Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the new claim system P***es me off greatly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the new claim system P***es me off greatly.

Careful, some language in here.

Basically, Shikigami weapon was aggroed by a SMN of ours, who was in a different party in the alliance. Cort, our RNG used Shadowbind on it (low hate), and two seconds later, it was voked by another LS. You can see in the picture, Cort, our RNG, used Shadowbind, then it became unbound as the other LS took it. He got the "Target already Claimed. Cannot attack." message. They refused to give it back, saying "Blame SE". But this thread isn't about them. I just hate this new system. Basically, anything less than voke, like Steal, won't claim, if the mob has aggroed. SE needs to fix this. This is very seriously becoming an issue, especially since this isn't the first time.

I know TheGrandMom hates it. Anyone else?
    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Re: Why the new claim system P***es me off greatly.

I think if you were to make a poll, you'd get over 90% "hate it."

I've had this problem in Bibiki, much less painful than losing a yinyang robe, where our puller will tag a Tragopan, then on the way back to camp it'll lose hate and link with the Tragopan another party is fighting along the way. They sleep it, possibly have a situation on their hands, we get accused of mpk and lose the chain. Supaa baka.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

it's weird. when monster aggro other PT and I voke it, it will stay yellow until I do something more to it. gotta do at least 2 things to win the claim.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yea that is totally ridiculous. I hope they fix that because it is so incredibly stupid. First they nerf voke as a claim method and now its the only one you can use if you want to properly claim it? crazy..
        75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
        Woodworking 91.9+2
        ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Yes, it's especially painful, because the SMN it was going to, Onijiro, is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. Sorry if anyone doesn't like me not blotting out names, but we've been accused by the other LS of photoshopping this pic to make it look like we claimed. That's an absolute fallacy. So far, they've not only been harassing our players, but have said things like "Shadowbind won't claim a mob." And, "We're going to go there every day to make sure your LS doesn't get a Yin Yang Robe." WHich means, most of them are just 14 year olds. But, most of the people in my LS are 18+, and we just shrug it off. The RNG, Cort, has found out, that if Shadowbind doesn't claim (which it does), EES does! >: )

I'm tired of dealing with immature 14 year olds in this game. Stuff like this "enhancement" to claiming wouldn't have to happen if people didn't bitch about "botting". Even though there's this patch, that hasn't stopped people, they've just evolved around it.

Double Post Edited:
          Originally posted by Jei
          it's weird. when monster aggro other PT and I voke it, it will stay yellow until I do something more to it. gotta do at least 2 things to win the claim.
          The thing is, it aggroed our allaince, THEN we used Shadowbind. It should have went red, but it didn't. I don't know what the hell is going on, but SE REALLY needs to fix this, or make certain mobs like Shiki Weapon a ??? spawn.

Double Post Edited:
          Post for a third time, lol:

Well, they say what goes around comes around, not only did the LS that stole the mob end up aggroing a Bomb, and then having about 7 of their members die, my LS went and did Genbu and Suzaku.

Genbu was taken from 95% health to 48% Health in one skillchain. The total fight was less than 4 minutes long. Lightningday.

Suzaku was tricky, hit every mage on the platform with about 6 Firaga IIIs, and one of our PLDs ate a Flare. But the PLD was the only one to die. When we killed it, we got every single drop, including a Shining Cloth.
          Last edited by Rodin; 06-21-2006, 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
          90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

I've lost a claim on that same NM because of this system too. I pretty much gave up on shikigami weapon for a while. Camped the thing for weeks and had a hard time claiming it... When I was just getting ToD then I'd run into groups that didn't know how to aggro it. ><
            Generic Info!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard that +enmity and -enmity gears can change the way the claiming works. If this is true, then everyone, including mages, must remove -enmity pieces on their gear until the claim is made. I know most end game mages have f*cktons of -enmity gear and can have less enmity than a THF 20 levels lower than them...

I have an example of how the claim system works great. We slept a robber crab that aggro'd our 3man skillup party in Kuftal Tunnel. WHM casts Sleep, I overwrite it with Sleep II and NIN uses Jubaku and then vokes it. Some WAR from an unseen exp party comes up, hits the crab with a ranged attack and claims it while waking it up (it's now purple to the three of us) He runs back and the crab follows for like 1/2 a second before it comes back to our party with the color turned back to yellow. The WAR vokes it and it turns purple again, and then runs off with our crab. Not even 3 seconds later, it comes back from a long ways, now yellow again and starts to just "hang" with us. Sleep = massive hate and the NIN has a lot of +enmity gear. Makes sense.

Edit: So instead of relying on just Shadowbind, your tanks should've /assist and voked off as well. Start engaging and start fighting. I think SE's trying to reduce pulls made to "convenience" alliances so that they don't have to clear the room or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin
                Careful, some language in here.

Basically, Shikigami weapon was aggroed by a SMN of ours, who was in a different party in the alliance. Cort, our RNG used Shadowbind on it (low hate), and two seconds later, it was voked by another LS. You can see in the picture, Cort, our RNG, used Shadowbind, then it became unbound as the other LS took it. He got the "Target already Claimed. Cannot attack." message. They refused to give it back, saying "Blame SE". But this thread isn't about them. I just hate this new system. Basically, anything less than voke, like Steal, won't claim, if the mob has aggroed. SE needs to fix this. This is very seriously becoming an issue, especially since this isn't the first time.

I know TheGrandMom hates it. Anyone else?
                *$&&^@#(_)@$*(&)&)(*#$ CLAIM SYSTEM!!! GGGRRRRR.....!

They really screwed that crap up. You know SE sometimes you should just admit you made a damn mistake and fix it!
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Has anyone complained to SE about this? I mean, I know it sounds like a silly question, since they would never do anything about it at the time and people on the internet complain all the time. Ok, I guess it is a silly question.

I just want to make sure SE knows what a cock-up they made and how much everyone universally hates it, how many more problems it creates than fixes, etc. Basically, I don't want it to be like a question gets asked about this at the next dev interview and they're like "What? You guys don't like that?"

Comment

I've had issue with the new claiming system from the moment it was described in its "What's Being Implemented this Update" article.

I knew that it would just create more problems than it would fix.
                    All Nations: Rank 10
                    Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                    Chains of Promathia: Complete
                    75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Did it even fix what it was supposed to fix? HNM's that come unclaimed, is it still easy for other LS's to steal?

I can't imagine that someone hasn't sent about 1000 gm calls because of situations like this, and seeing how those will all be answered with "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do, feel free to leave feedback in the comments/suggestions area" or however that goes. Surely there have been plenty of people complaining to SE about this. But you never know, everyone assumes everyone else has gone through the proper channels to file their grievance, its possible nothing has really been said to them directly. Atleast in large enough numbers for them to really take notice.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

This claiming thing is a problem sometime for us blue, i think I speak for all of us when we let the mob beat us up to learn a spell and it *de* claim , it happened so many times to me and someone come kill the mob (the mob already has too low if I attack it, it dies so anyway) but still kinda annoying when you letting the monster build up tp and someone kills it just for the hell of it.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by Awilo
                          This claiming thing is a problem sometime for us blue, i think I speak for all of us when we let the mob beat us up to learn a spell and it *de* claim , it happened so many times to me and someone come kill the mob (the mob already has too low if I attack it, it dies so anyway) but still kinda annoying when you letting the monster build up tp and someone kills it just for the hell of it.
                          For what it's worth, the people doing this most of the time are probably just uninformed and think they're helping. It does look pretty newbish to be sitting there with your weapon drawn and your back to the mob while it beats on you.
                          Originally posted by Caspian
                          But you never know, everyone assumes everyone else has gone through the proper channels to file their grievance, its possible nothing has really been said to them directly. Atleast in large enough numbers for them to really take notice.
                          What exactly is the proper channel to complain to SE about this kind of thing? We should make a thread with a link to whatever the proper channel is asking people to voice their opinion to SE if they don't like the new MPK changes and put it on the front page. I'm sure they'd end up getting a more than a few "zomg $E j00 sux I h8 j00 fix ur stoopid game" messages that way, but maybe a large volume of those messages peppered with some well constructed arguements and examples from other people will make SE turn its head.

Comment

I think you get to it from POL somewhere. But I've never used it, so don't quote me on that.
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Found the appropriate mail form. I'll work on something.

Comment

Working...
                              X