Clear All

Re: OMG! playonline viewer has stopped working windows 7

Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Actually I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Tanaka said they've done.
      If they had rewritten the entire thing from scratch you wouldn't be getting any updates for another 3 or 4 years.

Comment

I'm just telling you what he said on camera, that they've basically rewritten the game from the ground up (minus the character models obviously because that would just be so much work it's not even funny) and as a result of this, the old limitions no longer apply. I'm paraphrasing slightly but that's the gist of what he said.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I love this kinda stuff because it allows me to comment that this is what people were asking for way back when Rapture (XIV) tech demo came out. People were like "ZOMG they are porting the game!" And others were like "We only need them to upgrade the engine so it uses all the awesome GPUs of today but using the same assets we already have! And it will be awesome!"

Ahhh, good times.

PS > Of course, I can't end this post on a positive note so I'll just say this: Almost 6 freaking years later? Yeah, SE should've kicked Tanaka out back then.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            I'm just telling you what he said on camera, that they've basically rewritten the game from the ground up (minus the character models obviously because that would just be so much work it's not even funny) and as a result of this, the old limitions no longer apply. I'm paraphrasing slightly but that's the gist of what he said.
            It might be what they are planning but the game right now is basically the same as normal but with an even more selfish playerbase because NIN/DNC can pretty much solo the game. Good luck finding help for anything you can't already solo yourself (in which case it's "Solo it or GTFO")
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'm not touching the game again until Seekers is out anyway, and even that's not a sure thing tbh.
              sigpic

Comment

It would require a huge infusion of new players in new servers and the removal of FoV and GoV with a lvl 75 requirement for Aby to get the game where it used to be 10 years ago.

As it stands right now it would appear all that's left is the masochists, the people in decent Linkshells and the bitter vets trying to solo unsoloable stuff with the jobs they actually like playing. XD
                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

No MMORPG is ever the same as it was ten years after it launches. Was there a point you were trying to make?
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Do you ever stop trolling, or are you just a full-time Jerkass
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, what's with that Cid? You state the obvious, then try to make it look like some very smart inquisitive observation of something you didn't get to begin with.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Hey guys, I'm voluntarily not playing this game anymore but I'm going to bitch about it anyway. When people make general statements about how games change I'm going to get all mad about it. Because how dare they.

Comment

Working...
                        X