Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

I'm new and I had a quick question...if I cancel my FFXI content ID with the 30 day free trail from when I bought the ultimate collection can I still play for those 30 days? lol sorry I'm a complete noob but the words cancel content ID scares me as to think I won't be able to play.

Re: Quick Question

Nope, by canceling your content ID, you forfeit any further days you had with the trial. If you choose to reactivate it later, you will start paying the monthly fee. If again you cancel your ID, you won't get a refund for the left-over days and again, won't be able to play.

Word of advice, the monthly fee starts every month. I think to be safe it's usually on the 2nd-3rd day of the month. So if you decide to say, reactivate it on the 28th of October, you will be charged for the full month - then you will get charged again once it turns November. Stupid, we know, but you'll be surprised by how many people didn't read the fine print.
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

It says 30 days though? so really I only have until nov 1st? x.x what kind of freaking rip off is that?

Comment

Oh, no. The trial is unaffected by this. Whatever day you started on, you got 30 days free from now. Though if it ends in the middle of November, you're still gonna pay the full month. Though I'm having a really fuzzy memory of me paying less for the end of my trial month... let's just say full price to be safe.
        Ponies.

Duh.

Comment

Ok so I get 30 days..basically till nov 9th, then from nov 9th to the end I'll have to pay the 13 dollars if I wanna play during then?

Comment

Bingo.

I had one more advice for you but I completely forgot what it was. ¯ w¯ Ah well I'm sure it wasn't anything major.

Edit: OH YEAH! Never cancel your PlayOnline account if you feel like you're gonna quit playing or whatever. Canceling Content ID works the same, except if you one day decide to play again only to find you have to buy another copy of the game if you do the former.
            Ponies.

Duh.

Comment

Yeah I read on some forums about not cancelling the PlayOnline account..otherwise you'll have to buy a new copy XD instead cancel the content ID this way you will just have to resubscribe. Anyways thanks for the help I was really worried because they wouldn't accept my mastercard but took my visa and my visa only had 1 dollar in it XD so I only had enough for them to take the 1 dollar out to check if it was real or not.

Comment

Lucky, they took two dollars off me. I mean, I got it back in the end but I wanted a soda that day!

Well, glad to help, enjoy the game, and come back to visit us - we're an awesome community. :D Well, mostly. You gotta watch out for the Feba. Vile, wicked things they are.
                Ponies.

Duh.

Comment

Working...
                X