New sigblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sigblock

Made this one on a whim, for fun mostly, and as a personal challenge as I'm still a novice at Photoshop. I've done alot of things on CorelDraw, but Photoshop still has alot of grey areas.

But thought I'd share Tell me what you think.
    Attached Files

Re: New sigblock

Are those all you?

I can't help but feel its awesomeness would only go up exponentially if there were multiple characters involved in that signature.

Also, the "Dimensional Death" and "Judge Jury Executioner" tags seemed completely unnecessary.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

way too busy. Background is good, but you really need more variety in characters.

Bottom should just plain be removed. Too busy, but on top of that it will probably be outdated in a month. Updating image sigs is just silly.

Comment

Dimensional Death is my Linkshell, and the Judge Jury Excutionner a sort of title we give to people in the LS, but I know what you mean

And yes, they are all me. The idea is that all of those are my high level jobs. I thought about placing them like this.

Comment

Also, the "Dimensional Death" and "Judge Jury Executioner" tags seemed completely unnecessary.
          Agreed. They're arbitrary, look out of place, border on "dangerously corny," and if you need to give yourself titles like those then it just looks like you're trying too hard to be cool.

EDIT:
          Dimensional Death is my Linkshell,
          Then it would help if you write "Dimensional Death LS" or something of the sort, and if it didn't block the characters so much.

Comment

Well, to explain what it comes from, perhaps my old sigblock will help.

This is the sigblock made by our LS' leader when he feels like it :

http://ddeath.overminddl1.com/forum/...tach=135;image

So that's where I started when I wanted to mess with photoshop to make a new one of my own.

Thanks for the tips thought I should probably rework a few things about it.

Comment

Am I the only one that liked it?
              My only suggestion is to rearrange the way you listed the jobs. Have your 75s and 37s together instead of putting the job list in order.

I liked the clever idea of making your characters look as if they were in a court room.
              Judge, Jury, Executioner. I got it right away. Very creative

Oh, another suggestion is to make your rank stuff smaller, like how your guild leader made it. I just think it takes up too much room.

P.S. You wrote Executionner. Its spelled executioner
              Ketski : Carbuncle
              Tarutaru: PLD 40 WHM 31 BLM 27 WAR 28 MNK 27

Comment

Originally posted by Ketski View Post
                Am I the only one that liked it?
                My only suggestion is to rearrange the way you listed the jobs. Have your 75s and 37s together instead of putting the job list in order.

I liked the clever idea of making your characters look as if they were in a court room.
                Judge, Jury, Executioner. I got it right away. Very creative

Oh, another suggestion is to make your rank stuff smaller, like how your guild leader made it. I just think it takes up too much room.

P.S. You wrote Executionner. Its spelled executioner
                Thank you! I thought it was really good too.
                It tells a story. I like that.

And busy is good, it draws attention. It had me starring at it for awhile in interest.

Keep up the good work, man.
                In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                Yeah, It’s true.
                It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

And busy is good, it draws attention.
                  busy is bad. Very very bad.

Simple is better.

Period.

Comment

Well my LS leader took the file and played with it some more, compare. He's alot better than I am with Photoshop XD I still got a ways to go, but it's good to try new things on your own too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's much better. Cleaner lines, not nearly as much conflict trying to look at it.

That said, it's a bit too big, and there's still too much info there.

Comment

The thing is, no one but you really cares about those details like your job levels. I mean, why does it matter that you have never leveled PUP or BLU or DRG? Why are you listing jobs you haven't even bothered to unlock? If you haven't done any Bastok Missions, why list the country at all?

On the other hand, it's your sig. But if you're asking for feedback, this is the sort of thing you're going to get. Most people are just looking for interesting graphical sigs, or funny sigs. People don't care about accomplishment sigs.

Comment

It's not that, Murphie. I understand wanting to display your accomplishments and trophies and such, I do it myself. It's just that building them as part of an image signature is exceedingly unwise.

Comment

I understand it too. I'm just explaining that no one else cares. And whether it's a part of the image or not, it's still mostly superfluous information.

Comment

I agree on the extra info not needed (jobs only lvl 1 or not unlocked, and missions for other countries you havnt done)

But overall I like the way it looks and I think it looks cool. If I still had my old account I would have someone make something very similar to this for myself.
                              As for "no one cares' that could be applied to 90% of other signatures, various quotes no one cares about, quotes about the person ect ect so that point is pointless.

Its your sig put in it what you want, if someone doesnt like it, thats thier problem not yours. Put in it what you want.

I like the 'Objection!' in the second one, gives it a mor of a court feel to it :D

Comment

Working...
                              X