Crawler Farming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawler Farming

and here is just a bunch of stuff I picked up on my way back to windy....I like playing with fire

Double Post Edited:
    one little question, is it normal to be running around linking crawlers, and all of a sudden have them all dissappear?

happens all the time

also, how do they put the thumbnail on the topic page????
    Last edited by Lambeaus; 06-20-2006, 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
    DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
    BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
    Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Re: Crawler Farming

Originally posted by Lambeaus

and here is just a bunch of stuff I picked up on my way back to windy....I like playing with fire

Double Post Edited:
    one little question, is it normal to be running around linking crawlers, and all of a sudden have them all dissappear?

happens all the time
    It's been like that since the December update. After training for a little while, any mobs you didn't attack or use an ability/spell on will eventually disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus

happens all the time
      Sounds like the anti-mpk despawn thing. If you lose hate on a mob, and are outside the area it normall wanders, it'll disappear. Hate does gradually decay after you claim a mob, so if you're not doing anything to maintain it, this wouldn't surprise me at all.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

I don't run around linking things (even for fun), because I think it's a prickish way to monopolize the mobs in a zone, especially a newbie zone, but that's me. So I haven't noticed that phenomenon.

Basically if my fun comes at the expense of someone else's fun, then I look elsewhere for a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
          Sounds like the anti-mpk despawn thing. If you lose hate on a mob, and are outside the area it normall wanders, it'll disappear. Hate does gradually decay after you claim a mob, so if you're not doing anything to maintain it, this wouldn't surprise me at all.
          bummer

Double Post Edited:
          Originally posted by Aelathir
          I don't run around linking things (even for fun), because I think it's a prickish way to monopolize the mobs in a zone, especially a newbie zone, but that's me. So I haven't noticed that phenomenon.

Basically if my fun comes at the expense of someone else's fun, then I look elsewhere for a good time.
          relax, there weren't many people in the area, if even five for that manner.
          Last edited by Lambeaus; 06-20-2006, 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir

Sadly enough, GM's approve this behavior if asked if its ok or not. Yellow name = fair game.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

so what I did that one night was a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                Sadly enough, GM's approve this behavior if asked if its ok or not. Yellow name = fair game.
                Oh, I know. But I won't do it, and I don't take kindly to anyone else that does. If someone I know is like "Lolz, I'm training everything in Saruta", I'll respond with "Way to be an asshole."

Lambeaus, It's just a pet peeve of mine (maybe I should list it in that thread).

Comment

:|

Comment

If you do it in a place at a time when there is no one else around to claim the mobs thats one thing. If you do it in say, Sarutabaruta where there are always low levels trying to level up, its kinda eh.

As for why they disappear - especially if you farm in saruta - if you cross water crawlers won't track you.

Comment

The reason I don't like training mobs in newbie zones, is becuase while you're trailing around all those crawlers, those mobs aren't respawning for people who are just trying to get exp in the area. Or other farmers, even. I just think it's kind of inconsiderate, but I know not everyone sees things that way.

Comment

If you can survive and kill a huge train of mobs, I don't see any more problem with leveraging that to your advantage than being able to kill the mobs faster than another player. Farming against someone sucks no matter what you or the other person is doing, especially when the pops are limited like the Death Jackets in the front of CN, so I try to avoid it unless I'm just in a mood where dammit I'm getting my items tonight. Train farming someone else's exp mobs is definately "prickish." Like a couple people I know like to train farm lizards in valkurm to piss off the newbs. ><
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

There's nothing wrong with training Lam, but like Aelathir said, if it comes at the expense of another's fun, then it's bad. So until someone sends you /tell or just shows by way of emote or something that you're stealing thier mobs, train all you want! Farm them suckas good!
                          Last edited by Ryddr; 06-20-2006, 12:49 PM. Reason: Grammar yo ftw :p

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

yea its not nice. but you know, the sad thing about this game is taht there are little to no conseqeunces to actions like these. so being the nice guy will (more so than RL) get you assed out for sure.

/shrug
                            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I can't think of many occasions where being nice has blown up in my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X