Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After taking 90 minutes to make my sig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After taking 90 minutes to make my sig...

How do you rate it and how do ya'll like it?

Also, what can I add to it to make it better.

I dont have photoshop or anything so it took a longggg time to make.
    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Re: After taking 90 minutes to make my sig...

FF4!!!
    For not having photoshop, I like what you managed to do with whatever you had to work with. I like the faded dark knight Cecil sprites in the lower right, maybe fade the paladin Cecil in the lower left? Also, your text looks good, again for having nothing to work with, but Id take black and fill in those little white pixels on the outer edges. Again, I really like what you did manage to do. Most people wouldnt even try, good effort!

Comment

Its good man for what u hav to work with Just if u have a place to save pics use the Url and post pics
      Taker of Life Reaper of Sould I Have no Soul I am the GRIM REAPER

Comment

thanks. and if you BEAT FF4 the reason i faded the dark side is because....

If you remember he isnt dark knight for very long and turns into a holy paladin. the fading represents him fading away from the dark side becoming a paladin.

Comment

Wouldn't he need to fade in the other direction though, since he moves from the darkness to the light? It looks kinda like <---.--->, rather than <---.---<. I'd edit out the white around the name in the center as well. Overall good job, Cecil is .
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyclown
            Wouldn't he need to fade in the other direction though, since he moves from the darkness to the light? It looks kinda like <---.--->, rather than <---.---<. I'd edit out the white around the name in the center as well. Overall good job, Cecil is .
            i cant get rid of the white. i tried so many times.

Comment

The white around the letters is a normal result when you use Paint, I remember seeing that often. Its due to the anti-pixelization (anti-aliasing) that makes letters look smoother and rounder. When you try to cut them off manually, the 'white' near the letters start blending with the contour of the letters. Its hard to completly get rid of it because of that.

You'd need to remake or find the lettering on a black background, and then cut it out in the same way to make them disapear. Or else do it on a white background.

Comment

It's really easy to use paint to take out the white. Here, did it in like 5 min, not perfect but most of the white is gone. Used paint btw.

Here's a free program that's sorta like a mini photoshop that helps alot Paint .net.

Here's something I just whipped up in Paint .net to show you what it can do

Last edited by Zamphire; 08-24-2006, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Photoshop is very nice. If you can't afford it, download The Gimp:

http://www.gimp.org/

It's Gnu, It's Free, It's awesomely...ok. Not Photoshop, but free is free right?

Comment

While I personally haven't had time to give GIMP a try yet, I have plenty of friends who stand by it, even preferring to use it for professional (read: paying the bills, not just high quality) works over photoshop.

Comment

GIMP is abit annoying to use imho.

what caught my eye lately is Paint.NET
                      very nice and free as well.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

just downloaded paint.net imma try it out later on

Comment

Working...
                        X