help i need ideas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help i need ideas!!

Hey, first off if this is in the wrong place please move it. OK. I am drawing a storybook cover for college and I decided to do it on my ffxi character. The title is "The Mis-Adventures of Kaisamoht: The Klutzy Tarutaru!" I am very at a loss for ideas on ways to depict my little taru on the cover.

I have some ideas like; have him falling off of a running chocobo, or accidentally chain a bunch of enemies..... I was also thinking of making him either be in full rdm af or just in the rse gear..... ya so i need some more ideas cause I am out of it right now and a rough is due soon!

OH NO!!!

The Tarutaru I am is in my signature....

So, what I ask is just some helpful suggestion on how to depict him. The funnier the better! Thanks for the suggestions in advance lol!!
    Thank you very much to Selphiie for this sig!

Re: help i need ideas!!

while im not a taru i have a few as freinds. one really funny thing i saw was my buddy die in garbage citadel on the stairs. he had dissapeared into the steps leaving only his shadow and feet visible. he looked like a greasy taru mark. i took a pic of me /poking him like that and posted it on KI. but that was along time back. i doubt i still have the pic at home. but you could use that for part of your story.
    Death and taxes...
    Death and taxes...
    DEATH and taxes...
    I think I like it.

Comment

Heyo.

I just scribbled this down on to a piece of scrap paper at work. Apologies for the lack of drawing talent, but hopefully you get the idea of what I was getting at. ^_^

Just one of many possible front designs obviously. Whatever you end up with, I wish you the best of luck with it^^
      Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

i replied to you on lbr =P
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

The scene unfolding before my eyes is a great idea for you.
          Theres a tarutaru BLM, low level.
          He looks around to see if theres anything around, and he sees a sapling.
          He starts casting a spell, and BAM. A Bomb smashes him in the back of the head.
          c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Proud hater of Windows Vista since Windows XP Service Pack Two!

My limit break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you cant skip any of the cutscenes.
          She's coming around for another pass! Do we Fight, Use an Item, or Run?
          FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN? DECIDE!

Dont look a gift lion in the mouth!

Perscription strength Assault!
          Side effects may include joint pain, loss of mobility, and fainting.

Comment

Those are great! This got the comedic juices flowing. Keep em coming guys!
            Last edited by kai_samoht; 04-11-2008, 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

On the fly i can picture your tarutaru walking through the woods some where and ends up tripping on a tree root at the exact moment an ork is about to play batting practice with his head... if I could draw I'd help but I cant xD
              sigpic

Comment

I don't know how good you guys think this is, but it took me about 1 and 1/2 hours to draw. This is just a rough still need to refine and color it in for next week, but tell me what ya guys think.

P.S. I didn't know how to put it in the text box so I'll add it as an attachment. Also, the scanner kinda made it look funky, but it was done it pencil lightly and the building in the background was shaded in light black. Sorry, if it shows up upside down as well lol. just rotate in previewer
                Attached Files

Comment

Haha, that's great.

Raised a genuine chuckle, it did.

Your Taru and the mandies have been pretty much nailed, overall poses and expressions are spot on. Consider making your tree a bit more top-heavy or slimming the trunk or something in your final draft (in this rough draft, it looks just a little out of proportion) and be careful with the positioning and/or construction of the book's title so its impact isn't lost from background.

Looking forward to seeing the finished result! Good luck with it^^

EDIT: Oh, and also you don't really need both a colon and parentheses. One or the other is fine (personally I'd opt for parantheses, or even just a simple comma).
                  Last edited by Deeke; 04-14-2008, 02:14 PM.
                  Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

Working...
                  X