                            X