all info lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all info lost

went to log in to game today and POL wanted me to register...?? wtf. i have been playing since beta so "registration" is not something i should need to do. All info i have saved for log in is missing and i cant remember my playonline ID off the top of my head. is there a location on the hdd in the ffxi program folder where this information is stored? has anyone else had this problem ever?

Re: all info lost

You're asked to register whenever you do a fresh install of POL which is why I personally always have my POL ID written down someone (mine is physically written both on the inside of one of my FFXI game boxes and in a tin where I keep important receipts, I also have copies of it on a computer that has nothing to do with MMOs, not even MMO sites and I'm also sure that I have at least four memory sticks with important passwords saved on them just in case).

Your best bet is to call Support and see what they can do.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I remembered all my info except playonline ID. After weeks of trying to get helps from SE's useless customer service, I ended up having to make a new char.

Things are alot easier now so it's not as daunting as it sounds.

Comment

Stop saying "Daunting"

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
          Stop saying "Daunting"

You beat me to it! XD

Comment

I've only said it once on the forum.. so far.

You don't daunt me, Yyg.

Comment

Working...
            X