Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faluzure's Hi-Res Shots (NOT BANDWIDTH FRIENDLY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faluzure
    Oh btw, did you message me on FFXI the other day? Someone messaged me with a ":O Level 63" and never said anything else.
    Nope; I haven't been on FFXI in weeks (and it's killing me :dead: ) because my connection at home is dead in my room (where FFXI is installed) and active only on the family computer (which my parents won't let me install the game on. )

Rank 10 All Nations
    Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
    Assault Rank: Captain
    Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
    Unique Quests complete: 465
    Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Faluzure from WC3??

Comment

and as a BLM are you jealous of Taru at high level?

Comment

Really great pics. Post as many as you can!!!
          Some people believe in God.
          I believe in Final Fantasy...

Comment

wow really nice pics ^^

Comment

Originally posted by aemonabyss
              Faluzure from WC3?? and as a BLM are you jealous of Taru at high level?
              From an earlier post in this thread on page 3.
              As for my name...yeah. I'm that guy. I officially retired on July 30th.

Classic:
              http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/W...rName=Faluzure#

TFT:
              http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/W...erName=Faluzure

As for me being jealous of Taru BLMs. No? Why would I be? Yeah, their INT stats are a lot higher than Elvaans, but in battle at the same level, the damage difference only ranges from 10-40 points more if we cast the same spell. 10-50 damage isn't that big of a deal to me.

As for the mana argument, at high level (espec. with JP parties, I haven't played with an NA player for more than a month) its unnoticeable. Yeah, Tarus have 100-200+ more mana than I do at the same level. Depending on the party, the fights usually go so fast at high level, I never run out of mana or have a long downtime.

At high level, you can always count on a RDM or BRD to be in your group. So immediately after killing 1 mob, the puller goes out & finds another. I rest for only about 1-2 ticks which equates to ~60 mana + 30 mana from Refresh. Not to mention Refresh is constantly adding mana during battle.

If you don't have an RDM or BRD in your party (this has happened to me twice within 1 week), you can always count on your PT having high damage output. The Party config consisted of a WHM, BLM (me), THF, SAM, DRK, PLD. Sam links up 2 separate skillchains for the DRK & THF. PLD holds agro. With Sneak Attack + Trick Attack + Dancing Edge, expect no less than 600+ damage at my level. Same goes for the DRK (Guillotine + Sneak/Trick), that pumps out 600+ damage also. Battles at this level with that combo go so fast, Pineapple juice is enough to keep me up & running. (Rangers have also been a great asset to parties, as Sidewinder without a Bard will pump out 800+ damage. With a Bard, expect 1000+ damage.) Add those damage totals to a Magic Burst done by me, it should range from 200-500 damage (depending on the spell). Expect whatever mob we're fighting to fall pretty fast...

I think the difference between Taru BLMS vs other race BLMs were a lot noticeable at lower levels. At lower levels, you don't find players to use a lot of food. In addition, RDMs don't have Refresh and Bards only had Mage Ballad 1. BRDs are really rare compared to other jobs and they are usually snatched up as fast as they become available for PT. So having a caster that's not a taru would equate to long downtimes unless you had kickass melee party members. But as I said before at high level, its unnoticeable due to mana regen effects. When the mobs you fight have 2500+ HP, the 10-50 damage difference from Taru to Elvaan casting the same spell means nothing.
              Character: Faluzure
              Server: Quetzalcoatl
              Jobs: BLM75/RDM75/SMN75/WHM75
              Linkshell:
              Black Mage Profile
              Red Mage Profile
              Summoner Profile

Comment

Question to Thread Readers:

First of all, thanks for all the positive comments you've left me throughout the thread. I hope to keep this thread running for as long as I play the game.

Anyway, I have a question for you guys. The current method for me posting pictures is indeed bandwidth heavy, especially for those with slow connections. For those of you that just want to read the comments, it forces you to download these pics. I thought maybe an alternative would be for me to post links to the pics & you can click on them to view them in another window (kinda like how they are done in other threads).

So the question is, do you want me to keep posting the way I'm doing it now or to post URL "attachments" so you have to click on them to see the picture? I can do either, I'm just looking to help make this thread better. Please post your comments or PM me.
                Linkshell:
                Black Mage Profile
                Red Mage Profile
                Summoner Profile

Comment

I dont care, both is fine to me as long as we get more nice shots

Comment

I'll try it the other way, to see how you guys like it.

My Taru Ninja PT member & I overlooking the Boyahda Tree

Talk about a Scary Mandragora

Party Shot #1 (Mithra Sam, Taru RDM)

Party Shot #2 (Mithra SAM, Taru RDM, Taru WHM, Hume WAR, Taru NIN)

Party Shot #3 (Mithra SAM, Taru RDM, Taru WHM, Taru NIN)

Is it better?
                    Linkshell:
                    Black Mage Profile
                    Red Mage Profile
                    Summoner Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Faluzure

Talk about a Scary Mandragora
                      Exactly what I was thinking. o_O

As for the new posting method, it's kinda annoying clicking the link then having to hit the back button and so on for each picture, but that's just my lazy side talking, and if I ever get stuck on a computer with dial-up, I'm sure I'd be very appreciative of this new posting method, so I say keep doing it that way.

Rank 10 All Nations
                      Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                      Assault Rank: Captain
                      Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                      Unique Quests complete: 465
                      Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrial Arthian
                        As for the new posting method, it's kinda annoying clicking the link then having to hit the back button and so on for each picture, but that's just my lazy side talking, and if I ever get stuck on a computer with dial-up, I'm sure I'd be very appreciative of this new posting method, so I say keep doing it that way.
                        Yeah, that's what I was thinking (the annoying part). The title of the thread does say "not bandwidth friendy", but I'm not sure of a good way to approach this. We'll see what the other readers say. I also thought about putting thumbnails with links to the full picture, but that's a lot of work (espec. for the last post I did with 50-something pictures...)
                        Linkshell:
                        Black Mage Profile
                        Red Mage Profile
                        Summoner Profile

Comment

a picture of a high level monk kicking ass would be great :spin:
                          Great pictures!
                          Currently Playing:
                          City of Heroes

Comment

I prefer the old method for the same reason; I'm lazy
                            stop the hate

Comment

Very excellent pictures! Keep up the wonderful work!

Comment

Amazing job done on the pictures, they look great.

I have one question though, where could I download/find the program that allows you to take screenshots without the dialog boxes open. I read earlier in the thread that it was called 'Fraps', but I haven't found anything on it yet.

Thanks
                                Other=> http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?5733
                                Main Set=>http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?24049
                                Uber Slug Shot XD=>http://eswiig.e-port.no/pub/images/xbow.png
                                LiveJournal=> http://www.livejournal.com/users/rukenshin/

Name: RuKenshin
                                Race: Elvaan
                                Jobs: 75-RNG / 37-NIN / 55-WAR / 25-THF / 15 MNK / 10 BST / 10 WHM / 16 SAM
                                Server: -Seraph-
                                Currently: Going onto CH5 in CoP missons :D

Comment

Working...
                                X