XBox 360 Special Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox 360 Special Effects

I'm assuming there are actually effects to go along with the spells in this game right? I'm playing on 360 and I haven't actually noticed any spell effects. I checked and everything on my end is enabled as far as I can see. Is there a specific option I should ensure is on to check?
    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
    Red Mage-55
    Dark Knight-55

Re: XBox 360 Special Effects

special effects such as....?

Comment

There should be visual as well as audio effects. I believe most spells will have a unique sound. Different tiers will have the same sound. IE Aquaveil has it's own Sound FX, as well it will show a animation of water enveloping the character. You should definatly see it when your own character uses it.
      Shiva Server
      Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
      Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
      99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
      95<SAM>><PLD>97
      75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
      <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, special effects being spells. Casting Fire/Blizzard/Cure/Bio/Dia, none of them show any actual graphic, just the sound from the spell going off.

Warrior-19
        Red Mage-55
        Dark Knight-55

Comment

On your main menu go to Config and make sure that you haven't turned on the filters for all of the spell effects.

Comment

Thanks that fixed it. They were ON, didn't realize it was a filter, thought it was saying do you want to show the effect or not.

EDIT: Game just got more fun.

Warrior-19
            Red Mage-55
            Dark Knight-55

Comment

In this same vain... can anyone tell me the filter in text that I should turn off to see when another person's Treasure Hunter procs ? I play on 360 and I've turned many of them on so that it doesn't freeze/disconnect my console...
              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I don't think there is an effect that says when some ones TH procs. If they have TH, all they need to do is just hit the mob just once.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                  I don't think there is an effect that says when some ones TH procs. If they have TH, all they need to do is just hit the mob just once.
                  This was changed a while ago, wasn't it? A Thief attacking the mob will now occasionally yield "Additional effect: the mob's Treasure Hunter effect potency level has been raised to x," or something like that. The Treasure Hunter effect will increase in potency the more the Thief does stuff to the mob.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                    Not any more... you "proc" TH only with crit hits and upon the first "proc" your "level" is established so you can switch out of your TH+1 gears. With no TH+1 your TH level is lower. Mine w/ Dread atma, Thief knife, af3 +2 boots, and AA's starts at 8. I use RR and GH atmas so I have high likelihood of proc'n TH. I wish our DNC would use Feather step more cuz it lowers the mob's crit-hit evasion. Highest I've gotten is TH 'level' 11

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                    A Thief attacking the mob will now occasionally yield "Additional effect: the mob's Treasure Hunter effect potency level has been raised to x," or something like that.
                    Yes, only THF gets the proc'n.
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                      This was changed a while ago, wasn't it? A Thief attacking the mob will now occasionally yield "Additional effect: the mob's Treasure Hunter effect potency level has been raised to x," or something like that. The Treasure Hunter effect will increase in potency the more the Thief does stuff to the mob.
                      Oh, ok. It's been a while since I last played.

Comment

Working...
                      X