Is SE taking this whole weekend off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is SE taking this whole weekend off?

I bought the game on Saturday and kept getting the error 5004 server is busy. I tried calling today but they are closed apparently. Are they on "holiday" break and would that be why the registration server been busy the past 3 days?

Re: Is SE taking this whole weekend off?

SE has almost never been open on weekends, unless they majorly screw something up. The registration server ... I have no idea on that one. But support? Monday - Friday only, and PST hours. Which is retarded, considering they run a global MMO that is up and running 24/7. Unfortunately, though, that's the way it is, and you'll have to wait until tomorrow to call them for support.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Well the odd thing is its open today yet its not open when i called. They said due to holiday yet im not sure of any holiday thats today. I just want that error to be gone so I can reg already

Comment

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

They're closed today because of Independence Day.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
        Monday - Friday only, and PST hours. Which is retarded, considering they run a global MMO that is up and running 24/7.
        Those are the North American Support Center hours. I suppose if you were interested in heavy long distance fees and spoke Japanese you could find and call the Japanese support line. They may have French and German and English lines if you wanted to call Europe.

They have more then one support center, but they are still going to observe local business hours.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I see, alright guess ill try to register again tomorrow and if i get same error just give them a call

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalForce View Post
            They said due to holiday yet im not sure of any holiday thats today.
            In the US, lots of holidays are assigned to dates instead of days within a month. For example, instead of being "the xth monday in month", it falls in "the Xth of Month". December 25th for Christmas and the like. In this case, the 4th of July occurred on a weekend. When that happens, it's standard for a day off to be given on the following Monday or preceding Friday.

Comment

Anyone know all the reasons i would even have a 5004 error? maybe whenever SE is closed you cant reg? but that would be odd not being able to reg on weekend so im doubting that =/

Comment

Working...
              X