Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first attempt (with patience and effort) at a full body drawing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first attempt (with patience and effort) at a full body drawing...

Hi, I've only posted a few times but I've been looking at your drawings and think they're great. The Mithra PUP looks to be your best one yet.

I like her pose but some things just make her seem a bit off. Her head looks like it needs to be more centered in between her shoulders. Not sure how to explain it but right now it looks like she moved her head sideways over her shoulder without leaning it then tilted her head forward like she's looking for someone down the way. Anyway just looks a bit uncomfortable to me.

Another thing that seems off, maybe it's just me, but it looks like her thighs are way too long compared to the rest of her body. Maybe just shorten them a bit, might also emphesize her sitting pose as well.

Her right arm also seems to be too rigid. I can't really tell where her elbow is except for some lines that seem to indicate shading, there's really no bend to the arm like I see in her left. It might just be the angle but it looks like her right wrist is bigger than her upper arm as well.

I love that she's sitting, she has that air of waiting for someone to show up. The clothes, her puppet, and pose (face included) all look great. So please accept amiration from someone who can't even draw a stick figure right; and maybe someone more experienced in drawing can better explain what I was saying in the above paragraphs. Keep up the good work ^^
    My siggy

Comment

I've made her legs shorted and tried defining the arm a bit more:

X3

I'll keep tweaking it

Comment

a world of improvement on the original
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

This was going to be a rough sketch but I ended up spending more time on it then I originally thought I would:

Comment

the taru's left eye is a bit off

the hume's right hand is humongous.. but thats because the clothes seem to be made of plastic instead of gravity-pulled fabric XD

good work though, looks very detailed!

Comment

Thanks There's a few flaws with it but I didn't mind too much XD I coloured it too:

And here's another I did in a similar style:

Comment

wow.

i LOVE this type of drawing... sketchy and rough but so detailed

very nice work

Comment

Your coloring has gotten much better. It looks a whole lot more natural now and also gives your drawings a distinctive look. Very nice. Also, I like the foreshortening and composition on the second drawing. Throwing the Elvaan COR in there makes it not look awkward since if you had thrown the Mithra in there alone, it look pretty awkward to have that Hexagun barrel as tall as her and taking up the entire left half of the image.

Keep it up.

Comment

I've done a few pictures since I last posted but I only like posting the ones I think I put more effort into on here XD

So here's the next:
                    I used the FoV book as a reference instead because it's prettier than the SCH one >_> This was for an art trade on DA.

Comment

• Re: My first attempt (with patience and effort) at a full body drawing...

Originally posted by fallenintoshadows View Post

Moogles are already uber mages, they don't need to read. Awesome and epic drawings ^^.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

• Re: My first attempt (with patience and effort) at a full body drawing...

WOW seriously nice artwork.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X