• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky and Elizabeth
    replied
    Re: How To Speak N00b - A Guide - COMMENTARY

Originally posted by Hitori View Post
    Yes, the "n00b" has evolved from a handful of people to an actual species. It's true that they're disguised as every other player, but isn't there a way to identify them BEFORE you have the misfortune of interacting with them? Yes, yes there is.

A good way to alert yourself and those around you of a possible n00b nearby is to look at their name. Many n00bs often choose the cliche, overused names based off of their favorite anime or game such and Dragonball Z, Yu-gi-OH, Inuyasha and the Final Fantasy series. These names are often horribly mispelled due to the fact that the original names are quickly taken.

Do note that this isn't a sure-fire way to identify a n00b before interacting with them. This is simply a good way to know to approach with caution as there is a high possibility that that player may be a part of the n00b species.

Heehee, I loved this guide on Alla, thank you for reposting it here! ^_^
    I have meet some players with character names.

Originally posted by Tif View Post
    Maybe I'm a sucker, but I find helping people makes the game more fun, so I've been the victim of episode 5 more times then I can count. Though I've also met some really awesome people that way.
    I have helps some excellent players starting out. Then later they so surpassed me cause I'm a sometimes player not a constant player, or maybe I'm just bad at the game.

Originally posted by Taodyn View Post
    Thanks, Icemage. Makes the guide much cleaner.

Now, I just have to make it funnier. ><;
    Is that possible?

Originally posted by Kurb View Post
    O my God the Holy shame of it all I was actually a noob Thanks to the tireless efforts of my LS I'm now a newb ...thanks Newbreed
    I might of been a Noob or a Newb that nver grew up. I don't know anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Kurb
    replied

O my God the Holy shame of it all I was actually a noob Thanks to the tireless efforts of my LS I'm now a newb ...thanks Newbreed

Leave a comment:

• Quatermass
    replied

Another wonderful article by the man who brought you "GM Dave".

Now, for my spin, a n00b scan of the brain.

Originally posted by Brain scanner
    Scanning started.

Cerebrum............. ERROR! Frontal lobes atrophied.

ERROR! Broca's area severely impaired.

Thalamus.................ERROR! Very low levels of integration or memory retention.

Limbic system.............ERROR! Dopamine levels low. Muscle coordination impaired. Amygdala impaired. Lack of empathy or social graces.

Cerebellum...................ERROR! Lack of motor coordination. Little problem solving skills.

Brain-stem....................Intact.

Evaluation...............

ERROR!
    ERROR!
    ERROR!

NON-HUMAN LIFEFORM!

COMMENCE IMMOLATION PROCESS!

Burn it! Burn it NOOOOWWWW!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Taskmage
    replied

Originally posted by Dragonly
    will there be a section on n00b breeding? how do noobs come to past these form.
    Ooo I want a blue n00b

Leave a comment:

• Dragonly
    replied

will there be a section on n00b breeding? how do noobs come to past ?
    Last edited by Dragonly; 06-27-2006, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CHAOBLACKDOOM
    replied
    Re: How To Speak N00b - A Guide

I love you. Make a character on Quetzalcoatl. Did I mention I love you?

Leave a comment:

• Lucky and Elizabeth
    replied
    A Former One, and still might be

I was a Noob once or maybe I was a Newb, but I made several Noob Mistakes.

1.) I was partying in the dunes and trying to figure out how my Macros worked and uded a Range Atatck and got my party killed.

2.) I was trying to do a RDM/THF combo and I healed a new player trying to be nice and then he wouldn't leave me alone. Asking for gil. Instead of giving it to him, I partyed with him so he coul get it him self.

The next day as soon as I got on, he started chatting with me, wanting more help. I formed a party with him and a friend of mine. Then quicky logged and went to the amusment park, leaving my friend stuck with him (Bad I know, but I needed an escape)

Well aperntly he was invited to my LS, so now not only does he bug me, but all others too, he was eventually kicked from LS and another too I found out. His reputaion is well know on my sevever. All because I decied to heal him.

Leave a comment:

• Taodyn
    replied

Buy a drill.

Leave a comment:

• Praetorian13
    replied

Simply put, this has to be some of the funniest stuff i've read from a FFXI forum! Please keep the posts coming. These almost make me want to find a n00b and try to teach it right from wrong.....(if it can be done that is)

Leave a comment:

• Havokmage
    replied
    Re: How To Speak N00b - A Guide

Hahahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Rodin
    replied

OMG, I'm at work, and when I read the part about catching the noob, I laughed and ended up spitting coke onto my keyboard. ; ;

Leave a comment:

• Suichi
    replied

I'm Suichi-chan.

And I approve this thread.

Funny stuff.

Leave a comment:

• fastcart
    replied

Omg! Episode 12. ^^ It's great!

Leave a comment:

• Taodyn
    replied

Just head to the Fan Works section and you'll find it stickied at the top.

I'm going to post the old episodes up to 12 at random and then write more as time permits.

Leave a comment:

• nazlfrag
    replied

Could you link to the 'guide' in these comments then? It's been a while since I read it, great stuff ^^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X