Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbuncle Mining and other random screenshots (not -very- dial-up friendly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbuncle Mining and other random screenshots (not -very- dial-up friendly)

Carbuncle kept getting in the way while doing the Orichalcum Survey assault.
    He event went so far as to make me "mine" some "Carbuncle Nuggets" so my
    party members don't step on them and trip.

After several more nuggets were mined up, combined with Carbuncle being
    underfoot all the time...

I finally snapped.

They'll never find the body.

Shikigami Weapon. High level SMNs all know him. I've camped him many many
    many many times. Here's one of the reasons why I gave up actively camping
    him... I was solo, getting ToD.

Another time, I got a bit bored while getting the ToD, and then I noticed I had a
    SMN following me around.

Biast Excitement! We (over)killed Dark Spark for Seyl and Kismar's RDM and PLD
    gloves and I disconnected while zoning. I came back and found out that we had
    accidentally popped Biast.
    Terror is fun!

More pictures later. Hit a limit on how many pictures I can have in a single post. >_>a
    Last edited by Tirrock; 07-03-2006, 04:02 PM.
    Generic Info!

Re: Carbuncle Mining and other random screenshots (not -very- dial-up friendly)

Originally posted by Tirrock
    don't miss its head!
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Part 2!

Random close-ups!

While my account was inactive for a bit I messed around on my friend's RDM and DRG character.
      I was a bit surprised to see a galka passenger that looked very similar to me.

Pink isn't my color, but it was shiny enough that I grabbed screenshot anyway.

This just looked funny.

Modded Shiva = awesome.

Zeneith's BLU. (Yay for mithras in RSE legs and scorpion harness!)

Nyiri. (Do I really need an excuse to post pictures of mithras?)

Hit the limit again! Part 3 after another reply. >_>a
      Last edited by Tirrock; 07-03-2006, 04:35 PM. Reason: Formatting text so people without MASSIVE moniters don't have to scroll over to read my comments.
      Generic Info!

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooo

Not Buncle!

Comment

Part 3 (last part)!

Other pictures that I can't really generalize into one topic!

Asking if I need promyvion-mea while in Lufaise Meadows!

Two out of three people in this picture are gilsellers. And I can assure you that I'm not a gilseller...
          She was dead when I found her, but I wasn't about to raise her.

No comment needed.

For the record, it doesn't work...

These guys hit -hard-.

Delphyne's Dune boots fight.
          Last edited by Tirrock; 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM. Reason: More text formatting.
          Generic Info!

Comment

And Thfmeimei goes down!

I still can't undertsand how she hasn't been banned after shouting "Kill serket sell gil buy food" one time in Garlaige Citadel...
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

http://gil-sellers.blogspot.com/

The same Thfmeimei?

Comment

Haven't looked at that before...but the names mentioned are people on our server. Granted, I don't think that's a real blog. >_>a
                Generic Info!

Comment

What skill is your WW at Tirrock? Now you've got me thinking.
                  Though knowing my luck, I'd end up only getting ebony logs....
                  Nice pics though.
                  And I guess I'm a bit confused at to why the SMN was following you around.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

77+1. (Will likely be +2 tomorrow.)It gave me a "you can't synth this" response. Tried wind and lightning crystals.

And it becomes very obvious that the Thfmeimei blog is parody after reading more than two sentences of it...
                    Generic Info!

Comment

Hmm, may have to try light perhaps? I doubt it.
                      I thought everything craftable was supposed to be decraftable. Plus you could potentially make good money on buying the cheap staves, then desynthing and resynthing until you HQ them. Assuming the HQ desynth was a good rate.
                      Again, this is all moot if you can't desynth them at all. I really don't want to try on friend's staves anyway.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Oh, and the SMN was following me around because they didn't have somebody in their group with widescan. So they followed me, hoping I'd lead them to it. Later on more people came and the SMN followed them instead. (I was going off of an estimated ToD, so I was there for about 30 minutes.) I'd occasionally just sprint in a random direction to make them think it was up. :x
                        Generic Info!

Comment

Some more pictures. Half-raising a 15 day old topic. >_>a I mostly didn't feel like
                          making a new topic when I had a perfectly good screenshot topic already made.

I recently hit level 70 MNK and I wanted to get dune boots. (We ended up
                          leveling faster than I expected.) So on Saturday, I attempted to gather people to
                          quicksands to pop and kill Sabotender Bailarina. Unfortunately, most of the
                          people I know either stopped talking to me after I mentioned me wanting to camp
                          the NM or they were already busy, due to the fact that I couldn't give them an
                          exact time, since I honestly didn't know if I'd even be on that day, let alone when
                          LS members were logging on. The others were offline (seems like an ever
                          increasing number lately, unfortunately.)

The linkshell I'm in, OdinsEinherjar II, came out to help me. We also got Lordsoth,
                          who HNM-ed with us (and has a pearl to our LS) and Tsen, a friend of mine to
                          show up. This is the result:

We ended up having to camp against people in a very boring HNM-style camp.
                          The person camping it was solo, anon, and had a search comment in Japanese.
                          (Basically, I had no idea what they were after for sure until they helped a bunch of
                          people in to help them camp the NM. I was hoping they were after the star spinel
                          after I first saw them.) Ultimately, people had to leave and we never saw it pop.

Not too detered, I tried again tomorrow. I asked a couple of friends to help me
                          past the gates in quicksands. I can solo the placeholders, and did for the most
                          part. I didn't want to repeat my past mistakes, and I didn't ask for people to
                          come out to help until I actually popped the NM. Although Zeneith and Aluria were
                          nice enough to hang around anyway. Fortunately, this time we didn't have
                          anybody else competing against us.

The NM finally popped after an hour or more. I called in people (some were on the
                          way already, to help me pop it) and we gathered together. We decided to wait
                          for one more spider pop before pulling. It turned out taking a bit longer than I
                          expected...

I came up with a simple plan for dealing with the NM and repops. We'd use
                          slow/steady damage on the NM until it started spamming 1000 needles. If a
                          spider or cactaur popped on us, I'd blood pact it once, then the two BLMs would
                          nuke it dead. I think it worked pretty well.

We kept fighting the NM, using slow/steady damage. Although our MNK was
                          pulling a lot of hate. It couldn't be helped too much though. -10% physical
                          damage for +4 enmity. (Arhat body/head, although it's not in this picture.)

We pushed on. I eventually ran out of MP and decided to just leave carbuncle out
                          and do what I could to keep people alive with low MP. I believe that was a
                          mistake on my part, and I probably should have just cast stoneskin as needed
                          and rested to either cure more or to do a level 70 blood pact. But hindsight is
                          20-20, or however that saying goes. Aluria ended up dying in the last push to kill
                          the NM.

...But, she was successful. (Even if she did delevel in the process.)

I'm thankful to all the people that camped that thing with me, especially the ones
                          that camped it both days.
                          Last edited by Tirrock; 07-18-2006, 03:54 PM. Reason: Text formatting, so people don't have to scroll over when they want to read what I wrote...
                          Generic Info!

Comment

Working...
                          X