Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New sigblock

Originally posted by cyrusblaze View Post
    As for "no one cares' that could be applied to 90% of other signatures, various quotes no one cares about, quotes about the person ect ect so that point is pointless.
    Yes. But he's asking for feedback. I didn't just randomly decide to comment on his sig. He asked.

Of course it's no one's business but his own what is in there, ultimately. But if he's asking, he should be prepared for people to tell him what they think.

Comment

Also ALL OF YOU NEED TO GO PLAY PHOENIX WRIGHT

srsly.

Comment

Seconded.

But yes, I'm not taking this as pure negative criticism. I think our leader uses this as a model for different reasons though :

-Listing all jobs and their level, when in a LS forum, can be useful to see who has a job within your level range. I agree that unlocked ones miht be superflous, but that might be due to the next reason.

- One sigblock for all : The model is the basis for every other LS member sigblocks he made, so to avoid having to delete, modify and respace it everytime, it's easier to elave it there and just add characters and background picture. Though the model did change, or should we say got better and sleeker, the base model is still there.

Back on the LS side of things, I do agree that all of those are highly unecessary for in the case of public boards like this one, I won't argue that at all. What you call 'medals' are more or less pointers within a LS forum, like who has completed COP and can be asked for help and such. Though the Campaign rank is highly for 'medal' only as it serves no other immediate purpose unlike Assault ranks.

As for here I was looking for comments and criticism on my work, and yes every kind of criticism is allowed in that regard and should be taken in consideration. The end result is personal wish/wants, but there's still always something that can be done better.

Yet personally it was more to see if you liked the Phoenix Wright style of it than for the bottom part of it Not that I said anything about that either, since all criticism is good.

Comment

As the one who makes these sigblocks, lemme go ahead and break down the "points" behind everything.

One point is, obviously, that I use a base template for every sigblock I make. Granted, there's a "lite" version that I have a template for, but most people seem to enjoy the "full" version.

Mostly, this was supposed to not be a way to "show off", but be an all-encompassing piece of information about your character. Job lvls, mission info, assault rank -- these are mostly for people to get an idea of where you are with your character. Granted, it may seem like it's boasting, but it's not.

Yes, this sigblock is mostly for use on a linkshell forum, and this is where it's usefulness comes into play. Personally, I use it on other forums as well, and, on average get at least one request a week from people wanting my style of sigblock.

To take from some of the replies to this thread:

Simple is not always better, especially if you don't feel that, artistically, it's "good enough." There's not a whole lot I can add to, or even take from, these sigblocks without them feeling cluttered or empty in my eyes. Ultimately, as I'm the one making them, I decide if it's a work that's worth being shown to others.

And on the arguement that it's too busy, too flashy, too brag-ey, or whatever... what's a sigblock for, then, if not to show something about yourself, whether it be something simple like a quote, or something a bit flashier, like a sigblock.

I've seen some god-awful sigblocks in my time. But I've also seen some really really good ones. It's all about the amount of heart put into it, just like any other piece of artwork. When I make my sigblocks, I try to get poses and such that reflect the person I'm making it for -- no two sigblocks look exactly alike, even though they branch from the same template.

Take this how you will, I just see alot of people with slightly negative comments, so I felt the need to speak up.

Also, yes, you all need to go play Phoenix Wright right now. (I thought someone would like the "OBJECTION!" I tossed in there. :D)

.:Leader of Dimensional Death:.

Comment

Simple is not always better
            Yes it is.

More information can be useful, but a signature image is not the place for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              Yes it is.

More information can be useful, but a signature image is not the place for it.
              Says you. Though, this is your opinion and you're entitled to it, this is not /my/ opinion, nor is it the opinion of everyone else. Not everyone's gonna see it your way.

If I wanted to turn the tables, I don't think a signature is a place to put a playlist of the last few tracks of music you listened to. I don't really like the music on there, so that bit of information isn't useful.

See how easy that works? Two way street. ^^

Comment

Perhaps, except for a few things:

1- I don't play FFXI any more, so my character would be out of place, not to mention boring.
                2- The information is simple, and presented in an easy to read format. There is no information that cannot be easily identified without a teeny bit of common sense; unlike your signatures.
                3- By your own admission, along with my own earlier on, whether the information is useful or not is unimportant. The problem with having information in a signature image is that it is not updated easily. This, however, is.

The point isn't that I don't like the signatures, they're alright. The point is that simplicity is good, and those signatures are not simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post

The point isn't that I don't like the signatures, they're alright. The point is that simplicity is good, and those signatures are not simple.

Then here's the simple question: Why bother replying to a sigblock opinion thread to begin with if you don't even like them? lol

Simple things for simple people, ne?

Comment

Why bother replying to a sigblock opinion thread to begin with if you don't even like them?
                    Why bother asking for opinions if all you want is a great big "oh yeah all our sigs are so awesome" circlejerk? You do understand what an opinion is, right?

Simple things for simple people, ne?
                    Cute, but no.

Comment

I return back to my question: If you don't like sigblocks -- and this thread is very obviously about sigblocks -- then why do you even reply? lol

Also -- if you don't play FFXI anymore, how much sense does it make to continue to post on an FFXI forum?

Not to mention -- how many times will you try to get the last word? :D I can keep this up forever. :3

Comment

1- Because I do like some of them. Yours != All. Sorry if it hurts to admit it, but people can think your art is bad without thinking all art is bad. If you don't want opinions, tell your LS members not to use their signatures publicly. If you want opinions, don't get butthurt when they don't agree with you.
                        2- Plenty.
                        3- What makes you think I'm trying to get the last word? I'm discussing a subject. That's kinda what you do on forums.

Comment

lol You amuse me. :D You're getting so heated over something so... simple. lmao

Comment

Coming from a third party perspective, but... Feba doesn't sound heated at all. You seem to be the one getting flustered.
                            Originally posted by Ellipses
                            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                            Originally posted by MCLV
                            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                            More Sig:

Comment

Ah, but Onionsoilder, it's much easier to get people upset when you claim they are upset. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy for many people.

Unfortunately for this person, though, I've trolled plenty myself. I usually realize when those sorts of tactics are being used.

Either that, or he's got his head far enough up his own ass that he assumes that anyone who criticizes his art must be completely unreasonable.

Comment

Trolling? No, not my intent. Originally I popped in to speak up for a friend, and then immediately got "jumped" on by Feba.

But oh well. I've had my fun. Flustered? Nah. Highly amused though. lol Gonna go ahead and leave this place behind again, though, now that I've seen it's /still/ not worth my time. Thanks Feba!

Comment

Working...
                                X